the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: the God term
(02-05-2013 03:56 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 03:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  First off, you said the purest form of wishful thinking. I think it is safe to assume that if God existed no one is wishing for God to be hate. I would disagree however that wishing for what is good is altogether bad because it is simply a wish. I imagine we all do this to some degree. Oftentimes our reality compells us to wish for better.
God as Love is not the Easter bunny by any means. Nor did men invent Love. The term God is seen commonly in dictionaries as the moral authority which Love does fulfill as a criteria. The golden rule is the spoken sentiments of Love in humanity. On this very forum Love is respected by most. Many people here would desire that the people in the world would be more loving. The purest form of wishful thinking happens even here on an atheist forum.

God as hate is not the Easter bunny by any means. Nor did men invent hate. The term God is seen commonly in dictionaries as the moral authority which hate does fulfill as a criteria. The golden rule is the spoken sentiments of hate in humanity. On this very forum hate is respected by most. Many people here would desire that the people in the world would be more hateful. The purest form of wishful thinking happens even here on an atheist forum.
Why do I hate this? It must be God in me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 04:23 PM
(02-05-2013 04:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  Why do I hate this? It must be God in me.

Why do I love this? It must be God in me Drooling

God sent his only son to make sure everybody would hate each other. Every one who worship this son differently will hate each other. Ripping man kind apart by factions was the greatest gift of god.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
02-05-2013, 04:25 PM
02-05-2013, 04:26 PM

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
02-05-2013, 04:30 PM
(02-05-2013 04:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 04:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  Not at all. I'm thoroughly convinced.
Mostly I think that our government or some powerful interest group have top secret aircraft that we are not aware of. But then again, they could be aliens. Have you ever heard of the star sirius and the Dogan tribe in Africa?

God sent his only son to make sure everybody would hate each other. Every one who worships this son differently will hate each other. Ripping man kind apart by factions was the greatest gift of god.

Calling acts of hatred love, was the best way to get humans to do evil to one another.
You backwards atheist. You turn Love your enemies into hate your lovers.
02-05-2013, 04:32 PM
(02-05-2013 04:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 04:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  God sent his only son to make sure everybody would hate each other. Every one who worships this son differently will hate each other. Ripping man kind apart by factions was the greatest gift of god.

Calling acts of hatred love, was the best way to get humans to do evil to one another.
You backwards atheist. You turn Love your enemies into hate your lovers.

You backwards theist. You love your hatred, and spread hatred onto those who wish to give you the world as it is.

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
(02-05-2013 04:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 04:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  You backwards atheist. You turn Love your enemies into hate your lovers.

You backwards theist. You love your hatred, and spread hatred onto those who wish to give you the world as it is.
You should change your moniker to MoFo MoPOE.
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
(02-05-2013 04:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 04:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  You backwards theist. You love your hatred, and spread hatred onto those who wish to give you the world as it is.
You should change your moniker to MoFo MoPOE.

Not exactly clever, but doesn't exactly sound like it's coming from a 55 year old. Maybe the one true god is filling your soul? That spirit of hatred.

-Baron d'Holbach-
02-05-2013, 04:41 PM
(02-05-2013 04:38 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 04:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  You should change your moniker to MoFo MoPOE.

Not exactly clever, but doesn't exactly sound like it's coming from a 55 year old.
Then it suits you.
02-05-2013, 04:42 PM
(02-05-2013 04:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 04:38 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Not exactly clever, but doesn't exactly sound like it's coming from a 55 year old.
Then it suits you.

Indeed it does!

-Baron d'Holbach-