the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 06:45 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
(07-05-2013 06:20 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  One, you can't define a god as a human emotion. It's meaningless to do that.
It would be like calling a galaxy a tree.

"I'm going to define a galaxy as a tree....WTF ? "

God is not a number or a thing or something felt in your chest.

There is no god. The only thing we are talking about is what you imagine a god to be.
Just your imagination.

That's all we're talking about.
God defined as Love is a universally recognized concept. It is full of meaning. In fact the most meaningful. It's nothing like calling a galaxy a tree.

I realize you feel you are talking about what I imagine God to be. But in fact I believe we all imagine god. Therefore, if anyone here can consider seriously, I would like a question answered. Does the Ahteist ever step outside of themselves and take an objective view of him or her self? Because that objective view is more honest than the subjective view, it is a higher view than our own subjective view. From there we can see how we look to others. I believe all men do this to some extent. Do Atheists do this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 06:41 PM
one more time, bump.
07-05-2013, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 06:49 PM by JAH.)
Childeye, "no one can say what is true". You offer something else. You offer that god is love which implies truth.

I know that it is impossible for you to accept but god/religion is a human construct. It is important for us as humans to understand that.

It is important for us as humans to understand that socially appropriate behavior is not demanded by an outside agency but by human/social need.

Please try another possible reason for belief. You will also be very much challenged but you will be less boring.

Bucky Ball where and when is the party.
07-05-2013, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 06:54 PM by childeye.)
(07-05-2013 06:46 PM)JAH Wrote:  Childeye, "no one can say what is true".
Is this true what you say? Hypocritical reasoning. You don't even agree with yourself.
07-05-2013, 06:53 PM
the God term
(07-05-2013 06:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 06:20 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  One, you can't define a god as a human emotion. It's meaningless to do that.
It would be like calling a galaxy a tree.

"I'm going to define a galaxy as a tree....WTF ? "

God is not a number or a thing or something felt in your chest.

There is no god. The only thing we are talking about is what you imagine a god to be.
Just your imagination.

That's all we're talking about.
God defined as Love is a universally recognized concept.

How could you possibly know this? Recognized by whom? Define universal for us. Do you mean recognized by all humans? Then you are incorrect at least in my case and very likely in the case of many others. Further, how can claim such knowledge? Are you trying to tell us you yourself are omniscient?

(07-05-2013 06:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  It is full of meaning.
Perhaps to you. Not to me. Seemingly not to anyone else in this thread either. Am I just misunderstanding you again? Or are you actually claiming to know what others are thinking?

(07-05-2013 06:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  In fact the most meaningful. It's nothing like calling a galaxy a tree.

I realize you feel you are talking about what I imagine God to be. But in fact I believe we all imagine god. Therefore, if anyone here can consider seriously, I would like a question answered. Does the Ahteist ever step outside of themselves and take an objective view of him or her self? Because that objective view is more honest than the subjective view, it is a higher view than our own subjective view. From there we can see how we look to others. I believe all men do this to some extent. Do Atheists do this?

The irony in this post staggers me.
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
07-05-2013, 07:10 PM
(07-05-2013 06:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  one more time, bump.

Knock off the attention-seeking bullshit.
You have milked this crap to death. Let it go. No one cares.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Bucky Ball, we are now well past your demand of pages. Where is the party.

Childeye, you are well spoken but not particularly inquisitive about yourself and your beliefs. I will leave it at that.

I am out of here until Bucky announces his party. Send me a PM most of this is boring.
07-05-2013, 07:24 PM
07-05-2013, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 07:33 PM by childeye.)
(07-05-2013 07:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 06:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  one more time, bump.

Knock off the attention-seeking bullshit.
You have milked this crap to death. Let it go. No one cares.
If you don't want to participate anymore I understand. I'm sorry to see you go.
07-05-2013, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 07:53 PM by childeye.)
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

I didn't make this up.