the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: the God term
(15-04-2013 10:24 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I'd also need you to define your god. Finally, I'd need you to explain why the proof and evidence of other religions is not acceptable, but yours is.

I define thee God as a moral absolute as in the Eternal Spirit of Love. The reason I am a Christian is because I believe Jesus is the true Image of that Love seen in a man. No other images of god known to manklind carry the same testimony of the Christ. You seek proof. That is easy to provide. The Jewish people are the only people in the history of the world, that we are aware of, that are both an ethnicity and a religion. They say they exist and were created as such for one purpose. To bring forth the One True Image of God to mankind. This Christ would be known because he would be rejected by his own people and yet believed upon by much of the rest of the world. These events, are in all honesty a foregone matter. But the reason I believe in the Christ has more to do with what he did and said. I find the Truth he spoke as agreeing with that which I know about Love. No other religious belief in the world can claim the same roots, nor do they have the testimony of the Christ.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 11:00 AM
(15-04-2013 10:13 AM)childeye Wrote:  . So How does and Atheist define god?

I don't. I'm sure you have a lovely definition tho.

Shoo fly

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2013, 11:01 AM
(15-04-2013 10:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:40 AM)childeye Wrote:  I don't consider the bible as a Holy thing, nor does scripture testify to it being so. The scripture you quote does not use the term "supernatural". I view the term God as a moral absolute. Consequently the fact there exists a universe points to the fact that somehow it got here.

Since morality is relative, not absolute, then there is no god.

I am an atheist and I have no concept of god.
Do you believe in Treating others as you would want to be treated? Do you have no concept of empathy for others? If you do, then you know God.
15-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Consider

The god-term started maybe around the 100th century BCE and ended on November 24, 1859 CE.

That's a pretty good run but his / her / their term is over now and they cannot stand for re-election.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
15-04-2013, 11:04 AM
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:24 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I'd also need you to define your god. Finally, I'd need you to explain why the proof and evidence of other religions is not acceptable, but yours is.

I define thee God as a moral absolute as in the Eternal Spirit of Love. The reason I am a Christian is because I believe Jesus is the true Image of that Love seen in a man. No other images of god known to manklind carry the same testimony of the Christ. You seek proof. That is easy to provide. The Jewish people are the only people in the history of the world, that we are aware of, that are both an ethnicity and a religion. They say they exist and were created as such for one purpose. To bring forth the One True Image of God to mankind. This Christ would be known because he would be rejected by his own people and yet believed upon by much of the rest of the world. These events, are in all honesty a foregone matter. But the reason I believe in the Christ has more to do with what he did and said. I find the Truth he spoke as agreeing with that which I know about Love. No other religious belief in the world can claim the same roots, nor do they have the testimony of the Christ.

Asshole. "Semetic" also refers to Arabs. Where's your god now? Tongue

What you got going on is called "conformation bias." Look it up. Learn something.

Meanwhile, atheists do not define god, as been mentioned. The atheist dismisses the theistic definition, not the "spirit" of that which is defined. And what is defined?

Tao is the essence of motion.
God is the essence of creation.

Thus, there is no reason for dogma. For we all create, upon the canvas of reality. We call that, "what is."

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-04-2013, 11:04 AM
(15-04-2013 11:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:13 AM)childeye Wrote:  . So How does and Atheist define god?

I don't. I'm sure you have a lovely definition tho.

Shoo fly
What is hard to understand for me is how an atheist cannot believe in what they cannot define. Just as I can't say I believe or don't believe in something if I don't know what it is.
15-04-2013, 11:05 AM
(15-04-2013 11:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Consider

The god-term started maybe around the 100th century BCE and ended on November 24, 1859 CE.

That's a pretty good run but his / her / their term is over now and they cannot stand for re-election.

Term limits ftw. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-04-2013, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 11:25 AM by DLJ.)
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  ...
The Jewish people are the only people... that are both an ethnicity and a religion.

Ethnicity and a religion are two human constructs, therefore it is a reasonable conclusion that 'gods' are a third.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-04-2013, 11:08 AM
(15-04-2013 11:01 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Since morality is relative, not absolute, then there is no god.

I am an atheist and I have no concept of god.
Do you believe in Treating others as you would want to be treated? Do you have no concept of empathy for others? If you do, then you know God.

Morals do not require a god to exist to exist.

*yawn*

Next.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-04-2013, 11:09 AM
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  The Jewish people are the only people in the history of the world, that we are aware of, that are both an ethnicity and a religion.

Sikh

Celts

Greeks

I could keep going but srsly that is an asinine statement made in ignorance.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post