the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: the God term
(24-04-2013 10:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How can we NOT dispute this? You came to an atheist forum to discuss god and your beliefs. We would NOT be atheists if we agreed. What do you expect us to say? No one is going to read this thread...it passed readable at 10 pages. No christian is going to come here and read through 125 pages -- they might read the first few pages and skip to the end if your lucky. There are plenty more threads they could look at.

Your point was made long ago and refuted long ago. You can keep changing the words and how you say it...but it doesn't change your intent.

Do we have to go backward and point out when you said the same crap before?

shoo fly
I would like to point out that I also said or rather the way you go about disputing it.

I don't care about what someone else reads here. This thread has been for my personal gain, and I am very grateful for everyone's forthright participation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 03:16 PM
I dont really need to go all the way back to the very first post thats easy enough to read.... So fast forward to Page 9 of this thread....

(15-04-2013 02:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well herein lies the problem. If God is empathy as I claim, empathy could not come before monotheism nor visa versa.

Then we move onto 20 pages about your dog being theistic. Because it believes in empathy..shit about chimps too...

(15-04-2013 04:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  And all I said was God is Love.

On page 21 you wrote:

(15-04-2013 07:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  What you call wordplay I call talking. The term God as the Spirit of Love is accepted throughout the world and in many differing cultures. I have proposed that definition at the outset of this thread, this is true. So where's the so called wordplay? Is it not in your unacceptance of such a definition? Or are you saying you realize that Love is universally recognized as God, the moral imperative, but don't agree?

This was all from the beginning of this thread....seriously....it's all been said and refuted...

Need further proof? I have a little free time. I can keep going...we still haven't gotten to the true Christian crap...

Seriously 125 pages of NOTHING. Same shit repeated by Childeye again and again and again and again.......

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

24-04-2013, 03:19 PM
(24-04-2013 03:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 10:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How can we NOT dispute this? You came to an atheist forum to discuss god and your beliefs. We would NOT be atheists if we agreed. What do you expect us to say? No one is going to read this thread...it passed readable at 10 pages. No christian is going to come here and read through 125 pages -- they might read the first few pages and skip to the end if your lucky. There are plenty more threads they could look at.

Your point was made long ago and refuted long ago. You can keep changing the words and how you say it...but it doesn't change your intent.

Do we have to go backward and point out when you said the same crap before?

shoo fly
I would like to point out that I also said or rather the way you go about disputing it.

I don't care about what someone else reads here. This thread has been for my personal gain, and I am very grateful for everyone's forthright participation.

It doesn't negate the fact that you simply continue reiterating the same points you made long ago.

24-04-2013, 03:26 PM
(24-04-2013 03:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I dont really need to go all the way back to the very first post thats easy enough to read.... So fast forward to Page 9 of this thread....

(15-04-2013 02:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well herein lies the problem. If God is empathy as I claim, empathy could not come before monotheism nor visa versa.

Then we move onto 20 pages about your dog being theistic. Because it believes in empathy..shit about chimps too...

(15-04-2013 04:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  And all I said was God is Love.

On page 21 you wrote:

(15-04-2013 07:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  What you call wordplay I call talking. The term God as the Spirit of Love is accepted throughout the world and in many differing cultures. I have proposed that definition at the outset of this thread, this is true. So where's the so called wordplay? Is it not in your unacceptance of such a definition? Or are you saying you realize that Love is universally recognized as God, the moral imperative, but don't agree?

This was all from the beginning of this thread....seriously....it's all been said and refuted...

Need further proof? I have a little free time. I can keep going...we still haven't gotten to the true Christian crap...

Seriously 125 pages of NOTHING. Same shit repeated by Childeye again and again and again and again.......
I submit it would be futile to address everything I said and rehash the validity of it. Suffice it to say everything I have said can be viewed as invalid in that it has been misunderstood or misconstrued.
24-04-2013, 03:29 PM
(24-04-2013 01:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  Have you taken into account the contrary? That I am not requesting of you to not think., that I am requesting that you think?

Quote:It is a term that describes an ability that is above the human; preternatural or supernatural. Within mythology, angels are considered supernatural beings.
I think you've made my point more than you know. In Christianity no angel of good repute would count himself above man. After all man is made in the Image of God wherein Jesus says be as perfect as your Father in heaven. Meanwhile all Demonic beings desire to br worshipped.

(23-04-2013 04:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes I know this. But my point is you should not dispute it. Or rather the way you go about disputing it is more the problem.
Quote:You have no right to dictate how others should react to your posts. Again, you're forcing your beliefs upon a majority of people who do not share your belief system and when you can't cope with the responses you get to what you freely post on this site, you decide to force your will upon others. It doesn't work that way.
Of course you are correct in saying I should not dictate how you or anyone should respond to my posts. For this reason I said it is the way you go about disputing it is the problem. You construct a straw man to argue with and then say it is I or my beliefs that you are disputing.

Quote:You can state that there is a problem, but if you can't even show where the problem is then you're not contributing to the conversation.
But I have stated the problem. You conflate God with religion. Hence someone who worships God as Love is the same as someone who worships god as insanity.

Quote:If you plan to dictate be prepared for opposition
One need not dictate anything to get opposition. One can simply say what they believe.

Quote:So you didn't say what the proper term is. I wrote that to see what you thought was the proper term to the previous comment you had made that atheists worship science. If you don't believe we worship science as you had previously stated -

- then what exactly did you mean by your statement, as in what is the proper term? And be aware your response has a high chance of blowing your own argument out of the water. It already is very diluted by your own response of "My bad".
I meant that you have reverence for something as all men do. That is why I said whatever moves you. But I accepted the fact that the term worship was not exactly compatible depending upon one's preferred definition of the term.

First off, learn to communicate your questions better. Your first set of questions didn't make sense.

I haven't made your point, you've only misinterpreted what I said from a question you asked and decided to make it look like I got your back in what you're saying, which I don't.

You've said what you believed and said that I should not dispute it, which is really stupid because you're posting on an atheist site and somehow have not clued in that this is a site that is full of freethinkers! The name of the website is just that: The Thinking Atheist. You can post your dogma here, but if you think saying "you shouldn't dispute me" is gonna get a pass, the answer is: no.

Can you quote where exactly I constructed a straw man?

Worship has to do with a deity. You find science to be a deity? Really?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
24-04-2013, 03:29 PM
(24-04-2013 03:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 03:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  I would like to point out that I also said or rather the way you go about disputing it.

It doesn't negate the fact that you simply continue reiterating the same points you made long ago.
Nor does it negate the fact that only cardinal smurf could think outside the atheist box and address the real issue.
24-04-2013, 03:32 PM
(24-04-2013 03:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 03:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I dont really need to go all the way back to the very first post thats easy enough to read.... So fast forward to Page 9 of this thread....

On page 21 you wrote:

I submit it would be futile to address everything I said and rehash the validity of it. Suffice it to say everything I have said can be viewed as invalid in that it has been misunderstood or misconstrued.

It doesn't change the fact that you've already said it, you've already corrected and even your corrections have been refuted numerous times.

There is no validity to what you say, save for the sanction you give it. We have already stated we don't agree.

Shoo fly

24-04-2013, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 04:40 PM by childeye.)
24-04-2013, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 05:02 PM by childeye.)
24-04-2013, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 05:14 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Fine...you keep on being dishonest. I really don't give a shit anymore what you think about the god you've created in your image. 126 pages and you've converted everyone to your beliefs. Congrats

Good day sir and shoo fly

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post