the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: the God term
(07-05-2013 02:29 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 01:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  You've got it quite, quite wrong. Obviously you've been talking to the wrong sort of atheist. True Atheists know that Atheism is Love, and Love is not God.

See I even capitalized the relevant letters.
Forgive me, but I must assume you are joking.

Precisely my opinion of your "True Christians know that God is Love" crud Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 02:37 PM
(07-05-2013 02:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Supernatural:
(of a manifestation or event) Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.

Of course they did not reference the term "supernatural" specifically, that does not mean occurrences within the bible are not supernatural.

I seem to remember tales of god raising people from their graves,
A man healing blindness by slinging mud into sightless peoples faces and otherwise healing other ailments,
Mind reading sky voices,
People who hear voices in their heard which is definitely not schizophrenia rather a voice from the heavens,
Angles descending from the sky,
A goat and a snake which could speak to humans,
Several references to demons and one reference to demon pigs,
The burning bush,
Walking on water,
Converting wine to water,

And lets not forget the biggest of them all, Childeye:

The main character of the NT, Jewsus, is a Lich.
[Image: enhanced-buzz-4883-1333641173-17.jpg]
Yes I get your point. That doesn't change the fact that I was just being honest. I would add that in medieval times a flashlight might have been designated as a supernatural manefestation.
07-05-2013, 02:39 PM
(07-05-2013 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 02:29 PM)childeye Wrote:  Forgive me, but I must assume you are joking.

Precisely my opinion of your "True Christians know that God is Love" crud Big Grin
The difference here is that you know perfectly well I am not joking.
07-05-2013, 02:46 PM
(07-05-2013 02:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  Precisely my opinion of your "True Christians know that God is Love" crud Big Grin
The difference here is that you know perfectly well I am not joking.

I don't. I'm operating on the assumption that you're a troll.

On the off chance that you're not, the Atheism is Love stuff started by fstrat et al is intended to show you how weak and silly the God is Love argument really is, and also how arrogant the "True Christian" argument sounds.
07-05-2013, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 03:04 PM by childeye.)
(07-05-2013 02:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 02:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's not lip service. I would be grateful to anyone who would care enough about me to correct me.

OK since I'm a twit and since you seem sincere I'll correct something for ya. I dunno 'bout anyone else but I more or less live my life on the philosophy that no one really knows what the crap is going on. As such it's presumptuous to correct someone, as *you* got no idea, and ridiculous to accept correction, since *they* got no idea. We can share opinions, and that's about it.

Which is not to say that I will act consistently with the stated philosophy at all times or indeed at any time... consistency is not something I strive for Tongue
Thank you morondog. That was well said. Forgive my use of vulgarity, but I think you have accurately summed up that everyone is full of shit. An honest soul sees the Truth. By the way, those were the last words my Father said just before he passed away, "Everyone is full of shit", and essentially that is what scripture teaches. However, there is a certain effect that happens when we admit this simple Truth. All of a sudden we are not as full of shit as the guy who doesn't have this humbling honesty. Therefore there is a blindness that is hypocritical in judgment who thinks everyone elses shit stinks worse than their own. To overcome this we must admit in all honesty that more is expected of us who see, than of them who don't see. Fundamentally, Christianity is putting up with other peoples shit so as not to be a hypocrite.
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM
(07-05-2013 02:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  That was well said. Forgive my use of vulgarity, but I think you have accurately summed up that everyone is full of shit.
With you up to here. Oh, apart from the vulgarity bit. Didja miss all my posts with naughty words like fuck and piss and stuff in ? Not cunt. For some reason I don't like that one.

Quote:An honest soul sees the Truth. By the way, those were the last words my Father said just before he passed away, and essentially that is what scripture teaches. However, there is a certain effect that happens when we admit this simple Truth. All of a sudden we are not as MOAR full of shit.
Fixed.

Quote: as the guy who doesn't have this humbling honesty. Therefore there is a blindness that is hypocritical in judgment.
All you theist types seem to thing that mumbling stuff like this makes you look clever. WTF does this mean ? You're sure as shit not more humble nor do I find you particularly honest. Not because I've caught you in a lie but because you have all these hang ups about stupid things like swearing and whatnot which are irrelevant, and you seem to say what's in the script in your brain, the "words in your head", word salad, instead of just responding straight off bat with the first thing that comes to mind. It makes it hard to talk to you. It also takes colossal arrogance to decide that you know The Truth, especially based on zero evidence and lots of hot air.

Oh BTW I think you'll gather that it's not necessary to apologize for vulgarity in future Wink
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-05-2013, 03:11 PM
PS, sorry about your Dad.
07-05-2013, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 03:22 PM by Vera.)
(07-05-2013 03:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh BTW I think you'll gather that it's not necessary to apologize for vulgarity in future Wink

Unless he says cunt. Not a fan of this word either.

Also, repeatedly starting one's sentences with "respectfully" is a sure sign that one is about to be as "respectful" as the person who says "to be honest" is going to be honest. Like others have said - careful with that high moral ground, you might break your neck one of these days.

Oh, and another thing: are scientists full of shit, too? 'Cause if they are, how come you're able to spread your brand of shit all over the world?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-05-2013, 03:16 PM
(07-05-2013 02:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 02:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  The difference here is that you know perfectly well I am not joking.

I don't. I'm operating on the assumption that you're a troll.

On the off chance that you're not, the Atheism is Love stuff started by fstrat et al is intended to show you how weak and silly the God is Love argument really is, and also how arrogant the "True Christian" argument sounds.
I think I've got this troll thing figured out. You mean trolling as in fishing. I explained that I don't do that since according to Jesus no man can come to Christ without God doing it. What I do is simply be myself and try to speak honestly and forthrightly.

I fail to see any coherent argument coming from fsrat zero that shows any weakness in my point that God is Love. "Atheism is Love" seems more like mockery.
Nothing to be taken seriously. With all due respect, you should just go ahead and say "Atheism is God" and complete the hypocrisy your reasoning is headed towards.
07-05-2013, 03:18 PM
(07-05-2013 03:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  Unless he says cunt. Not a fan of this word either.

Also, repeatedly starting one's sentences with "respectfully" is a sure sign that one is about to be as "respectful" as the person who says "to be honest" is going to be honest. Like others have said - carefully with that high moral ground, you might break your neck one of these days.
Ah, but the joy of TTA is that even if he sayeth the dread word, it's *everyone else*'s problem if they get all offended by it Smile As it should be.

And TBH I use TBH quite a lot Tongue And I think I'm super duper honest. Not quite honest enough to know The Truth, but mucho honesto. Very very very honest. And handsome Tongue