the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: the God term
(03-05-2013 09:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 09:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  First off Christianity is not a religion.

Bwahahahahahaha wow really? You can't be that stupid. Christianity is damn near every religion that was around from about 3 BCE until 700 CE it borrows traditions holy days saints stories from all the old pagan religions and is itself nothing but a set of beliefs. That my friend is a religion.
You are correct in describing the false christianity as religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
(03-05-2013 09:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:Of course Satan wants worship. You yourself give him praise by saying he loves us more than God who is Love.

[quote]Yeah.....but nah.
I see more hypocrisy here. At least yeah came first.
Quote: I simply believe you're wrong. It just makes too much sense that god would lay the trap so that he could have his way with us.
But this only proves what I have said. You don't trust your own maker. His image in your mind is a corrupt image of god whose intentions are malevolent. Yet you think you are better than your maker who made you. Hypocritical thinking.
Quote: I'm sorry that you've been tricked by him into believing that he is love. He is not love, he is hypocrisy. The greatest trick god ever played is convincing mankind that he actually gives a flying horses ass about us.
Your image of god needs some work. Satans' false image and slander of God is still active in your reasoning.

At any rate, your reasoning is what is hypocritical. You cannot claim that God is up to no good so as to justify that He does not even exist.

Hee hee! Big Grin

He thinks I'm serious. Tongue

Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 09:35 PM
(03-05-2013 08:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  You asked me to prove God loves us more than Satan does. Satan is the one who would have you in hell with him. For God not only loves us more, He is Love.

The best minds will tell you that when a man has begotten a child he is morally bound to tenderly care for it, protect it from hurt, shield it from disease, clothe it, feed it, bear with its waywardness, lay no hand upon it save in kindness and for its own good, and never in any case inflict upon it a wanton cruelty. God's treatment of his earthly children, every day and every night, is the exact opposite of all that, yet those best minds warmly justify these crimes, condone them, excuse them, and indignantly refuse to regard them as crimes at all, when he commits them.
- Letters from the Earth

You readily fall into Twain's category of those that justify, condone, excuse and refuse "God's wanton cuelty", all except for the "best minds" part that is.
I find it better to be thankful for the least of things that God bestows than complain all the time of what He does not give me. As far as I'm concerned, God treats me great. He even gives me the place from which to hope for better.
03-05-2013, 09:38 PM
(03-05-2013 09:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The best minds will tell you that when a man has begotten a child he is morally bound to tenderly care for it, protect it from hurt, shield it from disease, clothe it, feed it, bear with its waywardness, lay no hand upon it save in kindness and for its own good, and never in any case inflict upon it a wanton cruelty. God's treatment of his earthly children, every day and every night, is the exact opposite of all that, yet those best minds warmly justify these crimes, condone them, excuse them, and indignantly refuse to regard them as crimes at all, when he commits them.
- Letters from the Earth

You readily fall into Twain's category of those that justify, condone, excuse and refuse "God's wanton cuelty", all except for the "best minds" part that is.
I find it better to be thankful for the least of things that God bestows than complain all the time of what He does not give me. As far as I'm concerned, God treats me great. He even gives me the place from which to hope for better.

If you were never exposed to god of any type you would be an atheist.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
(03-05-2013 08:44 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  The sad thing is no matter what act of evil god did, this person would find a way to say that it proves god is love.
You make a good point. To me everything does prove God is Love. Consequently Love is often a sweet sorrow.
03-05-2013, 09:42 PM
(03-05-2013 09:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:44 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  The sad thing is no matter what act of evil god did, this person would find a way to say that it proves god is love.
You make a good point. To me everything does prove God is Love. Consequently Love is often a sweet sorrow.

No.

If you didn't know god what about your life would change.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
03-05-2013, 09:43 PM
(03-05-2013 09:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  

So.....the starving children in impoverished parts of the world who will never know compassion, mercy, comfort or anything of your fortunate life proves god is love.

Sounds reasonable.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 09:47 PM
(03-05-2013 09:38 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 09:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  I find it better to be thankful for the least of things that God bestows than complain all the time of what He does not give me. As far as I'm concerned, God treats me great. He even gives me the place from which to hope for better.

If you were never exposed to god of any type you would be an atheist.
It depends on how one views the term "god\God\gods". You are really no different than me. You have a view of what is right and wrong just like everyone else. Where does this come from? We all want to love and be loved. When the term god is based upon a superstition, the term gains a bad reputation.
03-05-2013, 10:17 PM
(03-05-2013 09:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 09:38 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If you were never exposed to god of any type you would be an atheist.
It depends on how one views the term "god\God\gods". You are really no different than me. You have a view of what is right and wrong just like everyone else. Where does this come from? We all want to love and be loved. When the term god is based upon a superstition, the term gains a bad reputation.

It comes evolution

-Baron d'Holbach-
03-05-2013, 10:21 PM
(03-05-2013 09:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 09:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  You make a good point. To me everything does prove God is Love. Consequently Love is often a sweet sorrow.

So.....the starving children in impoverished parts of the world who will never know compassion, mercy, comfort or anything of your fortunate life proves god is love.

Sounds reasonable.
You have spoken sentiments of compassion here. I hope you dwell upon those things and ask God why? You are not the first to want to say there is no God because we see such suffering. It is right that you care. Perhaps one day you will get your answer. I have had all mine answered, but each man must find God in their own way and for themselves unto their sincere satisfaction.

Your answer for now is simply, He's not there rather than asking, why is He not there? The atheist will do something about the suffering just like a true Christian will. Even Jesus said, why pray for God to help the suffering while you do nothing? All I'm saying is God is Love and He is inside of you. Everytime you care and you do something about it, He is living in you and through you. Everytime you act upon your Loving inclinations good things happen and their is less suffering. But when you say, "it is I and not God", then you have stepped into the thinking that is vanity and your love will become impure. In my understanding, those who think this way, will only become more and more self-righteous.