the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2013, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 03:34 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
(08-05-2013 02:17 PM)JAH Wrote:  childeye, you second reference to stepping outside ones self to observe again without clear meaning.

If you are trying to imply that the idea of god is a mechanism for doing that, I might ask why has the asshole never made a direct comment. god relies on some human, including you, to define itself. That same human then uses the idea of god to observe themselves. Sound to me like the human is doing all the work why some fiction to help that.

This whole thread is like trying to herd cats. I promised before to abandon ship and ended up lying. I will not lie this time I am otta here. Well I may observe on occasion.

OOOHH MAN. What do I have to do, beg you? Don't go. You are reciprocating with some understanding and progressive responses. This thread wouldn't be like trying to herd cats if the intelligent discourse was not so quickly abandoned so that people can claw and hiss at me.

Look I don't quite understand your response. There are some typos I think, and I want to respond adequately to what appears to be a good question from a valid line of reasoning. Could you please not give up here? Look, maybe you have something better to do. But I've been at this for over two weeks and the real and sincere co-operative responses are usually few and far between. You had me going there.

Your question about why doesn't He make a direct comment is pre-mature. I am only trying to establish that every man creates an image or a likeness of what the term god would mean if God existed as a Supreme moral authority.
It would not be implausible that mankind has a moral ability to correct his own actions or justify them in referance to an undefiled conscience. But if that mechanism were defiled, then his moral correction would be compromised accordingly and his moral reasoning would end up cynical, untrusting, and hypocritical.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Need I bump again?
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:You cannot call knowledge non-existenting.

Not what I said at all. I'm saying that your claim of knowledge is simply false.

Quote: I will hold comment on this until a latter time.

Oh come on, let's hear it. I got my big boy panties on.

Wait, I get it. You've spent over 200 pages regurgitating the same illogical drivel just building up to a big reveal on down the line.

I'll be waiting on bated breath...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I got $5 on childeye quitting before the atheists.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
08-05-2013, 04:09 PM
the God term
(08-05-2013 02:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 02:17 PM)JAH Wrote:  childeye, you second reference to stepping outside ones self to observe again without clear meaning.

If you are trying to imply that the idea of god is a mechanism for doing that, I might ask why has the asshole never made a direct comment. god relies on some human, including you, to define itself. That same human then uses the idea of god to observe themselves. Sound to me like the human is doing all the work why some fiction to help that.

This whole thread is like trying to herd cats. I promised before to abandon ship and ended up lying. I will not lie this time I am otta here. Well I may observe on occasion.

OOOHH MAN. What do I have to do, beg you? Don't go. You are reciprocating with some understanding and progressive responses. This thread wouldn't be like trying to herd cats if the intelligent discourse was not so quickly abandoned so that people can claw and hiss at me.

Look I don't quite understand your response. There are some typos I think, and I want to respond adequately to what appears to be a good question from a valid line of reasoning. Could you please not give up here? Look, maybe you have something better to do. But I've been at this for over two weeks and the real and sincere co-operative responses are usually few and far between. You had me going there.

Your question about why doesn't He make a direct comment is pre-mature. I am only trying to establish that every man creates an image or a likeness of what the term god would mean if God existed as a Supreme moral authority.
It would not be implausible that mankind has a moral ability to correct his own actions or justify them in referance to an undefiled conscience. But if that mechanism were defiled, then his moral correction would be compromised accordingly and his moral reasoning would end up cynical, untrusting, and hypocritical.

Cooperation? What manner of cooperation are you expecting? You still seem more interested in spreading the gospel than in listening to what we have to say. I don't see that as cooperation.

I've yet to see you behave in a way that indicates to me you've come here to learn. Every question you ask is either an opportunity to preach or to point out faults you believe you see in our philosophies. And most of them aren't even questions.

People who come to learn usually ask more and proclaim less, if at all.
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
the God term
(08-05-2013 02:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 11:42 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  And who was there to critique your interpretations of your observations? How do know your conclusions are valid?

What manner of lessons?

What manner of research?
Are you talking about before knowing Christ or after? Are you talking about moral Truth, spiritual interpretation? Carnal knowledge? Or knowledge as a whole?

Pick one.
08-05-2013, 04:14 PM
(08-05-2013 02:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  Need I bump again?

No you don't need to bump again.

There is no need for you to do so because it is obvious to everybody that this thread has accomplished a whole load of fuck all.

While I cannot claim to speak for anybody in the participation in this thread but myself, I must say that it is my assessment that people keep coming back for the fun of it, like giving a little tug on the dogs tail and watching it go around in circles chasing after the offending tail.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-05-2013, 04:16 PM
(08-05-2013 04:09 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  People who come to learn usually ask more and proclaim less, if at all.

BTW CE you might see this as *us* saying *you* must learn from *us*. Is not the case. These discussions are to learn, all of us, from *each other*. You're catching flak 'cos anytime someone expresses an opinion you're like "well you're wrong because". That's not discussion, as the Smurf said, it's preaching. And your reasons are always "God is Love", and so naturally people switch to WTF mode and start asking you questions, and then you start whining.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-05-2013, 04:21 PM
the God term
(08-05-2013 04:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 04:09 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  People who come to learn usually ask more and proclaim less, if at all.

BTW CE you might see this as *us* saying *you* must learn from *us*. Is not the case. These discussions are to learn, all of us, from *each other*. You're catching flak 'cos anytime someone expresses an opinion you're like "well you're wrong because". That's not discussion, as the Smurf said, it's preaching. And your reasons are always "God is Love", and so naturally people switch to WTF mode and start asking you questions, and then you start whining.

Thanks for the friendly reminder MD. You're right. The spirit of discussions here should always be open and egalitarian. Even I may have veered off course a bit. Call me on it if it happens again.
08-05-2013, 04:25 PM
(08-05-2013 04:21 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Thanks for the friendly reminder MD. You're right. The spirit of discussions here should always be open and egalitarian. Even I may have veered off course a bit. Call me on it if it happens again.

I was more just clarifying that calling you out, pretty sure this was what you meant.