the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: the God term
(15-04-2013 03:02 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So you listen to YOUR conscience, and that somehow is god? But god isn't a supernatural being but it is an emotion called love?....which somehow also created the universe.....

I feel guilty, and unoriginal. But I still got style. Cool

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
15-04-2013, 03:24 PM
(15-04-2013 03:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Saying that your dog is a Christian pretty obliterated any shred of seriousness that is taken of you.

Hmmm, is he peddling a fundamental monistic consciousness? Just askin'. Drinking Beverage

Does anyone else get the

[Image: edward2013_200x269bw.JPG]

vibe, or is it just me?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 03:24 PM
(15-04-2013 03:04 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:02 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So you listen to YOUR conscience, and that somehow is god? But god isn't a supernatural being but it is an emotion called love?....which somehow also created the universe.....
...seems legit. Dodgy
Respectfully, I don't know what you mean by supernatural. It seems to me that empathy is a very natural occurance. At any rate scripture as well as most all religions identify God as Love. As far as creating the universe, I could not say for certain that Love is the same energy that became matter. But I would feel safe to say that Love is what matters to me when it comes to a purposeful existence.
15-04-2013, 03:32 PM
(15-04-2013 03:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully, I don't know what you mean by supernatural. It seems to me that empathy is a very natural occurance. At any rate scripture as well as most all religions identify God as Love. As far as creating the universe, I could not say for certain that Love is the same energy that became matter. But I would feel safe to say that Love is what matters to me when it comes to a purposeful existence.

So you are confusing your own conscience and emotions with that somehow being a god and not just being human.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
15-04-2013, 03:34 PM
(15-04-2013 03:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  As far as creating the universe, I could not say for certain that Love is the same energy that became matter. But I would feel safe to say that Love is what matters to me when it comes to a purposeful existence.

Laughat Too cute!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
15-04-2013, 03:37 PM
(15-04-2013 03:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 02:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  I Respectfully disagree. I do not personify a vague notion. I personify a proven spiritual existence called empathy. I could call it a thing and oftentimes do. My point is, my relationship with "Empathy" is personable. For example, I'm driving down the highway and someone cuts me off, and I get angry at the driver. This voice comes in my head and says something like,"hey, haven't you done that to someone before?" I answer."yes, but I had to get over to exit". Then He answers and says, "So why don't you give this guy the same benefit of the doubt about his intentions." Then I feel different and say, "you're right, thank you for the correction". Then I bless that man on his way and am glad that "Empathy\God" kept me from being an asshole.

No, empathy is a trait that came about through evolution and is displayed by other species besides humans.

There is no evidence that empathy is a 'spiritual existence', whatever that means.
I agree empathy is displayed by other animals. Funny, I said the same thing and others have turned that into my dog accepted Jesus. Spiritual means we feel an emotion, such as empathy. Existence means to exist. So despite your claim that there is no evidence that empathy is a spiritual existence the fact remains it is an emotion that exists. So you believe Empathy came about by evolution. That is definitely not provable. Especially since many scientific studies have proven otherwise.
15-04-2013, 03:39 PM
(15-04-2013 03:34 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  As far as creating the universe, I could not say for certain that Love is the same energy that became matter. But I would feel safe to say that Love is what matters to me when it comes to a purposeful existence.

Laughat Too cute!
I agree, it does sound too cute. I guess it won't help to say I didn't mean for it to come out that way.
15-04-2013, 03:40 PM
(15-04-2013 03:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hmmm, is he peddling a fundamental monistic consciousness? Just askin'. Drinking Beverage

Does anyone else get the

[Image: edward2013_200x269bw.JPG]

vibe, or is it just me?

By 'me' you mean 'us', right?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2013, 03:41 PM
(15-04-2013 03:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, empathy is a trait that came about through evolution and is displayed by other species besides humans.

There is no evidence that empathy is a 'spiritual existence', whatever that means.
I agree empathy is displayed by other animals. Funny, I said the same thing and others have turned that into my dog accepted Jesus. Spiritual means we feel an emotion, such as empathy. Existence means to exist. So despite your claim that there is no evidence that empathy is a spiritual existence the fact remains it is an emotion that exists. So you believe Empathy came about by evolution. That is definitely not provable. Especially since many scientific studies have proven otherwise.

No emotion is not Spiritual. You are adding unnecessary levels to what is happening. Occam's razor.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-04-2013, 03:42 PM
(15-04-2013 03:32 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully, I don't know what you mean by supernatural. It seems to me that empathy is a very natural occurance. At any rate scripture as well as most all religions identify God as Love. As far as creating the universe, I could not say for certain that Love is the same energy that became matter. But I would feel safe to say that Love is what matters to me when it comes to a purposeful existence.

So you are confusing your own conscience and emotions with that somehow being a god and not just being human.
I sincerely don't think so. Men crucified the Christ thinking they were serving God.