You two should totally compare notes.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-04-2013, 12:28 PM
RE: the God term
(24-04-2013 09:24 AM)childeye Wrote:  So quite doing it.
You are telling me and others what to do while overlooking the fact that trying to force someone to not think or not do does not work and isn't beneficial in conversation.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  This is one of many definitions of religion. Not mine. For example; What is Superhuman? Is it a term that describes an ability beyond that which is human? Yet Humans will judge angels according to scripture.
It is a term that describes an ability that is above the human; preternatural or supernatural. Within mythology, angels are considered supernatural beings.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes I know this. But my point is you should not dispute it. Or rather the way you go about disputing it is more the problem.
You have no right to dictate how others should react to your posts. Again, you're forcing your beliefs upon a majority of people who do not share your belief system and when you can't cope with the responses you get to what you freely post on this site, you decide to force your will upon others. It doesn't work that way.

You can state that there is a problem, but if you can't even show where the problem is then you're not contributing to the conversation. For example, if Little Timmy is trying to learn that 1 plus 1 equals 2, but thought the answer is 3 and his teacher goes up to him and tells him he's wrong and leaves it at that, Little Timmy won't learn anything. He could go the rest of his life thinking that even though the answer isn't 3, that's the best he can come up with. In reality, his teacher is a shit teacher. I was a "Little Timmy" for a very long while. Then I realized that in reality I was being taught bullshit by shitty teachers. When I started to think more for myself - to question, ask others who also were asking same and even more profound questions than I - did I begin to escape the connundrum that "Little Timmy" found himself in. I apply it to this very day, and live a much more satisfying life due to that.

If you plan to dictate be prepared for opposition.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  Whatever term that implies the utmost value to that which moves you.
So you didn't say what the proper term is. I wrote that to see what you thought was the proper term to the previous comment you had made that atheists worship science. If you don't believe we worship science as you had previously stated -

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  You think you worship nothing, yet you worship knowledge and science.

- then what exactly did you mean by your statement, as in what is the proper term? And be aware your response has a high chance of blowing your own argument out of the water. It already is very diluted by your own response of "My bad".

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
24-04-2013, 12:59 PM
(24-04-2013 09:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 09:24 AM)childeye Wrote:  Whatever term that implies the utmost value to that which moves you.

Entropy?
Gravity?
Brownian motion?
Oh! I know!

I love my Gwynnies! Heart

And!

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/belief/
How astute of you. Love.
24-04-2013, 01:04 PM
(24-04-2013 12:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 09:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Entropy?
Gravity?
Brownian motion?
Oh! I know!

I love my Gwynnies! Heart

And!

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/belief/
How astute of you. Love.

Nothing but the best with HoC. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
24-04-2013, 01:06 PM
(24-04-2013 12:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hey Childeye, have you met Egor?
No I have not met Egor.
24-04-2013, 01:08 PM
(24-04-2013 12:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hey Childeye, have you met Egor?
Is this like comparing lipsticks? Blink

[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
24-04-2013, 01:46 PM
24-04-2013, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 05:16 PM by childeye.)
(24-04-2013 11:47 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I don't dispute the value of love. But, I do tend to put the value of survival before love. Without survival there would be nobody left to love.

However, love does tend to have the added side effects of encouraging mutual survival and also of making survival more enjoyable. I also value kindness a great deal.
Objectively speaking, I surmise that if everyone were kind and valued Love above their own survival so that they would rather die so others may survive, then all would be well and all would survive. This is what is referred to as the Kingdom of God.

Quote:However, I see these traits as human being shared by most living things. I do not see them as spiritual nor do I see the necessity to claim any outside forces.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Cardinal smurf. You are nailing the point of contention here rather than erecting a straw man by conflating religion with God.

Perhaps you will also see that all of mankind is not always loving or kind, but also cruel heartless and self oriented. These traits are also in mankind. They are a direct antithesis to the kingdom of God. In the following statement I will use the term "outside forces" even though I believe God dwells inside of most men in varying degree. And I trust you know that I view God as Love simply because I view God as the force for goodness. The reason I claim outside forces as viable is because there is a corruption of the will in mankind which cannot be seen from the view of moral relativism as described by the atheist. Something or someone persecutes the preaching of the Truth of this Kingdom of God im this world. Al of the apostles were killed and persecuted simply for preaching that God is Love and the kingdom of God and the spirit of Christ. I do not see this as random happenstance. I personally experience this very same phenomenon. I also see it in our politics where some men serve greed and power. I see it in radical Muslims blowing themselves up and taking as many people with them as they can. I see it in a man kidnapping raping and killing a little child or selling them for exploitation. I see what is termed the kingdom of darkness.

Moreover, as I have believed in this Kingdom of God, so also have I experienced the Holy Spirit of Truth and heard His voice inside me. I can see that I once was in darkness and my eyes have been opened by the Truth of it. I see the hypocrisy upon which I once reasoned. Finally I have seen the source of all darkness and it is vanity. And without faith in God as an entity bigger than our individual selves even our wisdom is nothing but vanity.
24-04-2013, 02:50 PM
wrong button
24-04-2013, 03:04 PM
(23-04-2013 04:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  The Spirit that does it is was before it.

Quote:The spirit that does it is was doesn't teech yuo how 2 spel 2 gud.

Or say a single coherent sentence Dodgy
I see your point.

Quote:Fuckin' great job your doing for Christianity by the way Thumbsup, everyone who trys to read this thread will come away with a clear impression of the inherent nuttiness of religion.

I trust the illiterate will forgive me.