the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: the God term
It's what happens when you talk to a brick wall.

123 bricks and counting.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
24-04-2013, 05:40 AM
(23-04-2013 04:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  Pretty sure it's older than that. Old as evolution no doubt.
The Spirit that does it is was before it.

The spirit that does it is was doesn't teech yuo how 2 spel 2 gud.

Or say a single coherent sentence Dodgy

Fuckin' great job your doing for Christianity by the way Thumbsup, everyone who trys to read this thread will come away with a clear impression of the inherent nuttiness of religion.

Except for MSBB's husband Dodgy

Jesus Christ how many seconds of my precious life... Angry
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-04-2013, 08:02 AM
the God term
(24-04-2013 05:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It's what happens when you talk to a brick wall.

123 bricks and counting.

Tapatalk has me counting only 62. But who's counting? Other than Tapatalk? Or us?
24-04-2013, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 01:50 PM by childeye.)
[
(23-04-2013 09:07 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Believe... that's another word you really don't understand the definition of.
Okay, what do you think believes means?

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I submit that it is better to have a loving heart than all the knowledge in the world.
Quote:We've turned our knowledge gathering towards space since that was written. Drinking Beverage
That does not change the truth of that statement.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am pointing out that God should not be conflated with religion.
Quote:You said this...
So quite doing it.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have asserted that God is Love and Love is that ultimately wonderful Spirit worthy of being cherished and worshipped as God.

Quote:re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun

The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
This is one of many definitions of religion. Not mine. For example; What is Superhuman? Is it a term that describes an ability beyond that which is human? Yet Humans will judge angels according to scripture.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  As in trustworthy to serve and recogmized as the Eternal Spirit. That is perfectly true to me in all honesty. It is the One moral Truth that can live in all men and makes life worthwhile.

[quote]Your belief, not mine.
Yes I know this. But my point is you should not dispute it. Or rather the way you go about disputing it is more the problem.

Quote:Do tell what the proper term is.
Whatever term that implies the utmost value to that which moves you.
24-04-2013, 09:53 AM
(24-04-2013 09:24 AM)childeye Wrote:  Whatever term that implies the utmost value to that which moves you.

Entropy?
Gravity?
Brownian motion?
Oh! I know!

I love my Gwynnies! Heart

And!

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/belief/

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2013, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 10:09 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2013, 11:47 AM
the God term
(24-04-2013 09:24 AM)childeye Wrote:  [
(23-04-2013 09:07 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Believe... that's another word you really don't understand the definition of.
Okay, what dp you think believes means?

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I submit that it is better to have a loving heart than all the knowledge in the world.
Quote:We've turned our knowledge gathering towards space since that was written. :coffee:
That does not change the truth of that statement.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am pointing out that God should not be conflated with religion.
Quote:You said this...
So quite doing it.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have asserted that God is Love and Love is that ultimately wonderful Spirit worthy of being cherished and worshipped as God.

Quote:re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun

The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
This is one of many definitions of religion. Not mine. For example; What is Superhuman? Is it a term that describes an ability beyond that which is human? Yet Humans will judge angels according to scripture.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  As in trustworthy to serve and recogmized as the Eternal Spirit. That is perfectly true to me in all honesty. It is the One moral Truth that can live in all men and makes life worthwhile.

[quote]Your belief, not mine.
Yes I know this. But my point is you should not dispute it. Or rather the way you go about disputing it is more the problem.

Quote:Do tell what the proper term is.
Whatever term that implies the utmost value to that which moves you.

I don't dispute the value of love. But, I do tend to put the value of survival before love. Without survival there would be nobody left to love.

However, love does tend to have the added side effects of encouraging mutual survival and also of making survival more enjoyable. I also value kindness a great deal.

However, I see these traits as human being shared by most living things. I do not see them as spiritual nor do I see the necessity to claim any outside forces.
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
24-04-2013, 12:02 PM
(24-04-2013 11:47 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I do not see them as spiritual nor do I see the necessity to claim any outside forces.

CE: "That's because you went to the not-True Christian church. If you had gone to the right church you'd have a giant penis just like me and wave it around for everyone to see. Hey that rhymed! I'm a poet! God loves meeee!"

Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I hear that the throngs at the Church of Morondog have the longest schlongs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
24-04-2013, 12:07 PM
(24-04-2013 12:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I hear that the throngs at the Church of Morondog have the longest schlongs.

Indeedy you heard arright, it is necessary for the Holy Cock fight.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post