the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 09:07 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
(04-05-2013 08:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I liken Spiritual Truth to that actual reality that recognizes Love as the goodness in mankind and consequently that this Love is bigger than just one person. To cherish love would be the consequence of such knowledge. Conversely ignorance of this reality would produce a spirit in a person that is contrary to Love and therefore immoral to some degree as per one's ignorance.

Better?
I like this. I would suggest faith in Love has been left out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 09:05 PM
(04-05-2013 09:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 08:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I don't want you guys to lose your edge so for now I'll be the stand-in to keep you guys sharp!

OK here I go, I'm now ChildCircle or better yet EyeFull Big Grin

Each man must have a Truth, my Truth er, wait...each man must have Truthiness to have a late night show...nope...having trouble with this. OK, got it!

I liken Spiritual Truth to that actual reality that recognizes Love as the goodness in mankind and consequently that this Love is bigger than just one person. To cherish love would be the consequence of such knowledge. Conversely ignorance of this reality would produce a spirit in a person that is contrary to Love and therefore immoral to some degree as per one's ignorance.

Better?

It was alright. Try again, this time being a bit more ambiguous about what you are claiming.

And you need to say the word love more.
Love, love, love, love, love. And don't forget, Love is God.
04-05-2013, 09:14 PM
(03-05-2013 11:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 11:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  Then why do we see wars and greed and the fight for power? To co-operate men have to agree and believe in the same cause. There must be one Truth that can live in every man without dissent. Not many truths competing to prove they are the one's who should be in charge.

Because along side co-operation is greed.
ie: I'll co-operate with you to kill this guy as to better our standing.

This guy has 2, I have 2, you have 2. We could all co-operate and and have two, or me and you could team up and kill him and take his 2 and have 3 each.

childeye: "But then why isn't there only 1 person left standing"

Because if we both have 3 and we attack eachother we are even and so would kill eachother. aka, it's worth more to co-operate then to attack each other.

That's how the world operates on a very basic scale. No God required.
Yes but you've reversed the term co-operate to a sinister end and didn't realize that these two co-operators will never turn their backs on the other. Faith is a vital component to Love and you are only making my point for me.
04-05-2013, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 09:23 PM by Full Circle.)
(04-05-2013 09:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 08:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I liken Spiritual Truth to that actual reality that recognizes Love as the goodness in mankind and consequently that this Love is bigger than just one person. To cherish love would be the consequence of such knowledge. Conversely ignorance of this reality would produce a spirit in a person that is contrary to Love and therefore immoral to some degree as per one's ignorance.

Better?
I like this. I would suggest faith in Love has been left out.

That's your problem, I copied and pasted your own words from page 7 or something! Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-05-2013, 09:18 PM
(04-05-2013 06:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Maybe he finally shoo'd....

I don't understsnd how many different ways he can keep saying the same thing.
Of course I've been saying the same thing many different ways. Because the term God is meant to mean an absolute not a superstition.
04-05-2013, 09:19 PM
(04-05-2013 09:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 11:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because along side co-operation is greed.
ie: I'll co-operate with you to kill this guy as to better our standing.

This guy has 2, I have 2, you have 2. We could all co-operate and and have two, or me and you could team up and kill him and take his 2 and have 3 each.

childeye: "But then why isn't there only 1 person left standing"

Because if we both have 3 and we attack eachother we are even and so would kill eachother. aka, it's worth more to co-operate then to attack each other.

That's how the world operates on a very basic scale. No God required.
Yes but you've reversed the term co-operate to a sinister end and didn't realize that these two co-operators will never turn their backs on the other. Faith is a vital component to Love and you are only making my point for me.

Reading comprehension must be hard for you.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
04-05-2013, 09:20 PM
(04-05-2013 09:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 09:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  I like this. I would suggest faith in Love has been left out.

That's your problem, I copied and pasted your own words from like page 2 or something! Yes
Oh I see. Well that would make sense.
04-05-2013, 09:22 PM
(04-05-2013 09:19 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 09:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes but you've reversed the term co-operate to a sinister end and didn't realize that these two co-operators will never turn their backs on the other. Faith is a vital component to Love and you are only making my point for me.

Reading comprehension must be hard for you.
When deciphering some sentiments, yes.
04-05-2013, 09:24 PM
(04-05-2013 07:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 06:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Maybe he finally shoo'd....

I don't understsnd how many different ways he can keep saying the same thing.

Well, to be honest he hasn't really said anything differently throughout this entire thread.
Only honest people can see the Truth.
04-05-2013, 09:34 PM
(04-05-2013 09:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 07:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, to be honest he hasn't really said anything differently throughout this entire thread.
Only honest people can see the Truth.

And there you go. Putting yourself on a pedestal above us lowly, dishonest atheists.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco