the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: the God term
(30-04-2013 07:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 07:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Could God make an argument so circular that even He couldn't believe it?
Can an atheist believe that God made an atheist not believe in God?

Now you're getting into KC territory. He believes god did make atheists and I guess some of them could be chosen to enter heaven...he believes it's all been predetermined and nothing can change it.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 07:40 PM
(30-04-2013 06:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 06:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.amazon.com/Quan-Analysis-Spec...ectrometer

Here you go now you can prove where the light ends.
I need a Lovometer.

(sits on her hands and refuses to go there)

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-05-2013, 02:07 AM
(30-04-2013 07:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 07:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Could God make an argument so circular that even He couldn't believe it?
Can an atheist believe that God made an atheist not believe in God?

Laughat Yes.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
01-05-2013, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 02:33 AM by fstratzero.)
(30-04-2013 04:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 03:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  No

Spanking vs being infected with diseases, having family killed, riches taken away.....

Lets see here..
Yes I get your point. Spanking my kid or punching a guy for his own good is not a good analogy to Job. Look, all I'm saying is that I believe we will see in the end that it was necessary. The issue is about trust in the midst of doubt. I do know this. A man who is rich and lives in a mansion does not value a single dollar as much as a poor homeless guy hoping to get a single meal. I believe God is going to give us more greater things than we can imagine, but if we started out with those things they would virtually be meaningless to us. So I suffer here in this world believing that being sincerely thankful for the least of things is a profound virtue as compared to constantly bitching about everything I don't have.

I think the thing that is most shocking to me is that you are willing to equate the torture of a man to using a mild form of force *a slap* or a punch with out context. If what god did to job is morally right, then would you be willing to go through what job went through?

It's simply clear that god's conduct contradicts his own behavior.

Even after we went talked about how useless and futile jesus's actions were, you went on to assert that the new covenant is somehow amazing.

It's clear that sin exists after he "paid our price." No price was payed. That the act of killing your own son for other peoples crimes, which you being the creator gave them no choice but to commit them is morally corrupt. Finally that jesus came back to life and gets to "rule in heaven" is the exact opposite of a sacrifice. It's more like jesus justifies his own rule for an infinite amount of time over a finite amount of suffering. Not only was his "sacrifice" meaningless because he came back to life, he was rewarded for the rest of time as ruler for a short amount of intense pain.

Also a big red flag for any god, is that human beings were able to kill god in the first place.

This whole argument for your new covenant is nonsensical, evil, unjust, and sad. However considering you as a person, it seems as though you've made up your mind, and will resist any change whatever the cost.

As if change might just remind you of death, and make you feel scared. If your scared we'll help you. We help each other with things like that all the time.

If you also want a system do to good in the world with we have many systems to use, an entire field of study called ethics.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
01-05-2013, 02:37 AM
P.s. Remove these, talking to wall is annoying.

However if you do want to ask some questions I will answer.

[Image: 2umO67H.jpg]

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
01-05-2013, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 11:07 AM by childeye.)
01-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Another turn on the merry-go-round.

Soon I'm going back to saying "shoo fly."

01-05-2013, 10:33 AM
(01-05-2013 02:37 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  P.s. Remove these, talking to wall is annoying.

However if you do want to ask some questions I will answer.

[Image: 2umO67H.jpg]
I have no problem discussing the term God as Love without scripture. It is my contention that the atheist is dismissing God as Love because of scripture which they misconstrue. The atheists here have brought up scripture to disprove God and asked me to respond to it. I am simply pointing out how they have misunderstood what is in scripture as per request.
01-05-2013, 10:44 AM
(30-04-2013 07:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 07:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  Can an atheist believe that God made an atheist not believe in God?

Now you're getting into KC territory. He believes god did make atheists and I guess some of them could be chosen to enter heaven...he believes it's all been predetermined and nothing can change it.
I don't know who K.C. is. I would tend to agree with him/her except for the part that nothing can change it. For it may be predetermined that the unbelief of the atheist serves a higher purpose which serves the ultimateTruth and is therefore only a temporal state until that purpose is served. For scripture says let all men be liars that God be true. In Truth all men have been in some degree atheists. That is why it does not become me to think I am any different than all of you. That is why the Christ destroys vanity.
01-05-2013, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 11:11 AM by childeye.)
(01-05-2013 10:32 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Another turn on the merry-go-round.

Soon I'm going back to saying "shoo fly."
I know it seems a waste of your time. I understand your desire to return to shoo-fly. But I disagree with you. In my view you have never truly been open minded or welcoming to discussing the views I have openly expressed. Respectfully, I would be surprised to see you actually dig in to discussing the implications of God is Love rather than just dismissing them as not worthy of your consideration.