the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: the God term
(11-05-2013 07:33 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  Non sequitur. That makes no sense. Since I only know Him as Love I of course must assume He is Loving.

John 10
37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father, Love. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works of Love, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

Confirmation Bias

(also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.
I am definitely bias that Love is good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 07:50 PM
(11-05-2013 06:20 PM)childeye Wrote:  [quote='Momsurroundedbyboys' pid='306917' dateline='1368314752']

Quote:For the millionth time MAN CREATED GOD IN HIS IMAGE (I capitalized everything since you enjoy capitalizing words to make them more true).
This is exactly what God said according to scripture. Hey, the capitals helped.

God, being man's creation, couldn't really say a damn thing. Men wrote it, just like they invented him.

Glad we finally agree.

Now shoo fly. I'm quite satisfied and done.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

11-05-2013, 07:56 PM
(11-05-2013 07:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:33 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Confirmation Bias

(also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.
I am definitely bias that Love is good.

I've provided you with arguments against his "loving" nature.

From he created evil, since he created everything.
He creates people who cannot otherwise be good.
The record of his own behavior, and rules he doesn't have to follow but you are supposed to follow, are a testament to his own hypocrisy.
He does nothing to help people.

According to the World Health Organization, hunger is the single gravest threat to the world's public health. The WHO also states that malnutrition is by far the biggest contributor to child mortality, present in half of all cases. Figures on actual starvation are difficult to come by, but according to the FAO, the less severe condition of undernourishment currently affects about 925 million people, or about 13.5% of the world population.

I've given you reasons why you can't even tell the difference between a god and an advanced inter-dimensional being, or a god with bad intent using the feeling of love as a drug to string you along.

I've also given you situations where love can become a force for evil. Even though you think you are doing good. Lobotomy is a great example, of something thought of as good and helpful that ended up in tragedy.

Even with all these arguments you proceed to claim he is love. Why? How do these things not bother you?

What test have you done to find out if he bears any resemblance to love?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
11-05-2013, 08:25 PM
(11-05-2013 07:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='306939' dateline='1368318014']

Quote:God, being man's creation, couldn't really say a damn thing.

That is exactly what God said.
Quote:Men wrote it, just like they invented him.
No, actually men didn't invent Love.
11-05-2013, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 08:33 PM by fstratzero.)

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
11-05-2013, 08:32 PM
(11-05-2013 07:56 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am definitely bias that Love is good.

I've provided you with arguments against his "loving" nature.

From he created evil, since he created everything.
He creates people who cannot otherwise be good.
The record of his own behavior, and rules he doesn't have to follow but you are supposed to follow, are a testament to his own hypocrisy.
He does nothing to help people.

According to the World Health Organization, hunger is the single gravest threat to the world's public health. The WHO also states that malnutrition is by far the biggest contributor to child mortality, present in half of all cases. Figures on actual starvation are difficult to come by, but according to the FAO, the less severe condition of undernourishment currently affects about 925 million people, or about 13.5% of the world population.

I've given you reasons why you can't even tell the difference between a god and an advanced inter-dimensional being, or a god with bad intent using the feeling of love as a drug to string you along.

I've also given you situations where love can become a force for evil. Even though you think you are doing good. Lobotomy is a great example, of something thought of as good and helpful that ended up in tragedy.

Even with all these arguments you proceed to claim he is love. Why? How do these things not bother you?

What test have you done to find out if he bears any resemblance to love?
I'll have to get to this tommorrow because you have made many points and I wish to address them adequately.
11-05-2013, 08:34 PM
I've never known anything but goodness and that which is pleasing to come from that which is my cock. You all must agree that this demonstrates the fact that my cock is God.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
11-05-2013, 08:35 PM
(11-05-2013 08:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  That is exactly what God said.

Yes actually the term love was was invented by humans to cover a range of emotions.

The English word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from pleasure ("I loved that meal") to interpersonal attraction ("I love my partner"). It can refer to an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment. It can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection—"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another". And it may describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.
I'm not talking about the term Love. Men didn't invent what the term is used to describe.
11-05-2013, 08:40 PM
(11-05-2013 08:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Yes actually the term love was was invented by humans to cover a range of emotions.

The English word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from pleasure ("I loved that meal") to interpersonal attraction ("I love my partner"). It can refer to an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment. It can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection—"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another". And it may describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.
I'm not talking about the term Love. Men didn't invent what the term is used to describe.

The emotions experienced by humans came from natural selection. From nature.

Read my signature.

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
11-05-2013, 09:06 PM
(11-05-2013 08:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 07:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='306939' dateline='1368318014']

Quote:God, being man's creation, couldn't really say a damn thing.

That is exactly what God said.
Quote:Men wrote it, just like they invented him.

Yes men did. Men created god -- god doesn't really exist. Therefore the idea of love, as you understand is man's invention.

Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post