the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: the God term
(24-04-2013 05:58 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 05:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I kinda know what you mean.

If you stay, you stay. If you don't, hey - the world isn't worse for wear.

Plus you need to bank some of those shoo fly's. Big Grin

True, true! Thanks. Smile

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2013, 06:39 PM
(24-04-2013 05:49 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 03:29 PM)childeye Wrote:  Nor does it negate the fact that only cardinal smurf could think outside the atheist box and address the real issue.

What did I say that you perceived as being "outside the atheist box?"
Have you seen post 1248?
24-04-2013, 06:41 PM
(24-04-2013 05:48 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 05:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  First off the God I believe in is a He not an it. I believe His energy created everything. I believe the universe exists in time and is already finished from the view of the Maker. Like a book it is already written from beginning to end. But who can be certain about such things?

You sure seem certain of arbitrary beliefs
Call it my best guess.
24-04-2013, 06:49 PM
(24-04-2013 06:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 05:48 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You sure seem certain of arbitrary beliefs
Call it my best guess.

Huh, I could have sworn you called it the absolute truth.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-04-2013, 06:56 PM
(24-04-2013 05:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 05:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  Oh come on Mom, why can't we be friends? I have converted no one. Nor am I a dishonest person.

At one time...really perhaps. I did think you were nice. There's this smugness to you.

Okay, I can accept that. Perhaps you can clue me in when I am appearing smug. Perhaps I could improve the way I express myself. Iwould appreciate that and I appreciate your forthright response. You are not the first to call me smug. Please understand, I don't mean to do it. I don't want to be smug nor come across that way.
24-04-2013, 06:58 PM
(24-04-2013 06:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 06:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  Call it my best guess.

That's what's so disingenuous...the goal post keeps getting movied at his will. He'll twist around words so that they mean what he believes.

He doesn't care a wit about truth, he just needs to feel he's won.

That's why I'm ignoring him from now on. It's not worth the effort because he'll just cherry pick what he wants to see.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

24-04-2013, 06:58 PM
(24-04-2013 06:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 06:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  Call it my best guess.

I called the term God = absolute Truth, a moral imperative, Love. I am guessing about whether the creation is like a book.
24-04-2013, 07:32 PM
the God term
(24-04-2013 06:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 05:49 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  What did I say that you perceived as being "outside the atheist box?"
Have you seen post 1248?

I have. But it's still not clear to me what specifically I said that you felt was outside any limitations. Perhaps this is because I see none.

So, perhaps you should explain what you're referring to as "the atheist box".
24-04-2013, 07:36 PM
(24-04-2013 06:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 06:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Huh, I could have sworn you called it the absolute truth.

That's what's so disingenuous...the goal post keeps getting movied at his will. He'll twist around words so that they mean what he believes.

That's why I'm ignoring him from now on. It's not worth the effort because he'll just cherry pick what he wants to see.

I hear you. I tried to ignore him, but dammit, something just keeps dragging me back. I think I have to hear him admit that it could just be in his head. Just once, then I could let it go.

Weeping

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-04-2013, 08:02 PM
(24-04-2013 06:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 06:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Huh, I could have sworn you called it the absolute truth.

Not true. You keep misunderstanding. I assure you, I have been consistent throughout. Notice above he says, "I could have sworn you called it the absolute Truth". Called what the absolute Truth? The term God? Love? The term god? The Person God?

The exchanges are confusing. The thing I called the "absolute Truth" has been sometimes in referance to what the "term" god means, other times to the "Person", other times to "Love". But the term God and god are not the same. That absolute being described as Love, the moral absolute is a Person God. Hence God is Love, Love rules, God is the Spirit of Love whiich defines Morality, Love is the Spirit that makes one moral, God is the goodness in mankind, all morality is relative to Love, all immorality is relative to Love, all immorality is lack of Love, all immorality is because of the absence of God, the image of god made by man is corrupt, the Image of God sent by God is True, all false images of god are corrupt, all religions are false images of god made by men, it is an absolute that God did not create false images, the Spirit of Christ it is a Spirit, He is a Spirit, the Truth is Spirit, spirits of darkness exist upon lies about the character of god, the Character of God is the True Image of God, the true Image of God is the True Character of God. The false images of god are not his character. the knowledge of the Truth is the knowing of the Person of God, knowing the Person of God will define your moral character......

I could go on and on but I have everywhere above consistently said the same thing. Now imagine when someone asks me "Can the god you believe in manipulate the univers at will?" These are the facts according to what I believe: His will is Love, it's in mankind, He's in mankind, He's more in some men than others, He's manipulating from the inside, He's manipulating by not manipulating, it's not His will to not Love, it's His will to not move some men sometimes, Love moves men, absence of Love moves men, absence of Love does not move men to Love, the presence of Love doesn't move men to be bad. Vain love is not Love,Love does not move men to be vain.

Again I could go on and on with contemplating how to answer one simple question and not make a mistake. And these above are all just some of the moral applications. I haven't even begun to address the physical applications of the question. Now please have empathy and give me a break. Imagine how easy it is to be misconstrued, particularly with a bunch of atheists searching every nook and cranny to find where you screw up.