the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: the God term
(15-04-2013 04:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  No, I said my dog believes in empathy. Read the record. Please excuse the semantics since I can't say she ever did not believe in empathy\God. How shall I say, she trusts\believes in empathy, she is moved by empathy, she exhibits empathy. Certainly you don't think I was suggesting she took a course in theology or studied the matter of the term God.

Dog believes in empathy.

You claim God is empathy.

Therefore, you're claiming that your dog believes in God.

And actually, you're claiming a Christian God.

To quote you:

(15-04-2013 02:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  If God is empathy as I claim

(note capital G)

So, yes... actually, you are claiming that your dog has Jesus.
Please. You are stretching things here. That isn't being fair with me. Have I done something to give you reason to dislike me?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 04:29 PM
(15-04-2013 02:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm sorry, but I don't think I get your point. Are animals theistic? Well I suppose some are. I know my dog is. She seems to know when I'm hurting.

(15-04-2013 04:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  No, I said my dog believes in empathy. Read the record. Please excuse the semantics since I can't say she ever did not believe in empathy\God. How shall I say, she trusts\believes in empathy, she is moved by empathy, she exhibits empathy. Certainly you don't think I was suggesting she took a course in theology or studied the matter of the term God.

(15-04-2013 04:23 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well since you really care so much about what my dog believes, I'll ask her. Aarf, Arf, Woof woof woof. Aooooooh. Yep, from what I can tell she still believes in the Spirit of Love. Good girl.

You were saying?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-04-2013, 04:30 PM
(15-04-2013 04:26 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:23 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well since you really care so much about what my dog believes, I'll ask her. Aarf, Arf, Woof woof woof. Aooooooh. Yep, from what I can tell she still believes in the Spirit of Love. Good girl.

Are you sure? It looks like she is claiming allegiance to the Church of FSM.

"Arf, arf, Woof, woof, woof"

Emphasis on the first woof out of three, that's a well known indicator of Pastafarinism.

Compelling evidence you've brought forth, Tartarus Sauce... Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
15-04-2013, 04:30 PM
(15-04-2013 04:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Dog believes in empathy.

You claim God is empathy.

Therefore, you're claiming that your dog believes in God.

And actually, you're claiming a Christian God.

To quote you:

(note capital G)

So, yes... actually, you are claiming that your dog has Jesus.
Please. You are stretching things here. That isn't being fair with me. Have I done something to give you reason to dislike me?

You're being very dishonest with what you said. You could have simply stated that you were mistaken when you said your dog was theistic but instead you choose to deny even saying it. That is why you are being treated like you are.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-04-2013, 04:32 PM
(15-04-2013 03:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 02:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  I Respectfully disagree. I do not personify a vague notion. I personify a proven spiritual existence called empathy. I could call it a thing and oftentimes do. My point is, my relationship with "Empathy" is personable. For example, I'm driving down the highway and someone cuts me off, and I get angry at the driver. This voice comes in my head and says something like,"hey, haven't you done that to someone before?" I answer."yes, but I had to get over to exit". Then He answers and says, "So why don't you give this guy the same benefit of the doubt about his intentions." Then I feel different and say, "you're right, thank you for the correction". Then I bless that man on his way and am glad that "Empathy\God" kept me from being an asshole.

But you seem to not comprehend that internal conversation isn't happening with god..it's just your brain validating your anger and rationalizing what happened.

Shoo fly
Still, empathy is involved. Without empathy, I could not feel the other guy. Besides, my anger was not valid and there was something in me that pointed out the hypocrisy of my initial reasoning.
15-04-2013, 04:35 PM
(15-04-2013 04:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  Please. You are stretching things here. That isn't being fair with me. Have I done something to give you reason to dislike me?

Yes, actually.

You make Christian look like raving lunatics... completely detached... void of any logical thinking... incapable of having an honest, intelligent discussion without using ridiculous tactics and wordplay and forming intellectually dishonest conclusions.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 04:39 PM
(15-04-2013 04:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  Please. You are stretching things here. That isn't being fair with me. Have I done something to give you reason to dislike me?

Yes, actually.

You make Christian look like raving lunatics... completely detached... void of any logical thinking... incapable of having an honest, intelligent discussion without using ridiculous tactics and wordplay and forming intellectually dishonest conclusions.

This ladies and gentlemen has been a word from the Christian Ambassador to TTA; KC. Brought to you by his sponsor:

Calvinism; "Because we have to."

But seriously, you dun good so far, KC.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-04-2013, 04:40 PM
(15-04-2013 04:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

You're being very dishonest with what you said. You could have simply stated that you were mistaken when you said your dog was theistic but instead you choose to deny even saying it. That is why you are being treated like you are.
Yes , I understand why you feel that way. But consider, theistic means to believe in God. I have premised my conclusion on the basis that God is empathy. As such I stand by my statement that my dog believes\trusts in God. This does not mean to say as you have taken it to mean, that my dog speaks english and would affirm her feelings in any linguistic postulations.
15-04-2013, 04:41 PM
(15-04-2013 04:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, actually.

This ladies and gentlemen has been a word from the Christian Ambassador to TTA; KC. Brought to you by his sponsor:

Calvinism; "Because we have no choice."

But seriously, you dun good so far, KC.
And all I said was God is Love.
15-04-2013, 04:42 PM
How do you know that empathy is solely connected to a god? What evidence do you have in favor of this currently presuppositional claim?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post