the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: the God term
(03-05-2013 01:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  My point is that God is a double ended dil... I mean love.

Hehe....come on now, love is a tickle, not a penetration. Right, childeye?
Depends on whether your terms are carnal or spiritual. Please note that biblically speaking, to know someone is refering to intimacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 03:22 PM
(03-05-2013 03:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You might as well blame someone else, cause you sure ain't doing it. Angel
Again you miss the point. The Christ is not about blame, but ending blame.

But you blame everyone and everything for his death. Now if your story is true then he couldn't have been a pure sacrifice if satan was to blame or the jews or the romans. A sacrifice is something freely given but yet you choose to blame everyone else for it. The God of Death and Battle demanded a blood sacrifice for his own inherent flaws and only a pure sacrifice would do. God = Vengeance and wrath and always has.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-05-2013, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 05:20 PM by childeye.)
(03-05-2013 03:10 PM)CompletelySolo Wrote:  Actually, childeye, rules for logical debate are rather clear.

Your entire argument is a "non-sequitur." You haven't connected the dots. You haven't shown a progression required for your premises.
I have one premise, That God is Love, the moral absolute. I have proven this over and over in that Love rules as the moral authority in creation. You all don't actually deny that Love is the moral absolute any more than you wish to hate and be hated. You all argue the proposition by saying that Love is not the biblical God. Yet the Christ makes the ultimate sacrifice of Love not hate. Moreover you only see the Old Testament God without considering the angels who were misrepresenting Him. The Christ is about us seeing God firsthand without any go betweens. The New Covenant is about mercy, understanding and forgiveness. All attributes of Love and not hate. That is why the New Covenant is all about God being Love. Respectfully, you're all in denial of your own selves. The point made by the atheist is that they have an aversion to the term God for various understandable reasons, usually conflating god with religion and superstition. Atheists don't hate Love. They hate religion. The term God and His Christ are collateral damage in the overeach.
03-05-2013, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 05:12 PM by childeye.)
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
(03-05-2013 02:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 02:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I do believe that would be against forum regulations.

(damned if I haven't tried to collect such evidence, but I seem to have married a self-respecting woman) Weeping

I don't particularly care for the implications of your choice of words Drinking Beverage

I'm sure you dont't. Evil_monster

I'm a bad boy!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
(03-05-2013 03:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 03:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  Again you miss the point. The Christ is not about blame, but ending blame.

But you blame everyone and everything for his death. Now if your story is true then he couldn't have been a pure sacrifice if satan was to blame or the jews or the romans. A sacrifice is something freely given but yet you choose to blame everyone else for it. The God of Death and Battle demanded a blood sacrifice for his own inherent flaws and only a pure sacrifice would do. God = Vengeance and wrath and always has.

You're not seeing the big picture here. Lucifer made the biggest sacrifice of all, complete separation from the father for eternity in order to save us from god. He speaks to us daily, showing us the logical absurdity of god being love.

For Lucifer so loved man, he sacrificed his position at the right hand of god, so the whosoever believeth in him, shall probably still perish since god is just a mean bastard, but it was a good try anyway.

Amen.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-05-2013, 05:50 PM
(03-05-2013 05:48 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 03:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  But you blame everyone and everything for his death. Now if your story is true then he couldn't have been a pure sacrifice if satan was to blame or the jews or the romans. A sacrifice is something freely given but yet you choose to blame everyone else for it. The God of Death and Battle demanded a blood sacrifice for his own inherent flaws and only a pure sacrifice would do. God = Vengeance and wrath and always has.

You're not seeing the big picture here. Lucifer made the biggest sacrifice of all, complete separation from the father for eternity in order to save us from god. He speaks to us daily, showing us the logical absurdity of god being love.

For Lucifer so loved man, he sacrificed his position at the right hand of god, so the whosoever believeth in him, shall probably still perish since god is just a mean bastard, but it was a good try anyway.

Amen.
So you're a Satanist and not an atheist?
03-05-2013, 05:56 PM
the God term
(03-05-2013 03:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have proven this over and over...

I find fault with your use of "proven" here.

You seem to be suffering from the delusion that you alone are capable of knowing "truth" following only your own heart. You don't appear to have a workable understanding of your own capacity for reason or critical thinking.

I asked you earlier if you understood the principle of discerning fact from fiction. I found your response dismissive possibly indicating either misunderstanding or contempt for critical thinking.

Because I see little evidence that you have come to your beliefs through critical thinking, reason or caution, I am disinclined to give your claims much consideration. They do not sound believable to me.

But don't let that stop you. By all means, carry on, carry on...as though nothing really matters.
03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
(03-05-2013 05:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 05:48 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You're not seeing the big picture here. Lucifer made the biggest sacrifice of all, complete separation from the father for eternity in order to save us from god. He speaks to us daily, showing us the logical absurdity of god being love.

Amen.
So you're a Satanist and not an atheist?

Well, I've been giving it a lot of thought. If we have to believe that something of the ancient superstition is true, it would make more sense that god hates us, and Lucifer is just trying to do what's right.

Given that 99.999999% of the universe is absolutely hostile and deadly to us, and that most places on god's green earth is also hostile and unlivable for humans, Occam"s razor suggests that god is just toying with us, and Lucifer actually cares.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 06:18 PM
the God term
(03-05-2013 06:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 05:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  So you're a Satanist and not an atheist?

Well, I've been giving it a lot of thought. If we have to believe that something of the ancient superstition is true, it would make more sense that god hates us, and Lucifer is just trying to do what's right.

Given that 99.999999% of the universe is absolutely hostile and deadly to us, and that most places on god's green earth is also hostile and unlivable for humans, Occam"s razor suggests that god is just toying with us, and Lucifer actually cares.

So we are like tiny ants in some sick kid's twisted ant farm? What you suggest has merit. :consider: