the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: the God term
(23-04-2013 01:59 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 01:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  Assuming you mean have I ever felt goodness, joy, hope, empathy, cried with sorrow, grieved for loved ones, had courage, the answer is yes. If you mean have I ever been manipulated or consumed by religious fervor, the answer is no. But I admit I have tried.

.....no I was asking if you literally have been caressed on your fleshy fun bridge.

Even the taint tickler that I am....I have no words...but secretly wonder what the answer will be...

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-04-2013, 02:31 PM
(23-04-2013 01:51 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 01:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  1=1 is not a comparison and neither is God=Love. You are asking me to do a study on scripture to see if God killing children as you say, is a metaphor? To what end? It can do nothing to change our reality. My validity of God is not based upon scripture even as His existence is not.

If you don't use the bible, and yet believe in Jesus (who's fucking stories are in the damn book), call yourself a true christian and try to proselytize your beliefs on an atheist forum I can only surmise you're a very deluded individual. Especially considering how long you've stuck it out on this particular thread.

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKILL I SUMMON EGOR!!!

Yes, that was fucking Evil_monster dark powerEvil_monster I just summoned but quite honestly Egor is looking like much better company atm.
I did not actually say I don't use the bible. I am merely logically pointing out that if God is real, the bible would exist because of Him, rather than He would exist because of the bible.

With all sincerity, I am not here to proselytize. As I've pointed out earlier, that the Christ said no man can come to God lest God draw him. It must be given by God for a man to come to Christ. Therefore, a True Christian does not attempt to. I would however say that Christians do speak Truth and do spread the good news that God is the Eternal Spirit of Love as seen on the cross of the Christ.

To be clear, you speak what you see as truth and I do not believe you are trying to proselytize me. I have come here to see why an atheist believes there is no God. Mostly I have learned that atheists conflate God with religion. I have asserted that the term God is an absolute. I have pointed out that the scriptures claim the last religion on earth will be the worship of the beast wherein no worship of God will be allowed. For all their disdain for religion and scripture, no one here has addressed the obvious flaw in the atheist reasoning which would assert there is no such absolute and yet scripture testifies that the atheistic mindset will be the last religion doing exactly that.
23-04-2013, 03:03 PM
(23-04-2013 02:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  I did not actually say I don't use the bible. I am merely logically pointing out that if God is real, the bible would exist because of Him, rather than He would exist because of the bible.
So word of mouth? Yup, those die out very quickly.

(23-04-2013 02:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  With all sincerity, I am not here to proselytize. As I've pointed out earlier, that the Christ said no man can come to God lest God draw him. It must be given by God for a man to come to Christ. Therefore, a True Christian does not attempt to. I would however say that Christians do speak Truth and do spread the good news that God is the Eternal Spirit of Love as seen on the cross of the Christ.

So what you're saying here is that spiritually, your ass is covered.

(23-04-2013 02:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  To be clear, you speak what you see as truth and I do not believe you are trying to proselytize me.

And? You're saying it like it's a bad thing. Rolleyes

(23-04-2013 02:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have come here to see why an atheist believes there is no God.
Why are you still here then?

(23-04-2013 02:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  Mostly I have learned that atheists conflate God with religion.
WTAF?

(23-04-2013 02:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have asserted that the term God is an absolute.
Says you Tongue

(23-04-2013 02:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have pointed out that the scriptures claim the last religion on earth will be the worship of the beast wherein no worship of God will be allowed. For all their disdain for religion and scripture, no one here has addressed the obvious flaw in the atheist reasoning which would assert there is no such absolute and yet scripture testifies that the atheistic mindset will be the last religion doing exactly that.

LOL So let me get this: The beast will be worshiped by atheists and the last religion to be worshiped at because no worship of god will be allowed?

Dude, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are going to be the last people on earth worshiping, and then Armageddon will come. Pick your bone with them. If you really think atheists are gonna take the hat, you really need to understand what atheism really is about.

Hint: the key word is worship: I personally don't find the need to worship any 'beast' or supernatural being because I haven't had enough satisfying and scientifically verifiable proof that one actually exists and is deserving of worship.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
23-04-2013, 03:21 PM
the God term
(23-04-2013 01:59 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 01:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  Assuming you mean have I ever felt goodness, joy, hope, empathy, cried with sorrow, grieved for loved ones, had courage, the answer is yes. If you mean have I ever been manipulated or consumed by religious fervor, the answer is no. But I admit I have tried.

.....no I was asking if you literally have been caressed on your fleshy fun bridge.

You need to do the forums a favor and start us a thread on Sexy Euphemisms. This will be a worthwhile use of our time and energies.
[+] 4 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
23-04-2013, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2013 04:35 PM by childeye.)
23-04-2013, 03:57 PM
the God term
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
23-04-2013, 04:15 PM

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-04-2013, 04:20 PM
(23-04-2013 04:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The idea of treating others as we'd like to be treated is Buddhist and predates the bible...

Pretty sure it's older than that. Old as evolution no doubt.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-04-2013, 04:24 PM
(23-04-2013 03:03 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  LOL So let me get this: The beast will be worshiped by atheists and the last religion to be worshiped at because no worship of god will be allowed?

Hint: the key word is worship: I personally don't find the need to worship any 'beast' or supernatural being because I haven't had enough satisfying and scientifically verifiable proof that one actually exists and is deserving of worship.
The bible says the unbeliever will not know they are worshipping the beast for they are deceived. You think you worship nothing, yet you worship knowledge and science. You serve that which you believe as fact. That's okay, everyone does. I submit that it is better to have a loving heart than all the knowledge in the world.

I am pointing out that God should not be conflated with religion. I have asserted that God is Love and Love is that ultimately wonderful Spirit worthy of being cherished and worshipped as God. As in trustworthy to serve and recogmized as the Eternal Spirit. That is perfectly true to me in all honesty. It is the One moral Truth that can live in all men and makes life worthwhile.
23-04-2013, 04:26 PM
(23-04-2013 04:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The idea of treating others as we'd like to be treated is Buddhist and predates the bible...

Pretty sure it's older than that. Old as evolution no doubt.
The Spirit that does it is was before it.