the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: the God term
(06-05-2013 08:03 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 07:58 PM)childeye Wrote:  Indeed we must judge people and to address hypocritical judgment the people we must judge is ourselves. For whatever measure of judgment we use for others, the same measure must be used against us. The merciful will receive mercy. Honesty and humility will see the Truth.

I'm starting to think you are lovingly insane.

Perhaps lovingly inane? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-05-2013, 08:26 PM
06-05-2013, 08:30 PM
(06-05-2013 08:03 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 07:58 PM)childeye Wrote:  Indeed we must judge people and to address hypocritical judgment the people we must judge is ourselves. For whatever measure of judgment we use for others, the same measure must be used against us. The merciful will receive mercy. Honesty and humility will see the Truth.

I'm starting to think you are lovingly insane.
I can sense you are being completely lovingly honest in that assessment.
06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:What logical reasoning reasons without an absolute Truth upon which to referance right and wrong?

Mine.

Quote:But I have described it as Love. And you agree Love is real.

Non sequitur.

Quote:I wonder if your method of calculating the probabilities are more like counting religions and the more there are, the less likely God as Love is real.

Nope, not my method.

Quote:That everyman must have an absolute which guides his moral reasoning. It is hypocritical to say he doesn't. Mine is a divine Love seen in the Christ. What's yours?

We all gonna die. Let's have a good damn time while we're here because it won't last long. And try to leave the place a little better for the guy in line behind you. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
06-05-2013, 08:36 PM
(06-05-2013 04:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 03:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If god is love can homosexuals get married?
The commandment of my Lord is that I Love others as I would want to be loved. I want you to try and relate with me here. When as a believer in God I seek to distinguish right from wrong, Truth from lies, I am answering to Him Who exists and sees all the intentions and the secrets of the hearts of men, those things which men don't even see in themselves. That which is hypocrisy. If you can imagine that as an atheist, I would please like to know. Consequently I am extremely grateful for a Judge that exists in my reasoning, that is a True and higher moral righteousness than my own. This gives me the beautiful gift of humility which prepares in me a pure and sincere honesty. And it is a wonderful place to be in, a cleansing of the conscience without any fear of who I am, because He is my Maker, and I trust Him more than myself. All I need do is be honest and let my Lord fix me that my mind not be nothing but vain thoughts and my words stupidity.

Personally Love tells me I wish the gay couple the best.
Here's your answer out of the bible:

Romans 2:1

New International Version (NIV)

God’s Righteous Judgment

2 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

A perfect example of Paul using the law when it was convenient, and not when it wasn't. He said they were freed from the law, except when they weren't.
Weeping
Good job, making a fool of your cult, Childish.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-05-2013, 08:47 PM
(06-05-2013 08:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 04:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  The commandment of my Lord is that I Love others as I would want to be loved. I want you to try and relate with me here. When as a believer in God I seek to distinguish right from wrong, Truth from lies, I am answering to Him Who exists and sees all the intentions and the secrets of the hearts of men, those things which men don't even see in themselves. That which is hypocrisy. If you can imagine that as an atheist, I would please like to know. Consequently I am extremely grateful for a Judge that exists in my reasoning, that is a True and higher moral righteousness than my own. This gives me the beautiful gift of humility which prepares in me a pure and sincere honesty. And it is a wonderful place to be in, a cleansing of the conscience without any fear of who I am, because He is my Maker, and I trust Him more than myself. All I need do is be honest and let my Lord fix me that my mind not be nothing but vain thoughts and my words stupidity.

Personally Love tells me I wish the gay couple the best.
Here's your answer out of the bible:

Romans 2:1

New International Version (NIV)

God’s Righteous Judgment

2 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

A perfect example of Paul using the law when it was convenient, and not when it wasn't. He said they were freed from the law, except when they weren't.
Weeping
Just because I don't want to be a hypocrite, you think I'm a fool? What a weird conclusion of reasoning.

So bucky ball, ever think that the law was the lowest form of righteousness, don't murder, don't steal etc... Love transcends the law. Love doesn't murder or steal. There are no laws against Love. There is no law for those who walk in Love, and yet they fulfill the law.
06-05-2013, 08:57 PM
(06-05-2013 08:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:What logical reasoning reasons without an absolute Truth upon which to referance right and wrong?

[quote]Mine.
Yeah, your Love.

Quote:But I have described it as Love. And you agree Love is real.

Quote:Non sequitur.
God is the supreme moral authority, as is Love. Sequitur.

Quote: And try to leave the place a little better for the guy in line behind you. Thumbsup
Sounds like Love to me.
06-05-2013, 09:00 PM
(06-05-2013 08:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 08:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A perfect example of Paul using the law when it was convenient, and not when it wasn't. He said they were freed from the law, except when they weren't.
Weeping
Just because I don't want to be a hypocrite, you think I'm a fool? What a weird conclusion of reasoning.

So bucky ball, ever think that the law was the lowest form of righteousness, don't murder, don't steal etc... Love transcends the law. Love doesn't murder or steal. There are no laws against Love. There is no law for those who walk in Love, and yet they fulfill the law.

Atheism is love and love is atheism.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
06-05-2013, 09:01 PM
mrblflmdbrd....

sorry, I had to remove my palm from my face....

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-05-2013, 09:09 PM
(06-05-2013 09:00 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 08:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  Just because I don't want to be a hypocrite, you think I'm a fool? What a weird conclusion of reasoning.

Atheism is love and love is atheism.
So no God= Love? How about empathy is believing that God is not Love? How about kindness is to not let Love be God. I know, I wept so hard for those starving people because I was so moved with atheism.