the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2013, 04:32 PM
RE: the God term
(23-04-2013 03:57 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 03:52 PM)childeye Wrote:  I think you misinterpret me as you often do. Vanity is that which usurps from God what is His. As I am saying that God is Love and not myself it therefore cannot be vanity by definition.
My dear, hypocrisy is for hypocrits. Of course I have asserted that you all are misguided the very moment that I said I believe in God. This is no different than you saying there is no God and I am misguided. Yet you count it vanity on my part and see not your own. Such is hypocrisy. May I suggest that we treat each other as we would want to be treated if we were in the others shoes? For this is what Love does.

I feel I have adequately proven there is a Spirit of Love. You yourself experience Love. I should not need prove that to you. The question is therefore, is that goodness in mankind at the prerogative of a persons will, or is it a separate and Higher entity? Therefore when you conflate God with religion we cannot progress.

Quite true. And conversely no one who does not know what is the basis of that myth might speak as if it was an invention of men.

And here we have it. The proof of hypocritical reasoning. You first claim there is a reason for the myth and then claim that reason has no substance other than to add to superstition. As I said, if one truly knew the meaning behind the Cherubim, they would not speak as if men invented them. You might as well have just said they mean nothing. If you recall I have mentioned accuse and excuse and the destruction of vanity and hypocrisy. These are the reasons I have proposed which obviously you have not considered. Please note above that I have said that we treat each other as we would want to be treated if we were in the other's shoes. This is exactly what I am talking about concerning the meaning of the Cherubim.

How is their meaning not the invention of humans?
Treating others as you would want to be treated is the Golden rule. It is what Love does without having to be told. It is wnat empathy enables. Suppose I asked you to not Love, not feel empathy, could you do that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 04:41 PM
(23-04-2013 04:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  Pretty sure it's older than that. Old as evolution no doubt.
The Spirit that does it is was before it.

That's bull. But it falls into YOUR beliefs therefore acceptable....yes I remember your argument of there not being any empathy before monotheism. Another falicy.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

23-04-2013, 04:43 PM
(23-04-2013 04:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The canaanites created the cherubim for their own dieties. The fact the Jews found the notion useful for their own purpose is irrelevant . They were the invention of men.

Whoever came up with the two Cherubim is not really my dispute with you. It is their meaning I am interested in.

Quote:The idea of treating others as we'd like to be treated is Buddhist and predates the bible...
How did the idea get formed? It is a description of what Love does, the Moral imperative. You really must try not to conflate Love with religion. Love is a common Truth and it is a Spirit.
23-04-2013, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2013 05:16 PM by childeye.)
(23-04-2013 04:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  The Spirit that does it is was before it.

That's bull. But it falls into YOUR beliefs therefore acceptable....yes I remember your argument of there not being any empathy before monotheism. Another falicy.
Again you repeat the same misunderstanding that you had before. You are conflating Love with religion. I never meant there was not empathy before monotheism. What I said was The One True God is Love. Hence He could not come after Himself nor before Himself. Let me put it this way. If God created Adam and they walked together, did Adam believe in Him? You repeat the same misunderstanding. When you say Montheism you are speaking of when you believe men first invented a single god theory. What I am saying is God always existed as One.
23-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Sorry, wrong post
23-04-2013, 04:55 PM
(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  You think you worship nothing, yet you worship knowledge and science. You serve that which you believe as fact. That's okay, everyone does. I submit that it is better to have a loving heart than all the knowledge in the world.

If you actually think anyone here worships knowledge and science then you clearly don't understand the word worship.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
23-04-2013, 05:00 PM
(23-04-2013 04:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  You think you worship nothing, yet you worship knowledge and science. You serve that which you believe as fact. That's okay, everyone does. I submit that it is better to have a loving heart than all the knowledge in the world.

If you actually think anyone here worships knowledge and science then you clearly don't understand the word worship.
My bad , it is not the proper term.
23-04-2013, 05:04 PM
the God term
(23-04-2013 04:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 03:57 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  How is their meaning not the invention of humans?
Treating others as you would want to be treated is the Golden rule. It is what Love does without having to be told. It is wnat empathy enables. Suppose I asked you to not Love, not feel empathy, could you do that?

Perhaps my question was poorly phrased. I was asking how the meaning of the cherubim is not the invention of humans. If that is indeed the question you were answering then you may need to clarify for me because I don't see the relevance.
23-04-2013, 05:14 PM
(23-04-2013 05:04 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  Treating others as you would want to be treated is the Golden rule. It is what Love does without having to be told. It is wnat empathy enables. Suppose I asked you to not Love, not feel empathy, could you do that?

Perhaps my question was poorly phrased. I was asking how the meaning of the cherubim is not the invention of humans. If that is indeed the question you were answering then you may need to clarify for me because I don't see the relevance.
My mstake I assumed you meant the meaning that I take from it. I cannot amswer your question since it proposes that I first ascertain what the symbolism is according to those who constructed it. I assume it is about God and therefore the Spirit of Love. Consequently, Love is not an invention of man.
23-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Could someone sum up the last 122 pages in 3 words or less. I don't like reading.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results