the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: the God term
(15-04-2013 03:34 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  As far as creating the universe, I could not say for certain that Love is the same energy that became matter. But I would feel safe to say that Love is what matters to me when it comes to a purposeful existence.

Laughat Too cute!

Can we take bets on which cult they belong to?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 04:14 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(15-04-2013 03:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Saying that your dog is a Christian pretty obliterated any shred of seriousness that is taken of you.
I'd agree with you if I had ever said that.

Oh but you did. You said empathy was because of monotheism/god. Then you spoke of your dog displaying empathy. But if it's a monotheistic ideal your dog surely shouldn't display it.

15-04-2013, 04:13 PM
(15-04-2013 04:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  I agree empathy is displayed by other animals. Funny, I said the same thing and others have turned that into my dog accepted Jesus. Spiritual means we feel an emotion, such as empathy. Existence means to exist. So despite your claim that there is no evidence that empathy is a spiritual existence the fact remains it is an emotion that exists. So you believe Empathy came about by evolution. That is definitely not provable. Especially since many scientific studies have proven otherwise.

You didn't say "spiritual". You said "theistic".

You literally said your dog believes in some type of god.
No, I said my dog believes in empathy. Read the record. Please excuse the semantics since I can't say she ever did not believe in empathy\God. How shall I say, she trusts\believes in empathy, she is moved by empathy, she exhibits empathy. Certainly you don't think I was suggesting she took a course in theology or studied the matter of the term God.
15-04-2013, 04:16 PM
(15-04-2013 04:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'd agree with you if I had ever said that.

Oh but you did.
Respectfully, we have a record and nowhere did I say my dog is a christian. She doesn't even know what a Christ is. This is nonsense.
15-04-2013, 04:17 PM
(15-04-2013 04:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You didn't say "spiritual". You said "theistic".

No, I said my dog believes in empathy. Read the record.

Now your dog has a "belief" in empathy and empathy is due to monotheism (which is what you said earlier) so your dog believes in one god too?

Shoo fly

15-04-2013, 04:19 PM
(15-04-2013 03:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'd agree with you if I had ever said that.

My bad. You didn't say "Christian". You just said your dog was theistic.

Since she doesn't speak English, you don't know if she believes in Christ... so, she's possibly a pagan dog, right? She's actually probably Hindu. It makes sense.
Funny.
15-04-2013, 04:21 PM
(15-04-2013 04:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You didn't say "spiritual". You said "theistic".

No, I said my dog believes in empathy. Read the record. Please excuse the semantics since I can't say she ever did not believe in empathy\God. How shall I say, she trusts\believes in empathy, she is moved by empathy, she exhibits empathy. Certainly you don't think I was suggesting she took a course in theology or studied the matter of the term God.

Dog believes in empathy.

You claim God is empathy.

Therefore, you're claiming that your dog believes in God.

And actually, you're claiming a Christian God.

To quote you:

(15-04-2013 02:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  If God is empathy as I claim

(note capital G)

So, yes... actually, you are claiming that your dog has Jesus.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 04:22 PM
[Image: LucieBigEars1.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 04:23 PM
(15-04-2013 04:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  No, I said my dog believes in empathy. Read the record.

Now your dog has a "belief" in empathy and empathy is due to monotheism (which is what you said earlier) so your dog believes in one god too?

Shoo fly
Well since you really care so much about what my dog believes, I'll ask her. Aarf, Arf, Woof woof woof. Aooooooh. Yep, from what I can tell she still believes in the Spirit of Love. Good girl.
15-04-2013, 04:26 PM
(15-04-2013 04:23 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Now your dog has a "belief" in empathy and empathy is due to monotheism (which is what you said earlier) so your dog believes in one god too?

Shoo fly
Well since you really care so much about what my dog believes, I'll ask her. Aarf, Arf, Woof woof woof. Aooooooh. Yep, from what I can tell she still believes in the Spirit of Love. Good girl.

Are you sure? It looks like she is claiming allegiance to the Church of FSM.

"Arf, arf, Woof, woof, woof"

Emphasis on the first woof out of three, that's a well known indicator of Pastafarinism.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post