the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: the God term
(29-04-2013 06:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Nice to see Ce found new people to play ring-around-the-rosie with.

Yeah and then there is me still banging a drum here. He did take a new approach for a while and that was interesting.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2013, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 06:40 PM by fstratzero.)
(29-04-2013 06:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 05:45 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Considering how important first hand accounts are to christians. How can you take the word of anything written by Paul over the accounts written by first hand witnesses.

At any rate you can pretend the devil does what ever you want to. How does this relate to your loving god notion?
Just read the posts I recommended. They hold my views on the subject.

Not really it looks like you are trying to blame satan for evil, and embellish god with good.

Which can not work because god created satan and allows satan to do what he wants. The battle of heaven and hell is an illusion.

Unless you want to try and argue that satan isn't merely a divine scapegoat.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-04-2013, 08:22 PM
(29-04-2013 06:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 06:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Nice to see Ce found new people to play ring-around-the-rosie with.

Yeah and then there is me still banging a drum here. He did take a new approach for a while and that was interesting.

New and improved way of saying the same thing? Or a totally new argument? I haven't been paying attention I just saw it was 144 pages and groaned. Smile

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-04-2013, 08:37 PM
(29-04-2013 08:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 06:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah and then there is me still banging a drum here. He did take a new approach for a while and that was interesting.

New and improved way of saying the same thing? Or a totally new argument? I haven't been paying attention I just saw it was 144 pages and groaned. Smile

We went off on a long tangent but then it snapped right back as new players joined the game.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-04-2013, 08:42 PM
(29-04-2013 08:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 06:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah and then there is me still banging a drum here. He did take a new approach for a while and that was interesting.

I've been trying to keep up. Nothing new so far. Same shifting of the goalposts every few posts, same ambiguous argument "not relying on scripture" but quoting said scripture for his ambiguous argument ad nauseum.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-04-2013, 08:43 PM
(29-04-2013 08:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 08:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  New and improved way of saying the same thing? Or a totally new argument? I haven't been paying attention I just saw it was 144 pages and groaned. Smile

I've been trying to keep up. Nothing new so far. Same shifting of the goalposts every few posts, same ambiguous argument "not relying on scripture" but quoting said scripture for his ambiguous argument ad nauseum.

Funny, I thought this person was a woman......

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
29-04-2013, 08:46 PM
(29-04-2013 08:43 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 08:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I've been trying to keep up. Nothing new so far. Same shifting of the goalposts every few posts, same ambiguous argument "not relying on scripture" but quoting said scripture for his ambiguous argument ad nauseum.

Funny because I thought this person was a woman.

Now that you mention it, I don't even know!

What say you, child?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
29-04-2013, 08:47 PM
(29-04-2013 08:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 08:43 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Funny because I thought this person was a woman.

Now that you mention it, I don't even know!

What say you, child?

I hope I'm not being sexist but I usually hear the god is love argument from female Christians...

-Baron d'Holbach-
29-04-2013, 08:52 PM
(29-04-2013 08:47 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 08:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Now that you mention it, I don't even know!

What say you, child?

I hope I'm not being sexist but I usually hear the god is love argument from female Christians...

You sexist, rape apologist scum! Tongue

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
29-04-2013, 08:53 PM
(29-04-2013 08:47 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 08:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Now that you mention it, I don't even know!

What say you, child?

Normally I just hear rantings and ramblings from all Christians Wink

So if childeye turns out to be female how would this change your approach or tone?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce