the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: the God term
(07-05-2013 01:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:26 AM)childeye Wrote:  I am not aware any scriptural referance in Christianity to a supernatural being.

Ok that's it. This guy is simply a troll.
The party is off. Anyone who keeps talking to this troll can do so if they want to waste their time .We've already been through the fact that even Childish has no moral absolute. No one wants to talk to this fool, so he keeps bumping this thread.
What a complete waste of time.
Whoa, Bucky ball. I am just being honest. Don't hate me for that. The term "supernatural" doesn't appear in scripture as far as I know. So you think I'm a fool. Fine. It won't be the first time I found out I was a fool, but at least correct my foolishness rather than just arbitrarily claim it to be so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 01:36 PM
(06-05-2013 09:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 09:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  

No because atheism is love, and love is not god.
Actually, Atheism is declaring that there is no supreme moral authority, which Love is.
07-05-2013, 01:37 PM
(06-05-2013 09:29 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 09:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  Logging out. Peace and tranquility.

Peace and tranquility is Atheism.
I think I could understand why you would say that.
07-05-2013, 01:38 PM
(07-05-2013 01:34 PM)childeye Wrote:  at least correct my foolishness rather than just arbitrarily claim it to be so.

You make the assumption that that's possible Wink

But kudos for at least paying lip service to the idea that you might learn something from someone here.
07-05-2013, 01:39 PM
(07-05-2013 01:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 09:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  No because atheism is love, and love is not god.
Actually, Atheism is declaring that there is no supreme moral authority, which Love is.

You've got it quite, quite wrong. Obviously you've been talking to the wrong sort of atheist. True Atheists know that Atheism is Love, and Love is not God.

See I even capitalized the relevant letters.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Supernatural:
(of a manifestation or event) Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.

Of course they did not reference the term "supernatural" specifically, that does not mean occurrences within the bible are not supernatural.

I seem to remember tales of god raising people from their graves,
A man healing blindness by slinging mud into sightless peoples faces and otherwise healing other ailments,
Mind reading sky voices,
People who hear voices in their heard which is definitely not schizophrenia rather a voice from the heavens,
Angles descending from the sky,
A goat and a snake which could speak to humans,
Several references to demons and one reference to demon pigs,
The burning bush,
Walking on water,
Converting wine to water,

And lets not forget the biggest of them all, Childeye:

The main character of the NT, Jewsus, is a Lich.
[Image: enhanced-buzz-4883-1333641173-17.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
07-05-2013, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 02:43 PM by childeye.)
(07-05-2013 08:36 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 07:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes my words would be spoken out of ignorance without Truth even as I can look back and see my prior ignorance from when I was young to now when I am old. I have said many vain and stupid things. I would say that is probably true for every person.

Forgive me if I am simply misunderstanding you again, but the only logical conclusion I seem to come to is that you believe our words are vain and stupid. Do I have that right?
Honestly, some things you all say seem to me to be well thought out constructive comments. Other times the comments are shall I say unreasonable. But in fairness, I could be misconstruing those things. For instance, I was told recently that I could not reconcile the atrocities done in the name of my god. I claimed I easily could, and even showed how I did that. No response. I was told that I was a fool, apparrantly for describing how Love defeated hypocrisy in my reasoning. I said that I found it wierd that I would be assessed a fool for not wanting to be a hypocrite. No response. Also sometimes I find it hard to differentiate when people are just having fun with me or they are serious.

But let me just say, that I think everyone here is being honest in their responses according to each and everyone's best knowledge and abilities. Nothing more could I expect nor do I expect. The fact is, some people know more than other people. It's always been that way. Some people are insecure and defensive. Some people are over confident and offensive. That's all understandable. It's no fun being on either end when people feel they are being cut down just because they are shown where they have erred. Nor is it fun when just because someone knows something, they feel inclined to attack you and put you down. That is why dealing with hypocrisy is an issue in our reasoning, and reveals where our moral reasoning is not sound. As a Christian I see this as a spiritual battle between Light and dark, and which power will rule over my will and determine my moral character.
07-05-2013, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 02:44 PM by childeye.)
(07-05-2013 01:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 01:34 PM)childeye Wrote:  at least correct my foolishness rather than just arbitrarily claim it to be so.

You make the assumption that that's possible Wink

But kudos for at least paying lip service to the idea that you might learn something from someone here.
It's not lip service. I would be grateful to anyone who would care enough about me to correct me. Wouldn't you?
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
(07-05-2013 01:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 01:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  Actually, Atheism is declaring that there is no supreme moral authority, which Love is.

You've got it quite, quite wrong. Obviously you've been talking to the wrong sort of atheist. True Atheists know that Atheism is Love, and Love is not God.

See I even capitalized the relevant letters.
Forgive me, but I must assume you are joking.
07-05-2013, 02:34 PM
(07-05-2013 02:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's not lip service. I would be grateful to anyone who would care enough about me to correct me.

OK since I'm a twit and since you seem sincere I'll correct something for ya. I dunno 'bout anyone else but I more or less live my life on the philosophy that no one really knows what the crap is going on. As such it's presumptuous to correct someone, as *you* got no idea, and ridiculous to accept correction, since *they* got no idea. We can share opinions, and that's about it.

Which is not to say that I will act consistently with the stated philosophy at all times or indeed at any time... consistency is not something I strive for Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post