the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: the God term
(12-05-2013 06:22 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 06:11 PM)childeye Wrote:  You are misunderstanding my posts. I never said we cannot perceive God. I was replying to Chas and his saying we as atheists don't percieve God. I answered by saying that this causes atheists to misinterpret the bible, and pointed out the error, that they claim to know better about such spiritually moral things which they also claim they don't even perceive.
I am trying to point out hypocritical reasoning in the nicest way possible, so I also count myself the same because though I now do perceive is where once I didn't..
So long as stars are the product of the big bang it doesn't matter, for their energy came from the big bang as all things in the universe do.

How does one perceive this god?
If God exists as the Creator then all that is in our universe comes from a singularity. Therefore for us there can only be monotheism. There must be one God for all men. The greatest thing in lif that we can percieve is Love which is in all men and is what Life is all about. Men would give their lives to save their baby child out of Love. Love is greater tham life. We perceive God in the most personable of ways. We live to experience and come to know the value of Love.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 06:37 PM by childeye.)
(12-05-2013 05:17 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 05:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  But of course, that is the whole point of it. God Himself says He is slandered by the same blindness that crucifies the Christ. Consequently in that same blindness that this someone did this that you post, I am sure he did not even include the life of Jesus as any example of God, the very man sent by God to clear up His Own Name and Image.

I'm so sorry but really?!

Jesus was god's public relations man?

hahahahahaha

I apologize.
No apology necessary. Yes Jesus was sort of a public relations man. The meaning of the term "Christ", is The True Image of God sent by God Himself.
[+] 1 user Likes childeye's post
12-05-2013, 06:32 PM
(12-05-2013 05:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 05:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  Only if you don't see the metaphor. Besides you're not even responding to the intent of my story. I would like to know if atheists can picture themselves as perceiving an ephod as a perceived god?

Atheists don't perceive anything as god. Don't be so fucking stupid.

You forgot to say "shoo fly"

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-05-2013, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 06:55 PM by fstratzero.)
(12-05-2013 06:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 06:22 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  How does one perceive this god?
If God exists as the Creator then all that is in our universe comes from a singularity. Therefore for us there can only be monotheism. There must be one God for all men. The greatest thing in lif that we can percieve is Love which is in all men and is what Life is all about. Men would give their lives to save their baby child out of Love. Love is greater tham life. We perceive God in the most personable of ways. We live to experience and come to know the value of Love.

Weeping

Again with this emotional dribble.

For the moment we know that the universe did expand. If that began, lasted forever, rebounds, etc has yet to be seen. That's the point of doing the research into the origins of the universe. To let nature tell us about her self.

What ever the evidence bears out I will follow.

However if the universe were created. I think the most realistic scenario would involve other beings more powerful than we are. Not one being made of contradictions. In fact I think god is the least likely cause of anything.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
12-05-2013, 07:07 PM
12-05-2013, 07:16 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-05-2013, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 07:26 PM by fstratzero.)

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-05-2013, 07:29 PM
(12-05-2013 07:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 07:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Weeping

Well yeah, what do you think spiritual Truth is about? Spirits are emotions.

That's because you don't even comprehend the term god. If God is not the Creator of everything, then there is no God. Hence to say god is the least likely cause of anything is the least smartest thing you could say pertaining to the True meaning of the term.

Yes if you start at the answer and ignore all the evidence to the contrary it is obviously god. However if you look at reality and don't insert Bias you draw the opposite conclusion.
What evidence could anyone claim to be contrary to god when they admit they don't even understand the term? Also, I assume we are all talking about reality. I did not suggest that God as Love is unreal, Love is very real. Moreover the existence of a manuscript of Isaiah from 1300 B.C. is fact. That displays the foretelling of future events concerning the Gospel and The New Covenant.
12-05-2013, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 07:52 PM by childeye.)
12-05-2013, 07:43 PM
So this pretty much describes the entirety of this thread.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post