the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: the God term
(30-04-2013 03:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  We can also apply this to the Christ.

After the resurrection he returned to heaven to reign.

Did he give the ultimate sacrifice? Not if in the end he was better off than before.
As are all men who hold true to faith in Godly Love even though we sacrifice ourselves doing so.

Okay, but if it wasn't an ultimate sacrifice, it wasn't absolute empathy.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Bump.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-04-2013, 03:35 PM
(30-04-2013 03:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 02:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ClapClapClap Very good though this was not a POE but rather a morality of god question.
I don't even know what a POE is.

Well there are actually 2 definitions one can use. The first being the Problem Of Evil or P.O.E. argument against a loving and all powerful god but the definition that KC and others were using was this.

On the internet without an outward sign of sarcasm (such as a winking smiley) no position of parody can be extreme enough not to be confused with the actual position of an ultra orthodox fundamentalist.

Generally speaking on this forum such an argument is made by someone just trolling.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-04-2013, 03:38 PM
(30-04-2013 03:19 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's not a complete failure even if I am justifying the calamity we all experience.

What? How does that make sense?

How does that make god all loving?

If god is moral, and morality is the opposite of psychical damage to a human being, and psychological states opposite to negative ones. Then god is evil.
One time I punched a guy for his own good. He thanked me later. It was Love.
30-04-2013, 03:39 PM
(30-04-2013 03:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:19 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  What? How does that make sense?

How does that make god all loving?

If god is moral, and morality is the opposite of psychical damage to a human being, and psychological states opposite to negative ones. Then god is evil.
One time I punched a guy for his own good. He thanked me later. It was Love.

One time at band camp....

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-04-2013, 03:44 PM
(30-04-2013 03:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  As are all men who hold true to faith in Godly Love even though we sacrifice ourselves doing so.

Okay, but if it wasn't an ultimate sacrifice, it wasn't absolute empathy.
Look , the guy took a crucifixion and experienced all the pain of it. Prior to that he was mocked, beaten, sourged etc... The fact that Love does not die is the reason he is not dead. Had he died then Love is not Eternal, and God is not the Eternal Spirit of Love.
30-04-2013, 03:48 PM
(30-04-2013 03:39 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  One time I punched a guy for his own good. He thanked me later. It was Love.

One time at band camp....
Okay, one time I spanked my kid. It was Love.
30-04-2013, 03:49 PM
(30-04-2013 03:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, but if it wasn't an ultimate sacrifice, it wasn't absolute empathy.
Look , the guy took a crucifixion and experienced all the pain of it. Prior to that he was mocked, beaten, sourged etc... The fact that Love does not die is the reason he is not dead. Had he died then Love is not Eternal, and God is not the Eternal Spirit of Love.

Wrong.

Had he suffered the rest of eternity in hell as a replacement for me, it would have been the ultimate sacrifice and an absolute love.

~ Umberto Eco
30-04-2013, 03:51 PM
(30-04-2013 03:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  Look , the guy took a crucifixion and experienced all the pain of it. Prior to that he was mocked, beaten, sourged etc... The fact that Love does not die is the reason he is not dead. Had he died then Love is not Eternal, and God is not the Eternal Spirit of Love.

Wrong.

Had he suffered the rest of eternity in hell as a replacement for me, it would have been the ultimate sacrifice and an absolute love.
What is hell? Do you even know?
30-04-2013, 03:53 PM
(30-04-2013 03:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:39 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  One time at band camp....
Okay, one time I spanked my kid. It was Love.

No

Spanking vs being infected with diseases, having family killed, riches taken away.....

Lets see here..

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp