the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2013, 04:35 PM
the God term
(26-04-2013 10:15 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you choke a smurf, what color does it's face turn ?

Red....no, blue!.....AAAAAAAARRRRGH!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
26-04-2013, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 06:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: the God term
(26-04-2013 09:50 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 10:25 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I was bored. Drinking Beverage
I know the feeling. I'm just hoping Cardinal smurf responds to my post as he seems the only one left for me to discuss atheism with.

The pope had need of his "services". He's in Rome, getting drunk on the Via Veneto, with the other princes of the church. Not to worry. The Eminence will be back in his red dress, soon, no doubt. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-04-2013, 05:24 PM
the God term
(26-04-2013 05:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 09:50 AM)childeye Wrote:  I know the feeling. I'm just hoping Cardinal smurf responds to my post as he seems the only one left for me to discuss atheism with.

The pope had need of his "services". He's in Rome, getting drunk on the Via Veneto, with the other princes of the church. Not to worry. The Eminence will be back in his red dress, soon. no doubt. :weeping:

Dude! Shhhhh!
26-04-2013, 06:00 PM
(26-04-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes I would, thank you. Your analogy reminds me of a young neighborhood boy I once knew. One time he was over at my house and I was explaining to him that there was an absolute Truth. He said he believed every person had their own truth. I brought out a blue crayon and asked him if this was blue? He said, it may be red or green to someone else so he couldn't say. I said, but does that change the reality that it is blue? He answered, each person makes their own reality. I never could get him to say the crayon was blue. That boy ended up in a mental institute.
And this is a story you're proud of? One that deserves to be told?

Jesus Christ! And Xtians have the gall to claim they're compassionate and all about "love thy neighbour" (literally, in this case).

Disgusting. If I ever start to feel that my brain is starting to spoil again and religion is grasping with its gnarly, putrid fingers at me, I swear to your non-existent god, I'm gonna kill myself before I let this happen.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
26-04-2013, 06:16 PM
(26-04-2013 04:34 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 09:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  Cardinal Smurf's in league with the enemy. I vote we smurf over to his place and smurf some sense into him Angry

Smurf y'all! Smurf all y'all!

Didn't know that smurfs liked cheezu Smile
26-04-2013, 06:18 PM
(26-04-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 10:15 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you choke a smurf, what color does it's face turn ?

Child, you say you want to discuss atheism.
Can we talk about not golfing or not painting instead. They are so much more interesting topics. Ok, to be honest, equally interesting.

If atheism were movie related, we could talk about a movie that was never made but millions believe they have seen it.
When asked about the movie, everyone tells a different story. Some stories are similar, but each person believes they have seen the "real" movie and everyone else is simply confused about some of the details.

Some people will go as far as to fight and kill over the details of this movie.
Can you imagine a war fought over who was in the original cast of the movie or how long it took to make the movie.
People fighting and killing over the NEED to be right about a small bit of fiction.

I've never seen the movie and frankly I don't think it exists.
Would you like to talk about that ?
Yes I would, thank you. Your analogy reminds me of a young neighborhood boy I once knew. One time he was over at my house and I was explaining to him that there was an absolute Truth. He said he believed every person had their own truth. I brought out a blue crayon and asked him if this was blue? He said, it may be red or green to someone else so he couldn't say. I said, but does that change the reality that it is blue? He answered, each person makes their own reality. I never could get him to say the crayon was blue. That boy ended up in a mental institute.

There is no spoon... I mean blue.
26-04-2013, 06:21 PM
(25-04-2013 09:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 03:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  You are right. Didn't mean to misread that. However if god is everything why not just say the cosmos and admit you are an atheist?
My honest answer is that the cause of the universe is way bigger than the universe.

So is this correct?

God is love, the first cause of the universe, exists everywhere and is also the christian god?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
26-04-2013, 06:26 PM
(26-04-2013 06:21 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 09:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  My honest answer is that the cause of the universe is way bigger than the universe.

So is this correct?

God is love, the first cause of the universe, exists everywhere and is also the christian god?

The problem with the Christian argument that god is good is that it is an equally justifiable proposition that evil god created this universe to maximize evil and suffering. Positing evil god, we can use the same logic the Christians use for a good god to justify the universe as a creation for evil.
26-04-2013, 06:33 PM
(26-04-2013 06:00 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes I would, thank you. Your analogy reminds me of a young neighborhood boy I once knew. One time he was over at my house and I was explaining to him that there was an absolute Truth. He said he believed every person had their own truth. I brought out a blue crayon and asked him if this was blue? He said, it may be red or green to someone else so he couldn't say. I said, but does that change the reality that it is blue? He answered, each person makes their own reality. I never could get him to say the crayon was blue. That boy ended up in a mental institute.
And this is a story you're proud of? One that deserves to be told?

Jesus Christ! And Xtians have the gall to claim they're compassionate and all about "love thy neighbour" (literally, in this case).

Disgusting. If I ever start to feel that my brain is starting to spoil again and religion is grasping with its gnarly, putrid fingers at me, I swear to your non-existent god, I'm gonna kill myself before I let this happen.

The fact is, the crayon was not blue. The crayon was the crayon. The molecules of the crayon absorbed light of certain wave lengths, and reflected light in the blue spectrum range. If someone's eye, (receptor cells in the back of the retina) can pick up light in that range, (which all cannot), THEN to them, and only them, is the crayon "seen as blue". The crayon is not actually "blue". If someone was color-blind, it would just be a neutral crayon. The sky looks blue, (sometimes). The sky is not really blue. It's black. Childish needs some science. How many times have we said that ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-04-2013, 06:42 PM
If god is the universe and you think god created the universe, then you're really saying that the universe created itself.

So, really in your world view, your god is brain dead. Maybe we have more in common than I thought.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results