the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 03:05 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
(30-04-2013 12:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 11:50 AM)childeye Wrote:  Again I don't know what you mean by evil. In scripture when God does evil, it is usually defined as calamity. Have you ever read the story of Job?

Yes god loves to make bets with the devil. Which resulted in the needless suffering of Job. God could've simply given satan the knowledge that job would've been faithful with out the theatrics.

I'm sorry but your god is far from anything that resembles good, or loving.
What is interesting about Job, is we see Satan playing God against man in that he says Job will curse God if only he takes away all that God has given Job. In other words, Satan believes the reason Job worships God is simply because God gives him things. And here the character that is Satan is revealed. For Satan is seen projecting here the thoughts of his own impurity of heart. For the pure of heart would not conceive that True Love is based upon the getting of good things.

Also Satan plays man against God wherein he tempts Job to curse God by visiting calamity upon him. However despite the fact that Job feels he did not deserve his calamity, he holds his integrity and does not curse God despite the constant goading of his wife. He simply says the honest Truth, the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Of course we know this story ends by God replacing all that was lost unto Job sevenfold.

Did Job suffer needlessly? Not if in the end he was better off than before. So do I blame Satan? No, for I must surmise that he could not help his blindness since he was made having everything. And I myself have seen that I too take much of what God gives for granted. To avoid becoming a hypocrite therefore, I must have understanding and mercy. Because if I think I would have done differently than the devil if I were in his shoes, I would simply be falling into the same vanity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 02:30 PM
le bump

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-04-2013, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 03:02 PM by childeye.)
(30-04-2013 12:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 12:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Not really, but I'll take a stab at what I think you might present.

See, god has to give the baby candy in order for the baby to know what being a baby with candy is like. Then he takes it away so that the baby will appreciate just how yummy delicious the candy was, and how sad he is now that it's gone. Just like your take on virgins having to lose their virginity in order to appreciate what being a virgin is. Even though I think that's a weak argument anyway. Then god can blame the candy theft on satan.

Hey, just like Job! Thumbsup

I think we bruised his ego when we weren't sure wither he was a man or a woman so now he has to be muy macho and fix a truck. Smile

I have another interesting thought experiment for you CE. After the events of 9/11 Marvel and DC both had a huge problem to deal with. New York City was a main feature in both universes (though DC usually used a surrogate name such as Gotham or Metropolis) and 9/11 was such a watershed moment that it had to be included. Thus both companies were in a huge bind. They had superhuman main characters that routinely saved the earth from any number of calamities yet had to be made impotent to prevent this real tragedy.

[Image: 9_11_2001.jpg]

The problem with this is of course Superman could have easily prevented the attack if it was just in his universe. In the Marvel Universe they have many characters that can literally see the future and thus they had to basically negate all of their characters for that day. So here is the experiment for you if Superman had to bend over backwards to explain his inability to prevent this tragedy how can a supposedly loving God allow such things to happen in a universe where he has total control?

Please step outside of your theist box and don't duck the question, don't blame it on satan or free will, how can an all powerful God that is Love allow this to happen?
Since you request for me to step out of my so called theist box (think like an atheist), my answer to your question is; Can't you tell we're thinking people here? There is no God damned God.
30-04-2013, 02:52 PM
(30-04-2013 02:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 12:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I think we bruised his ego when we weren't sure wither he was a man or a woman so now he has to be muy macho and fix a truck. Smile

I have another interesting thought experiment for you CE. After the events of 9/11 Marvel and DC both had a huge problem to deal with. New York City was a main feature in both universes (though DC usually used a surrogate name such as Gotham or Metropolis) and 9/11 was such a watershed moment that it had to be included. Thus both companies were in a huge bind. They had superhuman main characters that routinely saved the earth from any number of calamities yet had to be made impotent to prevent this real tragedy.

[Image: 9_11_2001.jpg]

The problem with this is of course Superman could have easily prevented the attack if it was just in his universe. In the Marvel Universe they have many characters that can literally see the future and thus they had to basically negate all of their characters for that day. So here is the experiment for you if Superman had to bend over backwards to explain his inability to prevent this tragedy how can a supposedly loving God allow such things to happen in a universe where he has total control?

