the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 11:25 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: the God term
(07-05-2013 08:36 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 07:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes my words would be spoken out of ignorance without Truth even as I can look back and see my prior ignorance from when I was young to now when I am old. I have said many vain and stupid things. I would say that is probably true for every person.

Forgive me if I am simply misunderstanding you again, but the only logical conclusion I seem to come to is that you believe our words are vain and stupid. Do I have that right?

I think he does. I also think Ce is typical in that regard. Most christains like to claim the moral high ground based on their belief. Their eyes are so closed to simple fact they seem to think being vain, arrogant or smug is ok -- Because of their belief. This guy spouting god is love is no different than the Muslim or the Hindu. They all kinda more or less believe their god loves them and hates everyone else who doesn't.

What's really scary is that if he "truly" believed that god wanted him to do something completely stupid he'd probably do it because it's what god wanted.

Deep down tho, I think Ce is scared. I think that's why christians will say they have a personal relationship with god. You could no more have a personal relationship with a rock.

But they believe that god created everything just for them -- arrogant. Especially when we can watch (somewhat) the birth of new solar systems. We can look back billions of years to see our small place in the universe and it was all accomplished without gods. We are learning how random junk in space, comes together and form moons and planets.

But Ce is being disingenuous with his god is love formula. He discounts all the times that love wasn't part of agenda.

Actually, he's got it backward. God isn't love, god demands love of its followers. Blind unyielding love. The more blind, the bettet. Belief in gods makes a lot of sense in the bronze age. But the more we learn about our planet and solar systems the smaller those gods should become. I suppose it would take something large like finding "life" to exist on another planet (not talking little green men from mars -- but an organism).

But there's a lot of money tied to belief. They would rather believe that god created the universe in a huge galactic fart than see the truth, which is actually elegant and wondrous.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-05-2013, 09:31 AM
(07-05-2013 09:27 AM)JAH Wrote:  I quit this thread many pages ago, I make not specific comment. I must however congratulate childeye on their stamina,

It's not stamina. It's just arrogance.

07-05-2013, 09:38 AM
(07-05-2013 09:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 09:27 AM)JAH Wrote:  I quit this thread many pages ago, I make not specific comment. I must however congratulate childeye on their stamina,

It's not stamina. It's just arrogance.

Party at Bucky's when he hits p. 200. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-05-2013, 10:04 AM
(07-05-2013 09:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 09:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's not stamina. It's just arrogance.

Party at Bucky's when he hits p. 200. Weeping

Dunno...he said something about "logging out." But we all know he interprets his own words his own way.

I can hope that it means that he's shoo'd to go sit on more shit and call it truth.

Who knows?

07-05-2013, 10:21 AM
It seems safe now so maybe I am back in. Momsurroundedbyboys, maybe we can waste posts talking about how to navigate 19th Ave. and get this puppy to 200 pages and then get to party at Bucky's.

Or discus where you might move to if you get back to the Bay Area. Anything, let us force Bucky's hand. Although I do not know if I can afford the airfare.

What about a simple discussion of what if childeye is correct. What would you tell the asshole when you met it. Mine would be along the lines of where is the bar and where are the attractive women and why asshole were you not more obvious so that I would have had a reason to believe. Opps maybe I go to hell where I think I may have more fun if being a bit overly warm.
07-05-2013, 10:57 AM
WE WIN!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
07-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Logging out doesn't mean that he can't just lurk.

07-05-2013, 12:27 PM
i think he just meant he was going to bed. Lets hope I'm wrong.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-05-2013, 01:21 PM
(15-04-2013 10:26 AM)childeye Wrote:  I am not aware any scriptural referance in Christianity to a supernatural being.

Ok that's it. This guy is simply a troll.
The party is off. Anyone who keeps talking to this troll can do so if they want to waste their time .We've already been through the fact that even Childish has no moral absolute. No one wants to talk to this fool, so he keeps bumping this thread.
What a complete waste of time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
the God term
(07-05-2013 12:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  i think he just meant he was going to bed. Lets hope I'm wrong.

Indeed. I want an a response to my question about his insinuation that we are all vain and stupid.