the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: the God term
(23-04-2013 12:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  I admit the smile on your face is quite compelling. I wish you would stop doing that. I will consider it.

Soon buddy, soon. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
23-04-2013, 12:50 PM
(23-04-2013 12:00 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  See this is what gets my nads in an overhand knot:

If god is love, how do the stories of god killing humans (children and babies included) fit in your mind?
I suggest you read bucky balls excellent commentary on the two bulls. As for me I am ill equipped to make summary judgments without knowing all the facts. I was not there. For all I know, it could be a metaphor.
23-04-2013, 01:08 PM
(23-04-2013 12:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 12:00 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  See this is what gets my nads in an overhand knot:

If god is love, how do the stories of god killing humans (children and babies included) fit in your mind?
I suggest you read bucky balls excellent commentary on the two bulls. As for me I am ill equipped to make summary judgments without knowing all the facts. I was not there. For all I know, it could be a metaphor.

Is god a metaphor to you? Love=god is not a metaphor but a comparison. I'm wanting to see why you figure it could be a metaphor and if so why a biblical account of something happening to humans does or does not influence you view on the validity of god.

23-04-2013, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2013 01:35 PM by childeye.)
(23-04-2013 10:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All you really have is dim hope that you're right.
Yes I can see why you say this. I do not have a dim hope however that Love is real and goes on forever. For I know and do not just hope that Love defines that which is the Light in my soul.

Quote:Unfortunately you have to die to know any truth...but since you'll be dead it won't matter. You believe that you'll be in heaven and we believe there's not a shred of evidence to suggest that..There are thousands of years of myths that say the same thing. And they all believed their text were divinely inspired and that's also why many of those "beliefs" and stories found their way into the bible.
I do not need to know I will go to heaven. I simply love what is good. Anyone who writes about God most earnestly, is indeed inspired by God. Everything I have written on this forum is inspired by God. Every Messianic figure in movies and song and lterature is inspired by God.

Quote:It doesn't mean its divine anything. Seriously the Cherubim?
Yes seriously the Cherubim. The two flaming swords that bar the way to the tree of life, accuse and excuse, left right, give and take. The destruction of vanity and all that is hypocrisy.

Quote:The cherubim mostly likely came from when the jewish nomads settled in Canaan. The Canaanites had a story about "angels" of their gods (messengers or whatever) and those stories were incorporated into Judaism. Everything was lifted from somewhere else and none was completely original.

In all Truth, men would have no use of devising Cherubim. They can only serve that which is Holy.
23-04-2013, 01:25 PM
(23-04-2013 01:08 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 12:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  I suggest you read bucky balls excellent commentary on the two bulls. As for me I am ill equipped to make summary judgments without knowing all the facts. I was not there. For all I know, it could be a metaphor.

Is god a metaphor to you? Love=god is not a metaphor but a comparison. I'm wanting to see why you figure it could be a metaphor and if so why a biblical account of something happening to humans does or does not influence you view on the validity of god.
1=1 is not a comparison and neither is God=Love. You are asking me to do a study on scripture to see if God killing children as you say, is a metaphor? To what end? It can do nothing to change our reality. My validity of God is not based upon scripture even as His existence is not.
23-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Childeye, have you ever gotten your taint tickled?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
23-04-2013, 01:50 PM
(23-04-2013 01:37 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Childeye, have you ever gotten your taint tickled?
Assuming you mean have I ever felt goodness, joy, hope, empathy, cried with sorrow, grieved for loved ones, had courage, the answer is yes. If you mean have I ever been manipulated or consumed by religious fervor, the answer is no. But I admit I have tried.
23-04-2013, 01:51 PM
(23-04-2013 01:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 01:08 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Is god a metaphor to you? Love=god is not a metaphor but a comparison. I'm wanting to see why you figure it could be a metaphor and if so why a biblical account of something happening to humans does or does not influence you view on the validity of god.
1=1 is not a comparison and neither is God=Love. You are asking me to do a study on scripture to see if God killing children as you say, is a metaphor? To what end? It can do nothing to change our reality. My validity of God is not based upon scripture even as His existence is not.

If you don't use the bible, and yet believe in Jesus (who's fucking stories are in the damn book), call yourself a true christian and try to proselytize your beliefs on an atheist forum I can only surmise you're a very deluded individual. Especially considering how long you've stuck it out on this particular thread.

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKILL I SUMMON EGOR!!!

Yes, that was fucking Evil_monster dark powerEvil_monster I just summoned but quite honestly Egor is looking like much better company atm.

[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
23-04-2013, 01:59 PM
(23-04-2013 01:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 01:37 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Childeye, have you ever gotten your taint tickled?
Assuming you mean have I ever felt goodness, joy, hope, empathy, cried with sorrow, grieved for loved ones, had courage, the answer is yes. If you mean have I ever been manipulated or consumed by religious fervor, the answer is no. But I admit I have tried.

.....no I was asking if you literally have been caressed on your fleshy fun bridge.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
23-04-2013, 02:01 PM
(23-04-2013 01:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 10:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All you really have is dim hope that you're right.
Yes I can see why you say this. I do not have a dim hope however that Love is real and goes on forever. For I know and do not just hope that Love defines that which is the Light in my soul.

Quote:Unfortunately you have to die to know any truth...but since you'll be dead it won't matter. You believe that you'll be in heaven and we believe there's not a shred of evidence to suggest that..There are thousands of years of myths that say the same thing. And they all believed their text were divinely inspired and that's also why many of those "beliefs" and stories found their way into the bible.
I do not need to know I will go to heaven. I simply love what is good. Anyone who writes about God most earnestly, is indeed inspired by God. Everything I have written on this forum is inspired by God. Every Messianic figure in movies and song and lterature is inspired by God.

Quote:It doesn't mean its divine anything. Seriously the Cherubim?
Yes seriously the Cherubim. The two flaming swords that bar the way to the tree of life, accuse and excuse, left right, give and take. The destruction of vanity and all that is hypocrisy.

Quote:The cherubim mostly likely came from when the jewish nomads settled in Canaan. The Canaanites had a story about "angels" of their gods (messengers or whatever) and those stories were incorporated into Judaism. Everything was lifted from somewhere else and none was completely original.

In all Truth, men would have no use of devising Cherubim. They can only serve that which is Holy.

Everything you have written here isn't inspired by god, but is about your own vanity -- your insistence that you're right and we're all misguided. You haven't provided a shred of any evidence to support your love, morality, empathy, truth (with a capital T) and true christian hypothesis.

To know that men would have no cause to invent the cherubim, you would need to understand the basis of the original myth. Of course there was a reason! To demonstrate the awesomeness of the gods purported to create it -- the Cannaanites were polytheistic. It's downright mind blowing how narrow your views are. Ancient Jews believed in just one god, but they incorporated many of the OLDER myths into their religion. Things like the cherubim they picked up along the way and incorporated it and said god did it. It doesn't make it any way more real. In fact, all it does is serve to explain how supercilious monotheistic religions and bible believers are.

Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon