the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 02:12 PM
RE: the God term
(04-05-2013 02:01 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Where did our theist go?

Observing the Sabbath? Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Sabbath bump

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
04-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Maybe he finally shoo'd....

I don't understsnd how many different ways he can keep saying the same thing.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-05-2013, 07:12 PM
(04-05-2013 06:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Maybe he finally shoo'd....

Well, to be honest he hasn't really said anything differently throughout this entire thread.

~ Umberto Eco
04-05-2013, 07:23 PM
(04-05-2013 07:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 06:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Maybe he finally shoo'd....

Well, to be honest he hasn't really said anything differently throughout this entire thread.

Nope, he hasn't just keeps saying the same thing. I think he must be pretty bored or something.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-05-2013, 07:41 PM
(04-05-2013 07:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 07:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, to be honest he hasn't really said anything differently throughout this entire thread.

Nope, he hasn't just keeps saying the same thing. I think he must be pretty bored or something.

You can tell he's bored by all the mental masturbation he does.

I prefer the real thing. Thumbsup

~ Umberto Eco
04-05-2013, 07:43 PM
(04-05-2013 07:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 07:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Nope, he hasn't just keeps saying the same thing. I think he must be pretty bored or something.

You can tell he's bored by all the mental masturbation he does.

I wouldn't celebrate too quickly. It's only been 1 day. Now if in a couple of weeks he's not back then we can figure he's gone.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I certainly hope he didn't leave us all alone.

We need some entertainment.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-05-2013, 08:00 PM
(04-05-2013 07:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 07:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You can tell he's bored by all the mental masturbation he does.

I wouldn't celebrate too quickly. It's only been 1 day. Now if in a couple of weeks he's not back then we can figure he's gone.

I don't want you guys to lose your edge so for now I'll be the stand-in to keep you guys sharp!

OK here I go, I'm now ChildCircle or better yet EyeFull Big Grin

Each man must have a Truth, my Truth er, wait...each man must have Truthiness to have a late night show...nope...having trouble with this. OK, got it!

I liken Spiritual Truth to that actual reality that recognizes Love as the goodness in mankind and consequently that this Love is bigger than just one person. To cherish love would be the consequence of such knowledge. Conversely ignorance of this reality would produce a spirit in a person that is contrary to Love and therefore immoral to some degree as per one's ignorance.

Better?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
(04-05-2013 08:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 07:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I wouldn't celebrate too quickly. It's only been 1 day. Now if in a couple of weeks he's not back then we can figure he's gone.

I don't want you guys to lose your edge so for now I'll be the stand-in to keep you guys sharp!

OK here I go, I'm now ChildCircle or better yet EyeFull Big Grin

Each man must have a Truth, my Truth er, wait...each man must have Truthiness to have a late night show...nope...having trouble with this. OK, got it!

I liken Spiritual Truth to that actual reality that recognizes Love as the goodness in mankind and consequently that this Love is bigger than just one person. To cherish love would be the consequence of such knowledge. Conversely ignorance of this reality would produce a spirit in a person that is contrary to Love and therefore immoral to some degree as per one's ignorance.

Better?

It was alright. Try again, this time being a bit more ambiguous about what you are claiming.

And you need to say the word love more.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post