the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 02:19 PM
RE: the God term
(02-05-2013 01:56 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 01:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  Come on fstrazero. This is too easy. Respectfully, your logic ends in hypocrisy. If God was hatred He would be telling everyone to steal all they can. You are being blantantly obtuse in my view.

But he does. All ya gotta do is pray for forgiveness. Dodgy
He does not tell people to steal and then pray for forgiveness. Silly willy nilly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 02:46 PM by CompletelySolo.)
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  I define thee God as a moral absolute as in the Eternal Spirit of Love.

Can I define Banana as a railway ride from Toronto to Montréal?

Language's value is in a common lexicon that means the same to everyone that hears it. So, just to set you straight:

god
noun \ˈgäd also ˈgȯd\
Definition of GOD
1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
3 : a person or thing of supreme value
4 : a powerful ruler

The bolded definition bears some resemblance to yours, at least superficially. I assume you're a "Christian Scientist," then?

Jesus fracking Christ, excuse the expression, but I think the religion I was raised in was nutty for not allowing blood transfusions. Let me know how that complete lack of modern medical treatment thing works out for you.
[+] 2 users Like CompletelySolo's post
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
(02-05-2013 02:40 PM)CompletelySolo Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  I define thee God as a moral absolute as in the Eternal Spirit of Love.

Can I define Banana as a railway ride from Toronto to Montréal?
Without an absolute you can define anything any way you want.
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
(02-05-2013 02:40 PM)CompletelySolo Wrote:  Can I define Banana as a railway ride from Toronto to Montréal?
I kinda doubt it. Now, if you were to call childeye bananas... Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
(02-05-2013 02:10 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes but the point of the Christ is that God sent His own True Image of Himself. Hence the Christ is not a product of religion. I view religion as mankinds various perspectives of God. So as to say that God did not invent religion.

What?!?! Were you there? Why ain't you Jewish? They ain't accepting no Jesus as messiah, he didn't do the job. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 02:48 PM
(02-05-2013 02:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 02:10 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes but the point of the Christ is that God sent His own True Image of Himself. Hence the Christ is not a product of religion. I view religion as mankinds various perspectives of God. So as to say that God did not invent religion.

What?!?! Were you there? Why ain't you Jewish? They ain't accepting no Jesus as messiah, he didn't do the job. Tongue
You are making my point and don't even know it.
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
(02-05-2013 02:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

You are making my point and don't even know it.
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
the God term
(02-05-2013 02:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 01:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Exodus 11:2 Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver and jewels of gold.

Let the spirit of hatred speak.
The Egyptians had made slaves of the Israelites for generations. To take their Jewels as they departed is a small compensation when compared to justice. Besides, why do you atheists not agree with one another on what you don't believe in? Bucky ball calls this entire story a myth. Meanwhile Revenant 77 says that God is the purest form of wishful thinking. But with respect, you people are too cute.

Their claims are not mutually exclusive.
02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
(02-05-2013 02:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What?!?! Were you there? Why ain't you Jewish? They ain't accepting no Jesus as messiah, he didn't do the job. Tongue

CE: <insert irrelevant random "explanation" about how you're just too dumb/ too atheistic / did I mention too dumb ?> <insert smug>

Edit: I'm a fuckin' prophet. Move over Cantor Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-05-2013, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 02:59 PM by childeye.)
(02-05-2013 02:49 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 02:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  The Egyptians had made slaves of the Israelites for generations. To take their Jewels as they departed is a small compensation when compared to justice. Besides, why do you atheists not agree with one another on what you don't believe in? Bucky ball calls this entire story a myth. Meanwhile Revenant 77 says that God is the purest form of wishful thinking. But with respect, you people are too cute.

Their claims are not mutually exclusive.
Let's see. God is hate because he had the Israelites take the Egyptians jewels.
But God didn't have the Israelites take the Egyptians jewels because it never happened.
And yet the spirit of hate is the most purest form of wishful thinking?

Sounds contradictory to me.