the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2013, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 10:22 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
(01-05-2013 09:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 09:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  I can only say that the atheistic humility is breathtaking as you have put all others who esteem God as love in their rightful place beneath you.

That's some smug projection you have going for you there.
Just trying to find reflect your vision of me.
01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
(01-05-2013 10:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 09:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  That's some smug projection you have going for you there.
Just trying to find reflect your vision of me.

You spend this entire thread disparaging atheists because we don't agree with your delusion, and when I turn your own argument around on you, you have the gall to say I'm putting people beneath me?

Shame on you, and your empathy.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 10:41 PM by childeye.)
(01-05-2013 09:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 09:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And this one time at band camp... Look we know you have selected incidents where confirmation bias has made you think "Wow, thats god answering a prayer." but the fact of the matter is whenever anything like that is tested in a double blind study it has zero effect on anything. As to you and your wife having the same though that God was talking to you, did you tell that story a lot? Did it start off with just you having a feeling about those people you saw on the roadside and then grow into something more? It's not that uncommon, in fact the more you tell the story the more you believe thats the way it actually happened.

Also don't forget the mind can process visual clues before you mentally put together the whole situation. Another thing I've learned because of my son. He doesn't process visual clues well at all (but that is somewhat improving).
What you are describing is what I view as the subconscience. That is where the voice of the image of god held in every man whether true or false speaks from.
01-05-2013, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 10:40 PM by childeye.)
(01-05-2013 10:25 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  Just trying to find reflect your vision of me.

You spend this entire thread disparaging atheists because we don't agree with your delusion, and when I turn your own argument around on you, you have the gall to say I'm putting people beneath me?

I didn't disparage anyone here. I apologize for offending you. I only said what I said about your remark comparing vanities to show the hypocrisy of your statements. I have claimed consistently that if I know anything about God it is because He revealed Himself by grace. I don't think I'm any better or lesser than you or anyone else. And you didn't turn my argument around. All lies end in hypocrisy.
01-05-2013, 10:36 PM
(01-05-2013 10:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 09:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Also don't forget the mind can process visual clues before you mentally put together the whole situation. Another thing I've learned because of my son. He doesn't process visual clues well at all (but that is somewhat improving).

Autistic? That can be tough for all involved.

Yep. Sometimes I wish he understood how funny he was...it's also probably why he prefers cartoons or those stupid shows on Disney channel or nick...everything is exaggerated. He understsnds (sorta) that.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

01-05-2013, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 10:46 PM by evenheathen.)
(01-05-2013 10:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:25 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You spend this entire thread disparaging atheists because we don't agree with your delusion, and when I turn your own argument around on you, you have the gall to say I'm putting people beneath me?

I didn't disparage anyone here. I have claimed consistently that if I know anything about God it is because He revealed Himself by grace. I don't think I'm any better or lesser than you or anyone else.

And I don't think lesser of anyone. I have claimed consistently that I don't believe in god because he has not ever revealed himself by any means. And yes, through your arguments, you have put yourself on a pedestal above all of us. Yes I did turn your argument around you simply refuse to think hard enough to get it. Hypocrisy is the key word here.

Vanity.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Going to bed. Out of my wonderful delusion, I pray God blesses each and everyone of you. Thank you for all of your loving concern for me.
01-05-2013, 10:51 PM
(01-05-2013 10:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  I didn't disparage anyone here. I have claimed consistently that if I know anything about God it is because He revealed Himself by grace. I don't think I'm any better or lesser than you or anyone else.

And I don't think lesser of anyone. I have claimed consistently that I don't believe in god because he has not ever revealed himself by any means. And yes, through your arguments, you have put yourself on a pedestal above all of us.

Vanity.
Okay, before I go to bed, I must answer this. Evenheathen, I argue with you all one simple thing. That God is Love. One little three letter word GOD. We all think we are right. In that respect we are all the same.
01-05-2013, 10:55 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post