the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: the God term
(12-05-2013 11:02 AM)KVron Wrote:  Now what I don't understand is why this thread has 2,220+ posts in a relatively short time.
KC's thread "Ask a Theist!" has 2,395 posts and is way older than this one.

No

KC's strategy was polite conversation and he put some thought into his posts and replies. This guy's strategy was pissing people off - pushed some buttons, people wanted to crush his crappy God is Love stuff. It proved difficult because his brain interacts with logic much the same way a neutrino interacts with ordinary matter...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey Mom, Happy Mother's Day!!! (and to all mothers too) Bowing

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
12-05-2013, 12:08 PM
12-05-2013, 12:14 PM
(11-05-2013 08:40 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm not talking about the term Love. Men didn't invent what the term is used to describe.

Quote:The emotions experienced by humans came from natural selection. From nature.
Which God created.

Read my signature.
With all due respect, your signature is already what the Christ does.
12-05-2013, 12:20 PM
(11-05-2013 09:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  That is exactly what God said.
No, actually men didn't invent Love.

Yes men did. Men created god -- god doesn't really exist. Therefore the idea of love, as you understand is man's invention.
Love is not an idea and you know it, particularly as a Mother on Mothers day. Which prompts me to bow to the Maternal side in all it's awesome beauty and wish you a Happy Mothers Day.
12-05-2013, 12:24 PM
(12-05-2013 12:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:40 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Which God created.

Read my signature.
With all due respect, your signature is already what the Christ does.

Christ does nothing. He is not here, probably never was in the way you mean. Your posts where you claim to have explained yourself are nothing but repetition of the words Truth God and Love always capitalised as if that adds any extra meaning.

As I have noted before your personal theology is based on ignorance but as of now it seems that it is an enforced ignorance. You don't want to learn the truth because you already created one you like better than reality and for that I pity you. You rely on nothing but word games and fallacies and when confronted with them you either ignore the criticism or spout inanities in the form of a mantra "God is Love is Truth is God is Love is Truth is God..."

As to your God of love, if on the impossible chance he were to exist, he has a lot to answer for and I doubt he would be able to and not be worse than your Satan.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-05-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 12:53 PM by childeye.)
(11-05-2013 09:10 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  People have suffered and become insane for centuries by the thought of eternal punishment after death. Wouldn't it be better to depend on blind matter (...) than by a god who puts out traps for people, invites them to sin, and allows them to sin and commit crimes he could prevent. Only to finally get the barbarian pleasure to punish them in an excessive way, of no use for himself, without them changing their ways and without their example preventing others from committing crimes.
Baron d'Holbach
You already do depend on blind matter. For this is the source of your words which are clearly without understanding. The tale of the ephod by Childeye:

So God had delivered a great victory unto Gideon only after Gideon finally trusted God that he would need few men to destroy a vast army. And so Gideon wanting to commemorate the great and marvelous work done by God, took all the gold of the defeated army and melted it into a single ephod, a sacrament that was a symbol of the sacred event. But after generations passed the ephod turned into a place of whoredom as thousands would come to pray to God and ask for things or even just to touch the ephod.

So then came atheists whose mission was to destroy the imaginary things that enslaved men's minds. For they had heard of the golden god that people regarded and worshipped. And after the atheists arrived, they watched with sincere pity the spectacle before them as people crawled on their hands and knees weeping with outstretched arms towards the ephod. Then they boldly and courageously walked through the people, straight up to the ephod. There they grabbed it, held it up and shouted, "you poor stupid people, this is no god and we will prove it to you". And they took the ephod and cracked it open with a huge hammer and continued to break it into the smallest pieces. Then they threw the pieces to the masses and said, "there's your god, go buy groceries". Then they rode off satisfied with themselves, having proven once again that there is no god.
12-05-2013, 12:57 PM
(12-05-2013 11:43 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hey Mom, Happy Mother's Day!!! (and to all mothers too) Bowing

Thanks! Happy mother's day to your wife too!

Heart

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Which prompts me to bow to the Maternal side in all it's awesome beauty and wish you a Happy Mothers Day.
[/quote]

Thanks.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post