the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 10:57 AM by evenheathen.)
RE: the God term
(12-05-2013 10:22 AM)KVron Wrote:  Would anyone be so kind as to write a summary of this thread?
I don't want/have the time to read 2,265 posts.

Note: You're free to ignore those posts that tried to derail the conversation.

Thank you, I'll be waiting Drinking Beverage

To sum up:

Childeye: Love exists and it's the bestest ever!! God is suppose to be love so I think it proves that He is real!!!

Everyone else: Not really, here's why not.

Childeye: I ignore your arguments and raise you circular word games that, if taken seriously prove that God exists!

Everyone else: We don't take your silly word games as a proof of anything but silly word games.

Childeye: But, yarglblazm!

Drinking Beverage

edit: I see Chas beat me to it. Damn you Chas!! Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
12-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Blesses barbecue bump. AngelDrooling

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-05-2013, 10:37 AM
(12-05-2013 10:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  my husband is grilling marinated meat and chicken for Mother's Day. We're having a thai slaw too....

Sloe Gin Fizzes and Champaign.

He said I won't have to do anything. We'll see. I hope he's right. He's raising the bar for father's day...damn him. So I'm already planning...

I'm thinking of learning to make cannoli.

Thats not that hard, you can even get the shells pre-baked and fill them yourself for semi-homemade. Making the shells can be a bit of a learning curve if you've never made shaped pastries before. Good Luck and enjoy your day MSBB.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-05-2013, 10:40 AM
(12-05-2013 10:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 10:22 AM)KVron Wrote:  Would anyone be so kind as to write a summary of this thread?

childeye: God is Love.
everyone else: No, love is an emotion.
childeye: God is Love. Love is Truth.
everyone else: That's your definition.
everyone else: Love is a human emotion.
childeye: God is Truth is Love.
everyone else: You haven't responded to any of the comments.
everyone else: WTF.

Glad to be of service.

Much appreciated, dear Chas!!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2013, 10:45 AM
(12-05-2013 10:31 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  

To sum up:

Childeye: Love exists and it's the bestest ever!! God is suppose to be love so I think it proves that He is real!!!

Childeye: I ignore your arguments and raise you circular word games that, if taken seriously prove that God exists!

Everyone else: We don't take your silly word games as a proof of anything but silly word games.

Drinking Beverage

Well done.

OK, combine this reply and mine to get a complete picture. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-05-2013, 10:57 AM
(12-05-2013 10:31 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  

To sum up:

Drinking Beverage

yep...

Like his whole "love is good" Which on the surface is fine...but when he starts going on about how love exists because of god...and then says..but you already agree with me.

When I wrote (in caps no less) that man created god in his own image. Childeye said that god said that (I believe god would have said the opposite but whatever -- he repeated that remark twice so it must be true).

Then goes right back to saying love is here because of god....

it truly boggles the mind.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-05-2013, 11:00 AM
(12-05-2013 10:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 10:31 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  To sum up:

Drinking Beverage

yep...

Like his whole "love is good" Which on the surface is fine...but when he starts going on about how love exists because of god...and then says..but you already agree with me.

When I wrote (in caps no less) that man created god in his own image. Childeye said that god said that (I believe god would have said the opposite but whatever -- he repeated that remark twice so it must be true).

Then goes right back to saying love is here because of god....

it truly boggles the mind.

It certainly boggles his.

~ Umberto Eco
12-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Now what I don't understand is why this thread has 2,220+ posts in a relatively short time.
KC's thread "Ask a Theist!" has 2,395 posts and is way older than this one.

No

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
12-05-2013, 11:03 AM
(12-05-2013 10:37 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 10:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  my husband is grilling marinated meat and chicken for Mother's Day. We're having a thai slaw too....

Sloe Gin Fizzes and Champaign.

He said I won't have to do anything. We'll see. I hope he's right. He's raising the bar for father's day...damn him. So I'm already planning...

I'm thinking of learning to make cannoli.

Thats not that hard, you can even get the shells pre-baked and fill them yourself for semi-homemade. Making the shells can be a bit of a learning curve if you've never made shaped pastries before. Good Luck and enjoy your day MSBB.

Yea...I don't want to do the prebaked shells...I want to make them entirely myself. I think I have the metal forms (they were his grandma's).

The ones here they sell are just awful. It's like a hard cookie filled with whipped cream. That is NOT a cannoli.

12-05-2013, 11:08 AM
(12-05-2013 11:02 AM)KVron Wrote:  Now what I don't understand is why this thread has 2,220+ posts in a relatively short time.
KC's thread "Ask a Theist!" has 2,395 posts and is way older than this one.

No

Because we're tenacious?

Well, actually he said somewhere that he doesn't believe in "agreeing to disagree"

So we either have to keep disagreeing with him until he becomes bored and leaves....

Well, really there isn't a second option. Because he'll say something completely batshit that begs a retort.

And ya we take the bait.

I guess if we all just ignored him and just talked amongst ourselves he'd get the message and go away.