the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: the God term
How did you get divinely inspired to throw away the entire old testament ?

Especially when J. Christ esquire explicitly told you not to.

True Christian, you fail to be logical. OTOH no one ever said logic was a requirement.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2013, 11:30 AM
(29-04-2013 10:59 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 10:28 AM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully, Your overlooking this major point. Empathy is not my skydaddy, It\He is everyone's who is enabled to be moved by It\Him.

Quote:And you know this how exactly? Oh wait, I get it - you just know it. Well, I hate to break it to you, but that still doesn't make it true. Or even remotely coherent.
Perhaps you misunderstand or perhaps I am unclear. I am simply saying that everyone who is ruled by Love is moved by Love.
Quote:I am not schooled as to the teachings of Mohammed. The differences I discern between Christianity and Islam, is that the True Christianity claims that all men will know God for themselves as the Love within us. Islam seems to feel the need to force people to be good by threat of punishment.

Quote:As opposed to Xtianity? The irony and blindness of this statement have truly left me speechless. Unbelievable what levels of delusion people are capable of. No
I'm sorry, I do not know what you mean by xtianity.

Quote:Look, all I know is we all need Love so as to function in society. In my experiences with talking to Him in my conscience, He is a Person and the best part of me.
Then I am truly and sincerely sorry for you. I'm not trying to be offensive or condescending, but this sounds like a truly horrible place to be and an unbelievably sad way to feel.
I suppose that seeing the need for Love, as in it's absence, is sad. But Love is actually beautiful. As pertains to the conscience, let me give you an example of what I mean. I was driving down the highway and this guy cuts right in front of me. My first response was anger that he had done this. Then a voice in my head says something like, "Haven't you done the same thing before?" I answer, "yes but I had to or I would miss my turnoff and no one was letting me in". Then the voice says, "then why don't you give this fellow human being the same benefit of the doubt?" All of a sudden I feel silly. Instead of angry, I now see myself as the asshole here. Without empathy\God I am a selfish hypocrite.
29-04-2013, 11:37 AM
(29-04-2013 11:30 AM)childeye Wrote:  I suppose that seeing the need for Love, as in it's absence, is sad. But Love is actually beautiful. As pertains to the conscience, let me give you an example of what I mean. I was driving down the highway and this guy cuts right in front of me. My first response was anger that he had done this. Then a voice in my head says something like, "Haven't you done the same thing before?" I answer, "yes but I had to or I would miss my turnoff and no one was letting me in". Then the voice says, "then why don't you give this fellow human being the same benefit of the doubt?" All of a sudden I feel silly. Instead of angry, I now see myself as the asshole here. Without empathy\God I am a selfish hypocrite.
Not at all respectfully - what a pile of manure.

Love and god have nothing to do with each other. The fact that you've decided to call a man-made concept by the word usually used to describe an emotion (or, to be precise, a myriad of emotions, because there are all sorts of love), doesn't mean squat to anyone other than yourself.

If you want to believe that there is something, however you want to call it, that is the best part of you (but is, at the same time, not really you), and that all you are is an asshole and a selfish hypocrite, allow me to reiterate - this is one sad place you're at. What I fail to see is why you want to drag others into such a self-hating existence?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
29-04-2013, 11:41 AM
(29-04-2013 11:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  How did you get divinely inspired to throw away the entire old testament ?

Especially when.
Again, you erect a straw man. I never claimed to be divinely inspired to throw away the Old Testament as pertains to the scriptures. However The Old Testament also means the Old Covenant and refers to a blessing and a curse. Please show what you mean by , J. Christ esquire explicitly told you not to.

Quote:True Christian, you fail to be logical.
I think there is some miscommunication.
29-04-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 12:04 PM by houseofcantor.)
(29-04-2013 11:41 AM)childeye Wrote:  I never claimed to be divinely inspired to throw away the Old Testament as pertains to the scriptures.

I can do that for ya. Hold up your hand, and repeat after me - I love my Gwynnies!

Now toss alla that other stuff and do some research. Just like Moses and Aaron. I get to be Moses 'cause I got the divine authority. Wink

A concept of god without people? Is quiet. Still. It is tao.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2013, 12:00 PM
29-04-2013, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 12:13 PM by childeye.)
(29-04-2013 11:58 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 11:41 AM)childeye Wrote:  I never claimed to be divinely inspired to throw away the Old Testament as pertains to the scriptures.

I can do that for ya. Hold up your hand, and repeat after me - I love my Gwynnies!

Now toss alla that other stuff and do some research. Just like Moses and Aaron. I get to be Moses 'cause I got the divine authority. Wink

A concept of god without people? Is quiet. Still. It is tao.
With all honesty, I don't think I see the point of your link. I do agree however that God must reveal Himself to each individual. Your terminology for god is unknowable in my view.
29-04-2013, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 12:22 PM by Vera.)
(29-04-2013 12:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  Actually, the fact that I see myself as a deceived individual without God is why I forgive others.

See, that's the difference between you and me (I can't really speak for all atheists, so I won't). I don't need a reason to forgive others (provided it is even my place to forgive them to begin with, which, more often than not, it isn't), other than the fact that we are all human beings and we all make mistakes. I don't forgive because of my inherent lack of worth or because of a non-existent entity, but because I genuinely care about my fellow human beings and want to forgive them whenever possible. See? No self-hate and/or god needed. None.

The rest of what you're saying is meaningless words strung together and attempts at playing semantic games. As someone who actually studied semantics and semiotics at university, let me tell you, that you're not very good at them.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-04-2013, 12:44 PM
(29-04-2013 12:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 12:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  Actually, the fact that I see myself as a deceived individual without God is why I forgive others.

See, that's the difference between you and me (I can't really speak for all atheists, so I won't). I don't need a reason to forgive others (provided it is even my place to forgive them to begin with, which, more often than not, it isn't), other than the fact that we are all human beings and we all make mistakes. I don't forgive because of my inherent lack of worth or because of a non-existent entity, but because I genuinely care about my fellow human beings and want to forgive them whenever possible. See? No self-hate and/or god needed. None.

The rest of what you're saying is meaningless words strung together and attempts at playing semantic games. As someone who actually studied semantics and semiotics at university, let me tell you, that you're not very good at them.
That's fine Vera. I knew you cared about other human beings as do I. This self hate thing is also just semantics. That was your description and not mine. I was simply pointing out that I am selfish when I am without any altruistic Love. Your statement of we are all human beings and we all make mistakes is in fact the very reason I forgive others and why we need forgiveness, which is why I pointed to how empathy revealed my hypocrisy. We are not unalike.
29-04-2013, 12:46 PM
(29-04-2013 12:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  Your terminology for god is unknowable in my view.

Welcome, atheist. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user