the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: the God term
(01-05-2013 10:51 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And I don't think lesser of anyone. I have claimed consistently that I don't believe in god because he has not ever revealed himself by any means. And yes, through your arguments, you have put yourself on a pedestal above all of us.

Vanity.
Okay, before I go to bed, I must answer this. Evenheathen, I argue with you all one simple thing. That God is Love. One little three letter word GOD. We all think we are right. In that respect we are all the same.

Love is a real emotion, god is debatable. See, we can agree to disagree.

Goodnite.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 10:58 PM
goodnite bump

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-05-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 09:14 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

01-05-2013, 11:20 PM
(01-05-2013 10:51 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And I don't think lesser of anyone. I have claimed consistently that I don't believe in god because he has not ever revealed himself by any means. And yes, through your arguments, you have put yourself on a pedestal above all of us.

Vanity.
Okay, before I go to bed, I must answer this. Evenheathen, I argue with you all one simple thing. That God is Love. One little three letter word GOD. We all think we are right. In that respect we are all the same.

No sir god is pure hatred.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 01:34 PM by childeye.)
(01-05-2013 11:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:17 PM)childeye Wrote:  Actually I didn't think they thought you were lying or don't believe you. I got the impression that they did not know how to value it. That was the impression I got from what you said, When you tell your child that you love them, your teaching them what love is. And there are some who this idea is never grasped. My youngest son, I doubt will ever understand what "love" really is.

If I shoo, how can I hear part two?

I was very clear in what I said. Some will NEVER grasp the idea of love. Only my youngest son has this issue (in our home). That's why I specifically mentioned him. He's 13.

You won't. I'm not going to bother with a part two. There's little point. You twist things around...Like it was me who wrote "I'm made of rubber and your made of glue." You retorted later in a different part of the thread about schoolyard antics or something and said, "I know you are but what am I"

You rewrite...Memory isn't an exact thing. The fact you have a hard to recalling what you said in this thread, bears greatly on my belief of your story about the van praying flat tire people...

You came here with an agenda to spread your god is love idea...but we aren't buying it.

So ya, you can shoo fly
You are right. I remembered that as I went to bed. I did not say I'm rubber you're glue. It doesn't matter whether you believe my story. It happened and I know it, but I understand completely that you cannot just take my word for it. On your son. I don't know him of course but I do think he knows you love him. Even though he may not feel love the way you or I do, I believe he can still understand he means something to you and you mean something to him. Love can also be rationalized. I also don't expect you to believe me if I told you I did not come here with any agenda other than satisfying curiosity.
02-05-2013, 12:53 PM
(01-05-2013 11:20 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:51 PM)childeye Wrote:  Okay, before I go to bed, I must answer this. Evenheathen, I argue with you all one simple thing. That God is Love. One little three letter word GOD. We all think we are right. In that respect we are all the same.

No sir god is pure hatred.
I suspect you are talking about the God of scripture. So if God said do not steal, is he pure hatred?
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 01:32 PM by childeye.)
(01-05-2013 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:51 PM)childeye Wrote:  Okay, before I go to bed, I must answer this. Evenheathen, I argue with you all one simple thing. That God is Love. One little three letter word GOD. We all think we are right. In that respect we are all the same.

Love is a real emotion, god is debatable. See, we can agree to disagree.

Goodnite.
Okay evenheathen. You can agree to disagree. That statement to me however is nonsensical. When I look at it, it says "let's never agree". As if there is no actual Truth that all men can come to agree upon. To that conviction I do not concede to. Conflict can only come from it. I do appreciate that you recognize Love as real. We certainly can agree to agree on that.
02-05-2013, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 01:26 PM by childeye.)
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
(02-05-2013 01:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  I agree religion has nothing to do with it.

But you're Christian. And you quote scripture. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user