the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: the God term
(12-05-2013 03:27 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 12:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  You already do depend on blind matter. For this is the source of your words which are clearly without understanding. The tale of the ephod by Childeye:

So God had delivered a great victory unto Gideon only after Gideon finally trusted God that he would need few men to destroy a vast army. And so Gideon wanting to commemorate the great and marvelous work done by God, took all the gold of the defeated army and melted it into a single ephod, a sacrament that was a symbol of the sacred event. But after generations passed the ephod turned into a place of whoredom as thousands would come to pray to God and ask for things or even just to touch the ephod.

So then came atheists whose mission was to destroy the imaginary things that enslaved men's minds. For they had heard of the golden god that people regarded and worshipped. And after the atheists arrived, they watched with sincere pity the spectacle before them as people crawled on their hands and knees weeping with outstretched arms towards the ephod. Then they boldly and courageously walked through the people, straight up to the ephod. There they grabbed it, held it up and shouted, "you poor stupid people, this is no god and we will prove it to you". And they took the ephod and cracked it open with a huge hammer and continued to break it into the smallest pieces. Then they threw the pieces to the masses and said, "there's your god, go buy groceries". Then they rode off satisfied with themselves, having proven once again that there is no god.

Gideon or Gedeon (pron.: /ˈɡɪd.iː.ən/;[1] Hebrew: גִּדְעוֹן, Modern Gid'on Tiberian Giḏʻôn), which means "Destroyer," "Mighty warrior," or "Feller (of trees)" was, according to the Tanakh, a judge of the Hebrews.

So according to your logic. Muslim terrorists are really loving people, doing gods work. Just like Gideon did?
Now this is ineresting. How is it that in your mind somehow my story about atheists turned into a story about Muslims?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Bump another bump
12-05-2013, 03:39 PM
(12-05-2013 03:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 03:27 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Gideon or Gedeon (pron.: /ˈɡɪd.iː.ən/;[1] Hebrew: גִּדְעוֹן, Modern Gid'on Tiberian Giḏʻôn), which means "Destroyer," "Mighty warrior," or "Feller (of trees)" was, according to the Tanakh, a judge of the Hebrews.

So according to your logic. Muslim terrorists are really loving people, doing gods work. Just like Gideon did?
Now this is ineresting. How is it that in your mind somehow my story about atheists turned into a story about Muslims?

The first paragraph of your reply was about a man named Gideon. Knowing the story I know what kind of person god seems to choose to do his "good" work.

"And Gideon said, Therefore when the Lord hath delivered Zebah and Zalmunna into mine hand, then I will tear your flesh with the thorns of the wilderness and with briers" (Judges 8:7)

"Now Zebah and Zalmunna were Karkor, and their hosts with them, about fifteen thousand men, all that were left of all the hosts of the children of the east: for there fell an hundred and twenty thousand men that drew sword." (Judges 8:10)

This from a modern view point is by definition religious terrorism.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
12-05-2013, 04:18 PM
(12-05-2013 03:27 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  So according to your logic. Muslim terrorists are really loving people, doing gods work. Just like Gideon did?

Ce will do whatever he feels is needed to cherry pick and bolster his opinion. I don't care how many people share his opinion there are plenty of Christians who also believe god is soemthing to be fearful of. I see it time and again.

His idea of god is one part new age woo, one part hope and one part bible -- because he'll dismiss the bible as a corrupt book when it suits ce's needs.

Not to mention, he's too blind to mention that god has been used as a justification for far too many wars.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2013, 04:45 PM
(12-05-2013 04:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 03:27 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  So according to your logic. Muslim terrorists are really loving people, doing gods work. Just like Gideon did?

Ce will do whatever he feels is needed to cherry pick and bolster his opinion. I don't care how many people share his opinion there are plenty of Christians who also believe god is soemthing to be fearful of. I see it time and again.

His idea of god is one part new age woo, one part hope and one part bible -- because he'll dismiss the bible as a corrupt book when it suits ce's needs.

Not to mention, he's too blind to mention that god has been used as a justification for far too many wars.

I know.

Sometimes when I'm talking to this guy, it's like putting god on trial, and he is the defense attorney.

I mean if we took some lesser known stories of the bible and replaced "god" with any other name, and put that guy on trial. He'd be put away.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
(12-05-2013 04:45 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 04:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ce will do whatever he feels is needed to cherry pick and bolster his opinion. I don't care how many people share his opinion there are plenty of Christians who also believe god is soemthing to be fearful of. I see it time and again.

I know.

Sometimes when I'm talking to this guy, it's like putting god on trial, and he is the defense attorney.

I mean if we took some lesser known stories of the bible and replaced got with any other name, and put that guy on trial. He'd be put away.

I saw a thing once where someone took all the stuff God did in the bible changed his name and said he was the dictator of a small country and asked for people to sign a petition condemning his actions. Needless to say most people were offended when they realised that the petition they had signed was about their Lovable friend God.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-05-2013, 05:03 PM
(12-05-2013 03:39 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 03:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  Now this is ineresting. How is it that in your mind somehow my story about atheists turned into a story about Muslims?

The first paragraph of your reply was about a man named Gideon. Knowing the story I know what kind of person god seems to choose to do his "good" work.

"And Gideon said, Therefore when the Lord hath delivered Zebah and Zalmunna into mine hand, then I will tear your flesh with the thorns of the wilderness and with briers" (Judges 8:7)

"Now Zebah and Zalmunna were Karkor, and their hosts with them, about fifteen thousand men, all that were left of all the hosts of the children of the east: for there fell an hundred and twenty thousand men that drew sword." (Judges 8:10)

Only if you don't see the metaphor. Besides you're not even responding to the intent of my story. I would like to know if atheists can picture themselves as perceiving an ephod as a perceived god?
12-05-2013, 05:06 PM
(12-05-2013 05:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 03:39 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  The first paragraph of your reply was about a man named Gideon. Knowing the story I know what kind of person god seems to choose to do his "good" work.

Only if you don't see the metaphor. Besides you're not even responding to the intent of my story. I would like to know if atheists can picture themselves as perceiving an ephod as a perceived god?

Atheists don't perceive anything as god. Don't be so fucking stupid.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-05-2013, 05:11 PM
(12-05-2013 05:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 03:39 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  The first paragraph of your reply was about a man named Gideon. Knowing the story I know what kind of person god seems to choose to do his "good" work.

God in general is a human invention to deal with things. God answers the questions we have about how the world works.

The emotional responses to the world, and provides an emotional black hole, that we can use as duct tape over our psychological issues. That is to say we dump all our problems into the black hole, think god will fix it all, and ignore what is actually going on.

And it provides for the need to do good things, socialize, control people, and get justice.

So any god to us is as real as dragons, bugbears, and turtles with laser beam eyes from outer space.

In other words it's all imaginary, until evidence that is testable, repeatable, and confirmed can be produced.

-Baron d'Holbach-
12-05-2013, 05:14 PM
(12-05-2013 04:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 04:45 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I know.

I mean if we took some lesser known stories of the bible and replaced got with any other name, and put that guy on trial. He'd be put away.

I saw a thing once where someone took all the stuff God did in the bible changed his name and said he was the dictator of a small country and asked for people to sign a petition condemning his actions. Needless to say most people were offended when they realised that the petition they had signed was about their Lovable friend God.
But of course, that is the whole point of it. God Himself says He is slandered by the same blindness that crucifies the Christ. Consequently in that same blindness that this someone did this that you post, I am sure he did not even include the life of Jesus as any example of God, the very man sent by God to clear up His Own Name and Image.