Please step outside of your theist box and don't duck the question, don't blame it on satan or free will, how can an all powerful God that is Love allow this to happen?
Since you request for me to step out of my so called theist box (think like an atheist), my answer to your question is; There's no God, so quite asking this stupid drivel from your religious blinded brain and get the F*ckity F*ck F*CK outta here you F*cking POE. Lick my Ass with your God tongue and eat God shit and die.

ClapClapClap Very good though this was not a POE but rather a morality of god question.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-04-2013, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 03:12 PM by childeye.)
(30-04-2013 02:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 02:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  Since you request for me to step out of my so called theist box (think like an atheist), my answer to your question is; There's no God, so quite asking this stupid drivel from your religious blinded brain and get the F*ckity F*ck F*CK outta here you F*cking POE. Lick my Ass with your God tongue and eat God shit and die.

ClapClapClap Very good though this was not a POE but rather a morality of god question.
I don't even know what a POE is.
30-04-2013, 03:09 PM
(30-04-2013 02:29 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 12:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Yes god loves to make bets with the devil. Which resulted in the needless suffering of Job. God could've simply given satan the knowledge that job would've been faithful with out the theatrics.

What is interesting about Job, is we see Satan playing God against man in that he says Job will curse God if only he takes away all that God has given Job. In other words, Satan believes the reason Job worships God is simply because God gives him things. And here the character that is Satan is revealed. For Satan is seen projecting here the thoughts of his own impurity of heart. For the pure of heart would not conceive that True Love is based upon the getting of good things.

Also Satan plays man against God wherein he tempts Job to curse God by visiting calamity upon him. However despite the fact that Job feels he did not deserve his calamity, he holds his integrity and does not curse God despite the constant goading of his wife. He simply says the honest Truth, the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Of course we know this story ends by God replacing all that was lost unto Job sevenfold.

Did Job suffer needlessly? Not if in the end he was better off than before. So do I blame Satan? No, for I must surmise that he could not help his blindness since he was made having everything. And I myself have seen that I too take much of what God gives for granted. To avoid becoming a hypocrite therefore, I must have understanding and mercy. Because if I think I would have done differently than the devil if I were in his shoes, I would simply be falling into the same vanity.

Still a complete failure.

You are justifying, physical harm and psychological harm because god allowed the devil to torture this man to prove a point.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-04-2013, 03:10 PM
(30-04-2013 02:29 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 12:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Yes god loves to make bets with the devil. Which resulted in the needless suffering of Job. God could've simply given satan the knowledge that job would've been faithful with out the theatrics.

We can also apply this to the Christ.

After the resurrection he returned to heaven to reign.

Did he give the ultimate sacrifice? Not if in the end he was better off than before.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-04-2013, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 03:18 PM by childeye.)
(30-04-2013 03:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 02:29 PM)childeye Wrote:  What is interesting about Job, is we see Satan playing God against man in that he says Job will curse God if only he takes away all that God has given Job. In other words, Satan believes the reason Job worships God is simply because God gives him things. And here the character that is Satan is revealed. For Satan is seen projecting here the thoughts of his own impurity of heart. For the pure of heart would not conceive that True Love is based upon the getting of good things.

We can also apply this to the Christ.

After the resurrection he returned to heaven to reign.

Did he give the ultimate sacrifice? Not if in the end he was better off than before.
As are all men who hold true to faith in Godly Love even though we sacrifice ourselves doing so.
30-04-2013, 03:15 PM
(30-04-2013 03:09 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 02:29 PM)childeye Wrote:  What is interesting about Job, is we see Satan playing God against man in that he says Job will curse God if only he takes away all that God has given Job. In other words, Satan believes the reason Job worships God is simply because God gives him things. And here the character that is Satan is revealed. For Satan is seen projecting here the thoughts of his own impurity of heart. For the pure of heart would not conceive that True Love is based upon the getting of good things.

Still a complete failure.

You are justifying, physical harm and psychological harm because god allowed the devil to torture this man to prove a point.
It's not a complete failure even if I am justifying the calamity we all experience.
30-04-2013, 03:19 PM
(30-04-2013 03:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:09 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Still a complete failure.

It's not a complete failure even if I am justifying the calamity we all experience.

What? How does that make sense?

How does that make god all loving?

If god is moral, and morality is the opposite of psychical damage to a human being, and psychological states opposite to negative ones. Then god is evil.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp