• 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: the God term
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Ackbar bump

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:Of course Satan wants worship. You yourself give him praise by saying he loves us more than God who is Love.

Yeah.....but nah. I simply believe you're wrong. It just makes too much sense that god would lay the trap so that he could have his way with us. I'm sorry that you've been tricked by him into believing that he is love. He is not love, he is hypocrisy. The greatest trick god ever played is convincing mankind that he actually gives a flying horses ass about us.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 08:43 PM
(03-05-2013 08:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  You asked me to prove God loves us more than Satan does. Satan is the one who would have you in hell with him. For God not only loves us more, He is Love.

The best minds will tell you that when a man has begotten a child he is morally bound to tenderly care for it, protect it from hurt, shield it from disease, clothe it, feed it, bear with its waywardness, lay no hand upon it save in kindness and for its own good, and never in any case inflict upon it a wanton cruelty. God's treatment of his earthly children, every day and every night, is the exact opposite of all that, yet those best minds warmly justify these crimes, condone them, excuse them, and indignantly refuse to regard them as crimes at all, when he commits them.
- Letters from the Earth

You readily fall into Twain's category of those that justify, condone, excuse and refuse "God's wanton cuelty", all except for the "best minds" part that is.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM
The sad thing is no matter what act of evil god did, this person would find a way to say that it proves god is love.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
03-05-2013, 09:03 PM
(03-05-2013 07:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 07:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  He did not present any temptation in the garden. He was open and we trusted Him with all of our heart. He told us what was good to eat and what was not and we trusted Him in our innocence. Satan provided the temptation, and upon trusting Satan over our loving Father, our innocence was lost.
Not so. It is true the fruit was easily accessible for He trusted us, knowing we trusted Him. Sin is not our fault according to scripture. Our fault is that we distrusted that which was always Holy and true, and that begat sin. And yet because we were innocent and had never known distrust before Satan. God Himself has paid the price of sin and death on our behalf. But He cannot allow those who distrust Him into heaven. For all that is Holy and eternal is there, and unholiness cannot abide there. As for hell, I believe it is that place where people are, who never learn to trust in the Holy God that is Love. Hence the fire is that Truth that burns forever, but without faith one can never learn.

You asked me to prove God loves us more than Satan does. Satan is the one who would have you in hell with him. For God not only loves us more, He is Love.

If you are a new covenant christian why do you defend anything in the old testament?

The removal of the old testament from the bible improves your religion 10 fold.
First off Christianity is not a religion. Coming to Christ is not based upon religiosity.

The Old Testament is as much about the Christ as is the New. In part it is the foretelling of the coming of the Christ and setting up the circumstance so as to destroy the works of Satan and vanity. It also is the letter of that which would later come in the Spirit. The Old Testament also is therefore needed to establish all men as sinners. Why? So that in the New Testament sins can be forgiven and mercy prevail. So as to take away the inclination of one man to condemn another for sin without condemning himself. Why must this happen this way? So that men acknowledge that we find fault in others when in fact we also have faults. Finally, the sanctifying of our minds and hearts can begin even as we come to see that the Christ is our perfect goodness and He dwells in us by faith through grace.

Consider: Holiness is defined as pure and unadulterated. What is Holy needs neither to be added to, nor taken away from. Pity the mind and heart that finds fault with that which is Holy, for in truth it is his mind and heart are that are defiled. If in our convictions our maker is unholy, what does that make us? But if in our convictions our Maker is Holy, what does that make us? Morality is how we treat our fellow man. Every man has an image of god upon which he reasons all his moral choices. Watch a man's moral choices and you will see his image of god. The Christ is the True Image of God sent by God so as to destroy all false images. If you believe that God is like this man who suffered a cross and forgave those who crucified him, your moral Spirit will become like His and your love will be pure and without vanity. This is how the children of God are born and that is why we need the Old Testament.
03-05-2013, 09:07 PM
(03-05-2013 09:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 07:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If you are a new covenant christian why do you defend anything in the old testament?

The removal of the old testament from the bible improves your religion 10 fold.
First off Christianity is not a religion. Coming to Christ is not based upon religiosity.

The Old Testament is as much about the Christ as is the New. In part it is the foretelling of the coming of the Christ and setting up the circumstance so as to destroy the works of Satan and vanity. It also is the letter of that which would later come in the Spirit. The Old Testament also is therefore needed to establish all men as sinners. Why? So that in the New Testament sins can be forgiven and mercy prevail. So as to take away the inclination of one man to condemn another for sin without condemning himself. Why must this happen this way? So that men acknowledge that we find fault in others when in fact we also have faults. Finally, the sanctifying of our minds and hearts can begin even as we come to see that the Christ is our perfect goodness and He dwells in us by faith through grace.

Consider: Holiness is defined as pure and unadulterated. What is Holy needs neither to be added to, nor taken away from. Pity the mind and heart that finds fault with that which is Holy, for in truth it is his mind and heart are that are defiled. If in our convictions our maker is unholy, what does that make us? But if in our convictions our Maker is Holy, what does that make us? Morality is how we treat our fellow man. Every man has an image of god upon which he reasons all his moral choices. Watch a man's moral choices and you will see his image of god. The Christ is the True Image of God sent by God so as to destroy all false images. If you believe that God is like this man who suffered a cross and forgave those who crucified him, your moral Spirit will become like His and your love will be pure and without vanity. This is how the children of God are born and that is why we need the Old Testament.

If it isn't a religion can your churchs and ministers start paying taxes?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
03-05-2013, 09:08 PM
(03-05-2013 09:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  First off Christianity is not a religion.

Bwahahahahahaha wow really? You can't be that stupid. Christianity is damn near every religion that was around from about 3 BCE until 700 CE it borrows traditions holy days saints stories from all the old pagan religions and is itself nothing but a set of beliefs. That my friend is a religion.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:Watch a man's moral choices and you will see his image of god.

You are quite aware of my image of god, yet I submit to you that my standard of morality is quite higher than most christians I know.

So what does that prove?

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
(03-05-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:Of course Satan wants worship. You yourself give him praise by saying he loves us more than God who is Love.

[quote]Yeah.....but nah.
I see more hypocrisy here. At least yeah came first.
Quote: I simply believe you're wrong. It just makes too much sense that god would lay the trap so that he could have his way with us.
But this only proves what I have said. You don't trust your own maker. His image in your mind is a corrupt image of god whose intentions are malevolent. Yet you think you are better than your maker who made you. Hypocritical thinking.
Quote: I'm sorry that you've been tricked by him into believing that he is love. He is not love, he is hypocrisy. The greatest trick god ever played is convincing mankind that he actually gives a flying horses ass about us.
Your image of god needs some work. Satans' false image and slander of God is still active in your reasoning.

At any rate, your reasoning is what is hypocritical. You cannot claim that God is up to no good so as to justify that He does not even exist.