the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: the God term
(06-05-2013 06:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 06:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  I don't get what you're talking about? Who is convincing people not to protect themselves? Protection from what? I've asked all the questions I can think of and had them answered. Bottom line, Love is good. We're all going to die, may as well go out loving.

Laughat

Go out loving? Or die in a life of servitude to your own imagination?
As my mind imagines that Love is servitude to the welfare and health of the community, yes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 06:45 PM
(06-05-2013 05:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 04:42 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You really don't know how to reconcile all of that bloodshed and death done in the name of your god and in the name of your religion.
Would you just simply disregard their actions and say they weren't really christians if they behaved this way.

NO, NOT AT ALL. This is how christians behave. This is what they do.

If you are not WITH us, then you are AGAINST us.
If you are with us, you go to HEAVEN. If you are against us, you go to HELL.

It's a cult of absolutes.
"Our god is absolutely the most powerful, the most knowledgeable, the most wise, the most loving, the most kind and if you don't believe this, he can also be the most cruel, vindictive, horrific destroyer of life. So, are you with US ?"

Christ is like the Mafia boss who only has your best interests at heart.
He doesn't want you or your family to get hurt, but if you don't trust in the protection that the mafia boss wants to offer you, some very bad things could happen.
Of course I can reconcile all that has been done in His name. Even as I can easily understand how religion crucified the Christ that religion was supposed to be representing.

Respectfully, you atheists seem to twist the reasoning to always end up on the wrong end of the equation. Hence you say, "if you are not with us you are against us" like it's meant to be some kind of carnal war cry. That isn't what the Christ meant at all when he said, "If you are not for me you're against me". His Christ words are about a spiritual warfare which carnal minded people can't even see. He's drawing a line in the sand saying, all of you who are for Love, stand with me. To stand with the Christ is no different than deciding Love is good. That is an absolute, and not a cult of absolutes. The fact there is a spiritual warfare only exploits the fact that wicked men would politicize the purest of Spirits and that which is God in each and every man, Love...

As for hell, I believe it is that place where people are, who never learn to trust in the Holy God that is Love. Hence the fire is that Truth that burns forever, but without faith one can ever learn. They are like men following an eternal line trying to prove it ends and will never find rest.

God’s Righteous Judgment

2 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Then by your own law, you have no right to say anything. In order to believe you need to judge things. To evaluate them.

To come to the conclusion god is love you had to judge god first.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
06-05-2013, 06:53 PM
(06-05-2013 06:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 06:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Laughat

Go out loving? Or die in a life of servitude to your own imagination?
As my mind imagines that Love is servitude to the welfare and health of the community, yes.

I love how you finally said something like an atheist.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
06-05-2013, 06:53 PM
06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
(06-05-2013 06:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 06:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  As my mind imagines that Love is servitude to the welfare and health of the community, yes.

I love how you finally said something like an atheist.
That's good, because I have said all along there is one Truth that can live in all men. It is Love.
06-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:Yes, as I told you, I judged Love is goodness. And I judge that Truth reveals hypocrisy.

And we've told you that we also judge love as goodness. Point taken. I'm not sure where you think that any of us have been hypocritical in any way.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
06-05-2013, 07:09 PM
(06-05-2013 07:05 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:Yes, as I told you, I judged Love is goodness. And I judge that Truth reveals hypocrisy.

And we've told you that we also judge love as goodness. Point taken. I'm not sure where you think that any of us have been hypocritical in any way.
I've said where you have been hypocritical. You don't believe God is Love when Love is God to everyone, as in Thee only True God that can live in all men, Love.
06-05-2013, 07:14 PM

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
06-05-2013, 07:25 PM
the God term
(06-05-2013 04:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  Consequently I am extremely grateful for a Judge that exists in my reasoning, that is a True and higher moral righteousness than my own. This gives me the beautiful gift of humility which prepares in me a pure and sincere honesty. And it is a wonderful place to be in, a cleansing of the conscience without any fear of who I am, because He is my Maker, and I trust Him more than myself. All I need do is be honest and let my Lord fix me that my mind not be nothing but vain thoughts and my words stupidity.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that without the belief in your deity this would necessarily be the result?
06-05-2013, 07:32 PM
(06-05-2013 07:14 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 06:53 PM)childeye Wrote:  God’s Righteous Judgment

2 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Yes of course we all judge and even judge whether or not to judge everytime we judge. But if you notice in the scripture, this judgment is about condemning others whom in God's eyes we are no better than.

Yes, as I told you, I judged Love is goodness. And I judge that Truth reveals hypocrisy.

If we cannot judge others then by what right do we have laws?
Jesus said, Even though I judge, I judge righteously. That is, without hypocrisy. As Jesus correctly surmised and proclaimed, that laws were meant to serve men and not men serve the law. Therefore by the right of Love we are supposed to have laws that serve the common Good for all men. But the ways of this world are not by faith and the system of law is corrupt with judges that don't even do as they expect others to do. Jesus himself was crucified according to the law by people unfit to administer proper judgment. Where upon he forgave all because of mankinds blindness to our hypocrisy, saying forgive them Father for they know not what they do.