the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: the God term
(29-04-2013 04:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:13 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I was a christian. That's how I know these things, and how I came to reject this god.
Respectfully your words reflect a misunderstanding of scripture. Let me ask you one question. If I sacrificed my life so you could live would you Love me?

I would not automatically "love you"

However I would be intrigued and would want to know who you were in life, and want to express my gratitude at your grave.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2013, 04:23 PM
double post... oops

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
29-04-2013, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 04:33 PM by childeye.)
(29-04-2013 04:21 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully your words reflect a misunderstanding of scripture. Let me ask you one question. If I sacrificed my life so you could live would you Love me?

I would not automatically "love you"

However I would be intrigued and would want to know who you were in life, and want to express my gratitude at your grave.
Then you should know that the Christ paid the price for all of humanity by sacrificng his life that we may live. Your answer above shows you do not understand scripture. Why else would you be grateful and yet reject God?
29-04-2013, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 04:38 PM by fstratzero.)
(29-04-2013 04:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:21 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I would not automatically "love you"

Then you should know that the Christ paid the price for all of humanity by sacrificng his life that we may live.

No I wouldn't, because god conducted him self like an tyrant. He makes himself into a son of himself, and then kills himself to then comeback to life and teleport to heaven. Which also didn't pay any price due to the fact that people still go to hell. If Jesus really "payed the price" then there could be no such thing as sin.

The easier solution would've been to forgive all human beings, rather than engage them in a completely irrational manner.

In other words if you did something I didn't like and took my own son, tortured him on a cross and then told you I did this for you. You'd think I was insane and clearly in need of serious mental help, a trial before my peers, and would be a murderer.

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-04-2013, 04:40 PM
(29-04-2013 04:31 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  Then you should know that the Christ paid the price for all of humanity by sacrificng his life that we may live.

No I wouldn't, because god conducted him self like an tyrant. He makes himself into a son of himself, and then kills himself to then comeback to life and teleport to heaven. Which also didn't pay any price due to the fact that people still go to hell. If Jesus really "payed the price" then there could be no such thing as sin.

The easier solution would've been to forgive all human beings, rather than engage them in a completely irrational manner.
When was Jesus a tyrant? You are mistaken. The god you hate was a false image of god presented to mankind by Satan.
29-04-2013, 04:42 PM
(29-04-2013 04:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:31 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  No I wouldn't, because god conducted him self like an tyrant. He makes himself into a son of himself, and then kills himself to then comeback to life and teleport to heaven. Which also didn't pay any price due to the fact that people still go to hell. If Jesus really "payed the price" then there could be no such thing as sin.

When was Jesus a tyrant? You are mistaken. The god you hate was a false image of god presented to mankind by Satan.

If Jesus is god and god did the things he said he did, and will do then yes he is.

-Baron d'Holbach-
29-04-2013, 04:45 PM
(29-04-2013 04:42 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  When was Jesus a tyrant? You are mistaken. The god you hate was a false image of god presented to mankind by Satan.

If Jesus is god and god did the things he said he did, and will do then yes he is.
Fstrazero, with all due respect, Satan killed Jesus.
29-04-2013, 04:49 PM
(29-04-2013 04:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:42 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If Jesus is god and god did the things he said he did, and will do then yes he is.

That's not what the bible said. The bible says quite clearly he had a trial and was sentenced to death by the roman state.

-Baron d'Holbach-
29-04-2013, 04:52 PM
(29-04-2013 04:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:42 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If Jesus is god and god did the things he said he did, and will do then yes he is.

Interesting cause you have repeatedly blamed the jews for the act. So now it's the boogie man. Satan makes even less sense than the whole I'm going to impregnate a palestinian girl with myself then sacrifice myself to myself to save humanity from my wraith.

If anything the concept of Satan just proves Gods incompetence. The supposedly perfect god of love created an imperfect being of jealousy thus meaning that god is imperfect. And so on and so forth into infinite regression.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-04-2013, 04:58 PM
(29-04-2013 04:49 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 04:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  Fstrazero, with all due respect, Satan killed Jesus.

That's not what the bible said. The bible says quite clearly he had a trial and was sentenced to death by the roman state.
Yes but scripture also says this: 2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Now the destruction of the devil:

Hebrews 2:
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
1 John 3: 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Note here we see that the devil has the power of death which I take to mean the keys to hell and death which Jesus took from satan after he had been in hell for three days and three nights. Revelations 1:18 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Collossians 2:

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
The law being nailed to the cross and spoiling principalities and powers.

Galatians 3: 19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Mark 12:
12 And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.

2 And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.

3 And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty.

4 And again he sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled.

5 And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.

6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

7 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'

8 And they took him, and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.

Revelation 12:
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. Luke 22:
2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.

3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

Revelation 12:
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.