the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: the God term
(23-04-2013 06:15 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Could someone sum up the last 122 pages in 3 words or less. I don't like reading.

childeye drank kool-aid.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-04-2013, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2013 06:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-04-2013 05:04 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  Treating others as you would want to be treated is the Golden rule. It is what Love does without having to be told. It is wnat empathy enables. Suppose I asked you to not Love, not feel empathy, could you do that?

Perhaps my question was poorly phrased. I was asking how the meaning of the cherubim is not the invention of humans. If that is indeed the question you were answering then you may need to clarify for me because I don't see the relevance.

You see, Your Eminence, (you are a cardinal, I assume), it's a universal tautology.
Ruv is ruv is ruv. All is ruv. He's a "flower child", (from the 60's). Tongue

Actually Childish has been saying for 100 + "umpteen" pages what no one really disagrees with. He has his own (ancient) linguistic way of saying "love is the most important human value". He calls it a "deity". Whatever. It means the same thing. You just need your Dick Tracy decodeer ring, to talk to these old farts.
Saul of Tarsus said it. Many others said the same thing. I also do like Childish's willingness to agree that he doesn't know a lot about a number of things. For some odd reason, he is less obnoxious than many of our theist visitors. A number of months ago, Girly, hoc, and I agreed, that in the end, the Christian mystical position, ("silent before the *loving* 'Cloud of the Unknowing', http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloud_of_Unknowing ), and atheistic agnosticism, and Eastern (Tao) mysticism are all essentially the same position, practically speaking.

I still get really annoyed with the fundie's lack of knowledge about their roots, but the enlightened religionists, (such as the nuns in the last few years who said they thought they needed to "move beyond Jebus", and beyond the church caused quite the ruckus, and I'm sure will continue to : http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05...od-within/ )
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/getreligion...ond-jesus/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2013, 06:54 PM
the God term
(23-04-2013 06:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 05:04 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Perhaps my question was poorly phrased. I was asking how the meaning of the cherubim is not the invention of humans. If that is indeed the question you were answering then you may need to clarify for me because I don't see the relevance.

You see, Your Eminence, (you are a cardinal, I assume), it's a universal tautology.
Ruv is ruv is ruv. All is ruv. He's a "flower child", (from the 60's). :p

Actually Childish has been saying for 100 + "umpteen" pages what no one really disagrees with. He has his own (ancient) linguistic way of saying "love is the most important human value". He calls it a "deity". Whatever. It means the same thing. You just need your Dick Tracy decodeer ring, to talk to these old farts.
Saul of Tarsus said it. Many others said the same thing. I also do like Childish's willingness to agree that he doesn't know a lot about a number of things. For some odd reason, he is less obnoxious than many of our theist visitors. A number of months ago, Girly, hoc, and I agreed, that in the end, the Christian mystical position, ("silent before the *loving* 'Cloud of the Unknowing', http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloud_of_Unknowing ), and atheistic agnosticism, and Eastern (Tao) mysticism are all essentially the same position, practically speaking.

I still get really annoyed with the fundie's lack of knowledge about their roots, but the enlightened religionists, (such as the nuns in the last few years who said they thought they needed to "move beyond Jebus", and beyond the church caused quite the ruckus, and I'm sure will continue to : http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05...od-within/ )
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/getreligion...ond-jesus/

Your respect for my title does not go unnoticed. You shall be spared. You may kiss the ring. Thank you. That is all.
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
23-04-2013, 09:07 PM
(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  You serve that which you believe as fact. That's okay, everyone does.
Believe... that's another word you really don't understand the definition of.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I submit that it is better to have a loving heart than all the knowledge in the world.
We've turned our knowledge gathering towards space since that was written. Drinking Beverage

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am pointing out that God should not be conflated with religion.
You said this...

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have asserted that God is Love and Love is that ultimately wonderful Spirit worthy of being cherished and worshipped as God.
...you then said this.

Quote:re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun

The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
Drinking Beverage

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  As in trustworthy to serve and recogmized as the Eternal Spirit. That is perfectly true to me in all honesty. It is the One moral Truth that can live in all men and makes life worthwhile.

Your belief, not mine.

(23-04-2013 05:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  If you actually think anyone here worships knowledge and science then you clearly don't understand the word worship.
My bad , it is not the proper term.

Do tell what the proper term is.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 5 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
23-04-2013, 10:14 PM
250 pages? Consider

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
24-04-2013, 02:08 AM
(23-04-2013 10:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  250 pages? Consider

Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-04-2013, 04:56 AM
(23-04-2013 10:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  250 pages? Consider

I'm only getting 123 pages. But still I'm as shocked as you are.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
24-04-2013, 05:16 AM
No, I'm wondering if we can make it to 250.

24-04-2013, 05:27 AM
(24-04-2013 05:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No, I'm wondering if we can make it to 250.

Ah. I hope not.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
24-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Me either, but ya know, I say that yet here I am posting in this thread again so..