the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: the God term
(03-05-2013 06:18 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 06:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, I've been giving it a lot of thought. If we have to believe that something of the ancient superstition is true, it would make more sense that god hates us, and Lucifer is just trying to do what's right.

Given that 99.999999% of the universe is absolutely hostile and deadly to us, and that most places on god's green earth is also hostile and unlivable for humans, Occam"s razor suggests that god is just toying with us, and Lucifer actually cares.

So we are like tiny ants in some sick kid's twisted ant farm? What you suggest has merit. Consider

Read the bible, doesn't god seem like an immature little boy to you?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Hail satan bump.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 07:00 PM by childeye.)
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I challenge you, childeye, to prove to me that Lucifer does not love us more than god.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 07:14 PM
(03-05-2013 06:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 05:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  So you're a Satanist and not an atheist?

Well, I've been giving it a lot of thought. If we have to believe that something of the ancient superstition is true, it would make more sense that god hates us, and Lucifer is just trying to do what's right.

Given that 99.999999% of the universe is absolutely hostile and deadly to us, and that most places on god's green earth is also hostile and unlivable for humans, Occam"s razor suggests that god is just toying with us, and Lucifer actually cares.
Since we are considering that something of the ancient superstition is true, then the fact that we were naked and yet content in the garden of Eden until Satan said God was using us should be anaylyzed thoroughly as to what that ancient meaning is. We essentially believed Satan over God and we now are not better off than we were. We now hide ourselves with clothing, afraid of what people might think and say, and why? Because we think and say things about others. Of course in the garden, we had want for nothing and here we have only want for everything. In the garden, it was always hospitable and never hostile living conditions.So if we consider, then let's do so honestly, for it is a disservice to ourselves when we do not submit to what is true but instead lie to ourselves for the sake of pride.
03-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:Since we are considering that something of the ancient superstition is true, then the fact that we were naked and yet content in the garden of Eden until Satan said God was using us should be anaylyzed thoroughly as to what that ancient meaning is. We essentially believed Satan over God and we now are not better off than we were. We now hide ourselves with clothing, afraid of what people might think and say, and why? Because we think and say things about others. Of course in the garden, we had want for nothing and here we have only want for everything. In the garden, it was always hospitable and never hostile living conditions.So if we consider, then let's do so honestly, for it is a disservice to ourselves when we do not submit to what is true but instead lie to ourselves for the sake of pride.

I'm naked now, and quite content. Big Grin Not sure what your problem is.

What you fail to realize is that god is still omnipotent. This is all his creation, and thus his plan. He meant for us to fail in the garden, that's why he presented the temptation in the manner that he did. He made it remarkably easy to eat the fruit, so that it would seem that sin is our fault and therefore he is justified in burning us in hell forever.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 07:52 PM by childeye.)
(03-05-2013 07:07 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I challenge you, childeye, to prove to me that Lucifer does not love us more than god.
Then let me point out that Satan is just a creature only of a higher class of beings but a creature nontheless. Here is the proof of his motives. All angels true to God would never allow you to worship them for they know they are creatures just like us. But Demons desire men to worship them as if they were gods.
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 08:00 PM by childeye.)
(03-05-2013 07:22 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:Since we are considering that something of the ancient superstition is true, then the fact that we were naked and yet content in the garden of Eden until Satan said God was using us should be anaylyzed thoroughly as to what that ancient meaning is. We essentially believed Satan over God and we now are not better off than we were. We now hide ourselves with clothing, afraid of what people might think and say, and why? Because we think and say things about others. Of course in the garden, we had want for nothing and here we have only want for everything. In the garden, it was always hospitable and never hostile living conditions.So if we consider, then let's do so honestly, for it is a disservice to ourselves when we do not submit to what is true but instead lie to ourselves for the sake of pride.

[quote]What you fail to realize is that god is still omnipotent. This is all his creation, and thus his plan. He meant for us to fail in the garden, that's why he presented the temptation in the manner that he did.
He did not present any temptation in the garden. He was open and we trusted Him with all of our heart. He told us what was good to eat and what was not and we trusted Him in our innocence. Satan provided the temptation, and upon trusting Satan over our loving Father, our innocence was lost.
Quote: He made it remarkably easy to eat the fruit, so that it would seem that sin is our fault and therefore he is justified in burning us in hell forever.
Not so. It is true the fruit was easily accessible for He trusted us, knowing we trusted Him. Sin is not our fault according to scripture. Our fault is that we distrusted that which was always Holy and true, and that begat sin. And yet because we were innocent and had never known distrust before Satan, God Himself has paid the price of sin and death on our behalf. But He cannot allow those who distrust Him into heaven. For all that is Holy and eternal is there, and unholiness cannot abide there. As for hell, I believe it is that place where people are, who never learn to trust in the Holy God that is Love. Hence the fire is that Truth that burns forever, but without faith one can never learn. They are like men following an eternal line trying to prove it ends and will never find rest.

You asked me to prove God loves us more than Satan does. Satan is the one who would have you in hell with him. For God not only loves us more, He is Love.
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM
(03-05-2013 07:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  

[quote]What you fail to realize is that god is still omnipotent. This is all his creation, and thus his plan. He meant for us to fail in the garden, that's why he presented the temptation in the manner that he did.
He did not present any temptation in the garden. He was open and we trusted Him with all of our heart. He told us what was good to eat and what was not and we trusted Him in our innocence. Satan provided the temptation, and upon trusting Satan over our loving Father, our innocence was lost.
Quote: He made it remarkably easy to eat the fruit, so that it would seem that sin is our fault and therefore he is justified in burning us in hell forever.
Not so. It is true the fruit was easily accessible for He trusted us, knowing we trusted Him. Sin is not our fault according to scripture. Our fault is that we distrusted that which was always Holy and true, and that begat sin. And yet because we were innocent and had never known distrust before Satan. God Himself has paid the price of death on our behalf. As for hell, I believe it is that place where people are, who never learn to trust in the Holy God that is Love. Hence the fire is that Truth that burns forever, but without faith one can never learn.

You asked me to prove God loves us more than Satan does. Satan is the one who would have you in hell with him. For God not only loves us more, He is Love.

Oh come on, you don't really buy that lie do you? Remember, lies and hypocrisy and stuff, whatever it is you say. God could have just created the garden without the tree of knowledge, but yet he put it there. He created us with an almost unbearable curiosity, and then presented the greatest temptation within reach. This was his plan.

Satan desires no worship. He only desires that man not fall into the trap that god has laid for us.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 07:54 PM
(03-05-2013 07:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  

Not so. It is true the fruit was easily accessible for He trusted us, knowing we trusted Him. Sin is not our fault according to scripture. Our fault is that we distrusted that which was always Holy and true, and that begat sin. And yet because we were innocent and had never known distrust before Satan. God Himself has paid the price of sin and death on our behalf. But He cannot allow those who distrust Him into heaven. For all that is Holy and eternal is there, and unholiness cannot abide there. As for hell, I believe it is that place where people are, who never learn to trust in the Holy God that is Love. Hence the fire is that Truth that burns forever, but without faith one can never learn.

If you are a new covenant christian why do you defend anything in the old testament?

The removal of the old testament from the bible improves your religion 10 fold.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp