the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: the God term
See this is what gets my nads in an overhand knot:

If god is love, how do the stories of god killing humans (children and babies included) fit in your mind?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 12:01 PM
(23-04-2013 11:54 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 11:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. The golden calf was set up as a symbol of Yahweh's presence in the Northern Kingdom, like the two cherubim on top of the arc in the South. It was not "constructed" at the time of Moses. Moses was a myth. So was the Exodus. The reason the incident about the golden calf was written into Exodus the way it was, was because the Yahwists, (Southern Kingdom priests) hated the Northern Kingdom priests.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s
Maybe you wouldn't cook up such nonsense if you actually knew something about the origins of your cult.
I would most humbly ask you to at least try to have an open mind and refrain from assuming I belong to a cult. I submit that the sentiments you express towards me are without any merit. But at least I now understand the cause of your frustration with me.
For I have read the post on the golden calves which you have lovingly provided. It was a fascinating read and I thank you. The compilation of information and how it is used to formulate a conclusion is quite sound for the most part. The writer is clear in making sure the reader is informed when he is speculating and where he is not. A trustworthy and fair analysis was my overall assessment. Also it does answer some questions I have often wondered about. But after all is said and done, it only confirms what I have said all along. That religion is the usurping of God and is vanity. As you know I have tried to tell you that from the beginning. That religion killed the Christ.

This study does not in any way displace God nor His Christ in any way.

And as we have pointed out many times it was not the jews that killed your jesus but the Romans, on charges of sedition and breaking the peace.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-04-2013, 12:01 PM
the God term
Childeye, for how long have you been a Christian? Also, what's the extent of your experiences dealing with atheists?
23-04-2013, 12:22 PM
23-04-2013, 12:24 PM
(23-04-2013 12:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Childeye, for how long have you been a Christian? Also, what's the extent of your experiences dealing with atheists?
I was raised Roman Catholic but I became a True Christian when I was about 19 years of age. I have never dealt with atheists that I am aware of.
23-04-2013, 12:27 PM
the God term
(23-04-2013 12:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 12:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Childeye, for how long have you been a Christian? Also, what's the extent of your experiences dealing with atheists?
I was raised Roman Catholic but I became a True Christian when I was about 19 years of age. I have never dealt with atheists that I am aware of.

Have you considered posting an introduction thread in the Introductions section of the forums? It would be a convenient place for us to ask you questions about yourself.
I recommend it. I have many more questions for you.
23-04-2013, 12:32 PM

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-04-2013, 12:33 PM
(23-04-2013 12:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 11:54 AM)childeye Wrote:  I would most humbly ask you to at least try to have an open mind and refrain from assuming I belong to a cult. I submit that the sentiments you express towards me are without any merit. But at least I now understand the cause of your frustration with me.
For I have read the post on the golden calves which you have lovingly provided. It was a fascinating read and I thank you. The compilation of information and how it is used to formulate a conclusion is quite sound for the most part. The writer is clear in making sure the reader is informed when he is speculating and where he is not. A trustworthy and fair analysis was my overall assessment. Also it does answer some questions I have often wondered about. But after all is said and done, it only confirms what I have said all along. That religion is the usurping of God and is vanity. As you know I have tried to tell you that from the beginning. That religion killed the Christ.

This study does not in any way displace God nor His Christ in any way.

And as we have pointed out many times it was not the jews that killed your jesus but the Romans, on charges of sedition and breaking the peace.
Yes, I realize this. You need not prove it to me. The bible even agrees with you. Can you prove the temple authorities were not involved in any way? This does not change the fact that the words of Jesus are Truth. This does not change the fact that Christians were persecuted.
23-04-2013, 12:39 PM
(23-04-2013 12:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 12:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  Forgive me, but I have never said it is wrong to question the bible, nor have I said it is the work of the devil. The devil is a spirit of vanity.

You assume too much here. I do not close my eyes to anything contrary to what I believe. You have no basis for such a claim. I simply say what is, as in 1+1=2. However instead of math, I am saying that the Spirit of Love is the goodness of man and it is God morally speaking. So yes, indeed if I chose to believe it is not to be cherished or trusted in, then of course my soul is in danger. For when challenged by life to turn and run from serving the True God, the enemy of God would then be my god. For if one is not serving the Truth he is serving a lie.

But it's possible that there is no Truth, and we don't actually have to serve anything. Wouldn't that be nice?
An oxymoron. If there were no truth that would be the Truth. What good is any logical reasoning without a basis of fact to reason upon? To what would the words knowledge and ignorance be applied without Truth? And no it would not be nice because nice would not even have meaning.
23-04-2013, 12:42 PM
(23-04-2013 12:27 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 12:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I was raised Roman Catholic but I became a True Christian when I was about 19 years of age. I have never dealt with atheists that I am aware of.

Have you considered posting an introduction thread in the Introductions section of the forums? It would be a convenient place for us to ask you questions about yourself.
I recommend it. I have many more questions for you.
I admit the smile on your face is quite compelling. I wish you would stop doing that. I will consider it.