the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 04:04 PM by houseofcantor.)
RE: the God term
(25-04-2013 01:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  I believe we are talking about which came first, Light or darkness. Truth or lies, Holiness or corruption. Life or death. Thank you for your excellent post.

What came first? Nothing. Space is required for a thing to take up space, for a thing to move, to change. Love is the emotional dynamic of least entropy; what we feel as love is a call to the Void.

But to call Void a person, give it identity; that just ain't working for me.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-04-2013, 02:44 PM
The Void's name is Mike.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
25-04-2013, 02:53 PM
(25-04-2013 02:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  The Void's name is Mike.

Yeah. Ya put some serious effort into having a SERIOUS PHILOSOPHICAL MOTHERFUCKING CONVERSATION and WTF happens?

Fucking snark. Angry

Dodgy

Yeah, I managed to type alla that shit before the giggles got me. Besides, ain't worshipping no dudes. Thought I made that clear. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-04-2013, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 02:59 PM by childeye.)
(25-04-2013 02:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 01:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  I believe we are talking about which came first, Light or darkness. Truth or lies, Holiness or corruption. Life or death. Thank you for your excellent post.

What came first? Nothing. Space is required for a thing to take up space, for a thing to move, to change. Love is the emotional dynamic of least entropy; what we feel is love is a call to the Void.

Yes calling a void a person doesn't work for me either. But let us suppose that nothing in the science of physics can account for an 0 counting as anything but an 0. Also that energy cannot come out of nothing, Hence 1+1 has always equaled two and this knowledge is discovered or realized but not invented. Therefore lies exist to thwart Truth meaning Truth came first and then lies. Consequently I believe God is not nothing but He is everything. Sure we may be filling a void of ignorance within ourselves. But there must be something to fill it with. I look forward to your reply.
25-04-2013, 02:58 PM
(25-04-2013 02:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 02:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What came first? Nothing. Space is required for a thing to take up space, for a thing to move, to change. Love is the emotional dynamic of least entropy; what we feel is love is a call to the Void.

Yes calling a void a person doesn't work for me either. But let us suppose that nothing in the science of physics can account for an 0 counting as anything but an 0. Also that energy cannot come out of nothing, Hence 1+1 has always equaled two and this knowledge is discovered or realized but not invented. Therefore lies exist to thwart Truth meaning Truth came first and then lies. Consequently God is not nothing but He is everything.

You love contradictions don't you?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
25-04-2013, 03:02 PM
(25-04-2013 02:58 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 02:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes calling a void a person doesn't work for me either. But let us suppose that nothing in the science of physics can account for an 0 counting as anything but an 0. Also that energy cannot come out of nothing, Hence 1+1 has always equaled two and this knowledge is discovered or realized but not invented. Therefore lies exist to thwart Truth meaning Truth came first and then lies. Consequently God is not nothing but He is everything.

You love contradictions don't you?
I would glady consider what you percieve as a contradiction in what I have said.
25-04-2013, 03:26 PM
(25-04-2013 03:02 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 02:58 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  You love contradictions don't you?
I would glady consider what you percieve as a contradiction in what I have said.

Nothing being everything is not a contradiction to you?

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
25-04-2013, 03:32 PM
(25-04-2013 03:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 03:02 PM)childeye Wrote:  I would glady consider what you percieve as a contradiction in what I have said.

Nothing being everything is not a contradiction to you?
Where did I say nothing is everything?
25-04-2013, 03:41 PM
(25-04-2013 03:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 03:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Nothing being everything is not a contradiction to you?
Where did I say nothing is everything?

You are right. Didn't mean to misread that. However if god is everything why not just say the cosmos and admit you are an atheist?

-Baron d'Holbach-
25-04-2013, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 03:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-04-2013 02:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  Sure we may be filling a void of ignorance within ourselves. But there must be something to fill it with. I look forward to your reply.

Really?!? That's rhetorical, right? Are you seriously asking Cantor what he uses to fill the void? ... Really?!?

(25-04-2013 02:53 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 02:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  The Void's name is Mike.

Yeah. Ya put some serious effort into having a SERIOUS PHILOSOPHICAL MOTHERFUCKING CONVERSATION and WTF happens?
Fucking snark. Angry
Dodgy
Yeah, I managed to type alla that shit before the giggles got me. Besides, ain't worshipping no dudes. Thought I made that clear. Big Grin

It's short for Michelle.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post