the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2013, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 06:03 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 05:52 PM
(01-05-2013 04:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Just because you're not bored and his ravings don't entertain you doesn't mean I have to stop.
Yes it does. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
(01-05-2013 05:52 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 04:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Just because you're not bored and his ravings don't entertain you doesn't mean I have to stop.
Yes it does. Angel

[Image: Gwyneth%2BPaltrow%2B23.jpg]

There ya go Cantor, that should keep him happy for a few minutes at least. Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-05-2013, 06:05 PM
the God term
Childeye, perhaps this will explain things to you a bit more clearly:

I don't believe you.
01-05-2013, 06:13 PM
(01-05-2013 06:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 05:52 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yes it does. Angel

[Image: Gwyneth%2BPaltrow%2B23.jpg]

There ya go Cantor, that should keep him happy for a few minutes at least. Thumbsup

The breasts are distracting.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
01-05-2013, 06:14 PM
(01-05-2013 06:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There ya go Cantor, that should keep him happy for a few minutes at least. Thumbsup

That's been keeping me happy for thirteen years. Big Grin

Sometimes, too happy. Hobo

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2013, 06:21 PM
the God term
(01-05-2013 06:13 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 06:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: Gwyneth%2BPaltrow%2B23.jpg]

There ya go Cantor, that should keep him happy for a few minutes at least. :thumbsup:

The breasts are distracting.

What was this thread about again?
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
01-05-2013, 06:37 PM
01-05-2013, 06:43 PM
(01-05-2013 02:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:27 AM)childeye Wrote:  To silence the voice of doubt between heaven and Earth forever? Yes. In fact I go through it now, everyday.

It appears to us this way at first because we don't see all things. You don't seem to consider that mankind is in a weak and almost blind position to question the wisdom of the maker of the entire universe and all that is in it. Like I said, I would rather be grateful for the least of things then have great things and yet be constantly bitching about what I don't have. How is that immoral? Remember the point of the story here is that Satan believes that God is esteemed by mankind only because he gives people things. Satan sows enmity between man and God in this story. He plays both ends against the middle.

I understand this is how you view the death of Christ. I imagine I seem absolutely bonkers to you.

The paid price was to the law, a legal obligation. It doesn't stop sin from happening. It reveals the desire to accuse as hypocrisy and finds the reasons to forgive sins.

As I said before, Satan killed the Christ. You are simply seeing the hypocrisy of vanity and that it is morally corrupt. Is it concievable to you that someone can find fault where there was none to begin with? That is what an accuser does. The temptor side of Satan manufactures the temptation through the weakness of flesh. The accuser side points to the sin that the temptation brought forth in the flesh of the person as evidence of fault in the spirit of the person. Hence he plays the ends against the middle and causes division all based on doubts.

No it isn't. It's no fun being the ruler as we might presume. The ruler of all is the servant of all. We know Satan desires to be god. Because in his false image of god, god gets to tell everyone else what to do and no one can tell him what to do. He wants power and to be the boss of all bosses. Satan's image of god whom he desires to be sits at the top with everyone else holding him up. The fact is that God is on the bottom holding everyone else up. True Love is always catering to the needs of everyone else. Hence scripture says that the mind of Christ does not consider it wrong to count one's self equal with God but submits it's self as a servant to all.

They say that Moses, when he was leading his people was held up on crutches for lack of sleep while the people lined up outside the tent unceasingly so that he could resolve the continuous and unending petty disputes between themselves.

This is why atheist thinking is contrary. Pain and suffering for the sake of having power is not altruistic since having power in the altruistic Love is not freedom but constant servitude. Only those who don't see this think it is desirable to be God. I think Jesus would rather go fishing.

But he did not die. He arose from the dead.

Yes I am convinced that the New coveneant is a beautiful promise that Love will not sell me out, and I won't sell Love out. The reason you think it is sad and evil is because you still have this upside down view of God that Satan sold all of mankind in the first place.

I appreciate your sentiments of Love butwith all due respect, they are misguided according to a false image of god. I am not afraid of death so long as when I die I still have Love in my heart.

Respectfully, I've seen and discussed atheist ethics. Basically atheist morality is relative and what is ethical in one place is not ethical in another. Essentially there are no absolute ethics.

We've already been through this. There was no Moses. He was a myth. You have no absolute set of morals of ethics. You say it's OK to kill under certain circumstances. YOU have no absolute set of morals.
First off, Whether Moses was a myth or not is speculative. However you are right I have no absolute set of morals other than I should love Love. For I believe Morality is a Spiritual attribute, not a set of rules.
01-05-2013, 06:47 PM
(01-05-2013 03:03 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:33 AM)childeye Wrote:  I have no problem discussing the term God as Love without scripture. It is my contention that the atheist is dismissing God as Love because of scripture which they misconstrue. The atheists here have brought up scripture to disprove God and asked me to respond to it. I am simply pointing out how they have misunderstood what is in scripture as per request.

You don't get it. The very idea that god is all loving is contradicted by REALITY.
Reality isn't even finished yet. Moreover, you only see the corruption of what is good and then blame God who is the goodness.