the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: the God term
(15-04-2013 04:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  Please. You are stretching things here. That isn't being fair with me. Have I done something to give you reason to dislike me?

Yes, actually.

You make Christian look like raving lunatics... completely detached... void of any logical thinking... incapable of having an honest, intelligent discussion without using ridiculous tactics and wordplay and forming intellectually dishonest conclusions.
And all I said was God is Love.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 04:44 PM
(15-04-2013 04:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You're being very dishonest with what you said. You could have simply stated that you were mistaken when you said your dog was theistic but instead you choose to deny even saying it. That is why you are being treated like you are.
Yes , I understand why you feel that way. But consider, theistic means to believe in God. I have premised my conclusion on the basis that God is empathy. As such I stand by my statement that my dog believes\trusts in God. This does not mean to say as you have taken it to mean, that my dog speaks english and would affirm her feelings in any linguistic postulations.

When I read "consider" it only reminded me of "These are not the droids you're looking for".

And you're putting words in people's mouths.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
15-04-2013, 04:44 PM
(15-04-2013 04:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, actually.

You make Christian look like raving lunatics... completely detached... void of any logical thinking... incapable of having an honest, intelligent discussion without using ridiculous tactics and wordplay and forming intellectually dishonest conclusions.
And all I said was God is Love.

Hold on, I thought it was Empathy, not love...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-04-2013, 04:45 PM
(15-04-2013 04:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  And all I said was God is Love.

ummm....

Have you ever seen Memento?

Because your short term memory sucks.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 04:53 PM
(15-04-2013 04:42 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  How do you know that empathy is solely connected to a god? What evidence do you have in favor of this currently presuppositional claim?
I only know that Love is a moral imperatuve that is experienced in life. I witness to this as a fact of life. Hence since all morality is centered upon compassion for others it is clear to me that any referance to God in scripture as that which is good in mankind is the point of this thread. Certainly you can claim god is something else, a religious invention for the sake of controlling peoples minds. But to those who believe God exists as the Eternal Spirit of Love, that is seen as an ignorance of the true meaning of the term. I have no aversion to being controlled by Love, I welcome it.
15-04-2013, 04:54 PM
(15-04-2013 04:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

ummm....

Have you ever seen Memento?

Because your short term memory sucks.
Please elaborate.
15-04-2013, 04:55 PM
(15-04-2013 04:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You're being very dishonest with what you said. You could have simply stated that you were mistaken when you said your dog was theistic but instead you choose to deny even saying it. That is why you are being treated like you are.
Yes , I understand why you feel that way. But consider, theistic means to believe in God. I have premised my conclusion on the basis that God is empathy. As such I stand by my statement that my dog believes\trusts in God. This does not mean to say as you have taken it to mean, that my dog speaks english and would affirm her feelings in any linguistic postulations.

Look I understand how you feel. You had this grand argument planned out, maybe you even talked it out with a like minded friend or two and couldn't see any flaws in your premis. Then you enter the lair of the beast and your argument is shot down not once but a dozen times over and your reeling looking for anything to hold onto against the onslaught so that now you are actually trying to argue that YOUR DOG HAS AN OPINION ON GOD!!! This is the sign of a weak argument and maybe the best thing you can do is stop and rethink your position because as it stands now you are just going to have to retreat further and further down the rabbit hole.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-04-2013, 04:56 PM
(15-04-2013 04:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Hold on, I thought it was Empathy, not love...
Please read post #6.
15-04-2013, 05:03 PM
(15-04-2013 04:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes , I understand why you feel that way. But consider, theistic means to believe in God. I have premised my conclusion on the basis that God is empathy. As such I stand by my statement that my dog believes\trusts in God. This does not mean to say as you have taken it to mean, that my dog speaks english and would affirm her feelings in any linguistic postulations.

Look I understand how you feel. You had this grand argument planned out, maybe you even talked it out with a like minded friend or two and couldn't see any flaws in your premis. Then you enter the lair of the beast and your argument is shot down not once but a dozen times over and your reeling looking for anything to hold onto against the onslaught so that now you are actually trying to argue that YOUR DOG HAS AN OPINION ON GOD!!! This is the sign of a weak argument and maybe the best thing you can do is stop and rethink your position because as it stands now you are just going to have to retreat further and further down the rabbit hole.
I'm sorry, but none of what you assert here is true as the record shows. I didn't come here counting you or anyone else here a beast. Nor have I claimed my dog had an opinion on anything. When I was talking to my dog, that was just making lite humor of your reaction to my claim that my dog has feelings characterized as empathy. It would be indeed a poor argument to make that God exists because my dog said so.
15-04-2013, 05:04 PM
(15-04-2013 04:53 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 04:42 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  How do you know that empathy is solely connected to a god? What evidence do you have in favor of this currently presuppositional claim?
I only know that Love is a moral imperatuve that is experienced in life. I witness to this as a fact of life. Hence since all morality is centered upon compassion for others it is clear to me that any referance to God in scripture as that which is good in mankind is the point of this thread. Certainly you can claim god is something else, a religious invention for the sake of controlling peoples minds. But to those who believe God exists as the Eternal Spirit of Love, that is seen as an ignorance of the true meaning of the term. I have no aversion to being controlled by Love, I welcome it.

Love exists in people and other animals.
No gods are required to explain it, no gods are required to acknowledge it, no gods are required to experience it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post