the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: the God term
(12-05-2013 08:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes but at least on record we have you all agreeing with everything I say at some point or another. That Love is the spiritual moral Truth inside of men. You simply misinterpret the scriptures regarding the term God.

Wow going back to that...

And you agreed a couple times that man invented god.

Shoo fly.
Yes as in idols.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 07:51 PM by Full Circle.)
(12-05-2013 08:01 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 07:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think fstratzero has a solid grasp of the term god, you however have fallen down the proverbial Rabbit Hole and can't seem to quite put your finger on it.

God is Love, Love is Empathy, Love created the Universe, the Universe is Love, my Dog believes in God, God believes in my Dog, the Dog created the Universe, the Universe is Love, Love is Love, is Love Love?, 40-Love, All You Need is Love, Linda Lovelace is God, Spirits are Emotions, Spirits are Ghosts, Ghosts are Emotions...down, down, down the Rabbit Hole we go!

childeye you are analogous to the Jabberwocky poem, it sounds like you're saying something but in reality the phrases have no meaning, or worse, you give them a different meaning from what everyone else understands.

OK, I'll be back in another 50-100 pages and see if anything has changed.
You do seem to pop up in the middle of conversations and remark on things without any concept of the progression of the discourse. The dialogue began by an atheist saying that atheists don't percieve god. I simply agreed.

It's my way. Speaking of not having any concept of progression, I submit to you that in the last 242 pages of verbiage no progression has been made in the discourse. You have shown no ratiocination in your arguments and have been guilty of repetitive catachresis. I, as an ex-theist and now an atheist, percieve the word god, understand the concept but do not believe gods exist. Is that plain enough?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-05-2013, 08:33 PM
(12-05-2013 08:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Now, we've gone fully back to the beginning...

Back to arrogance that no one but Ce can understsnd anything. More crap.

Shoo fly
Yes but at least on record we have you all agreeing with everything I say at some point or another. That Love is the spiritual moral Truth inside of men. You simply misinterpret the scriptures regarding the term God.

Do women love?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
12-05-2013, 08:38 PM
(12-05-2013 08:33 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes but at least on record we have you all agreeing with everything I say at some point or another. That Love is the spiritual moral Truth inside of men. You simply misinterpret the scriptures regarding the term God.

Do women love?
But of course they do. The Maternal Love is a full circle view of Truth.
12-05-2013, 08:39 PM
(12-05-2013 08:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:33 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Do women love?
But of course they do. The Maternal Love is a full circle view of Truth.

At least you are using the term men and man in the humankind sort of way. I had to check.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-05-2013, 08:45 PM
(12-05-2013 08:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's been covered before, at least twice.

Just shoo fly
Yes you are right. But still people are lost in the semantics. Because they don't define their terms from any absolute, such as Love is good, and then reason upon that sure Truth.

No, we're not "lost in semantics" you keep appliying your own convoluted definitions. We don't agree...

There really isn't much else to say.

I'm sure you'll think of something though.

I believe somewhere in this extensive thread you mentioned you've been banned from other forums...christian ones, I think.

Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2013, 08:49 PM
(12-05-2013 08:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wow going back to that...

And you agreed a couple times that man invented god.

Shoo fly.
Yes as in idols.

That's not what I meant and not what you agreed to. I didn't say gods..I said god.

Your god. If you weren't sure, you should have asked. Seeing that I'm an atheist and your on an atheist forum -- I'm positive that it's more smoke and mirrors from you.

And more being disingenuous Ce.

Shoo fly

12-05-2013, 08:55 PM
(12-05-2013 08:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:01 PM)childeye Wrote:  You do seem to pop up in the middle of conversations and remark on things without any concept of the progression of the discourse. The dialogue began by an atheist saying that atheists don't percieve god. I simply agreed.

Quote:It's my way. Speaking of not having any concept of progression, I submit to you that in the last 242 pages of verbiage no progression has been made in the discourse.
You have shown no ratiocination in your arguments and have been guilty of repetitive catachresis. I, as an ex-theist and now an atheist, percieve the word god, understand the concept but do not believe gods exist. I that plain enough?
On the contrary, I have proved my point many times over. You all already agree. The problem now is simply over misinterpretation of scripture on your part because of the self admitted inability to percieve what the term God means since you don't perceive God. But the term god is not owned by you or me to make out of it what we wish particularly when we try to interpret what somebody else meant who wrote scripture thousands of years before we were even born. You say above you do perceive what the term god means only because you make up your own meaning. This has been proven. We are not talking about the god you make up and then claim you don't believe in. If that were the case we would be in agreement since I don't believe in that god either. But of course I have already showed you that scripture says the same as I say, that God is Love.
12-05-2013, 09:01 PM
(12-05-2013 08:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You have shown no ratiocination in your arguments and have been guilty of repetitive catachresis. I, as an ex-theist and now an atheist, percieve the word god, understand the concept but do not believe gods exist. I that plain enough?
On the contrary, I have proved my point many times over. You all already agree. The problem now is simply over misinterpretation of scripture on your part because of the self admitted inability to percieve what the term God means since you don't perceive God. But the term god is not owned by you or me to make out of it what we wish particularly when we try to interpret what somebody else meant who wrote scripture thousands of years before we were even born. You say above you do perceive what the term god means only because you make up your own meaning. This has been proven. We are not talking about the god you make up and then claim you don't believe in. If that were the case we would be in agreement since I don't believe in that god either. But of course I have already showed you that scripture says the same as I say, that God is Love.

No we don't agree.

Shoo fly

12-05-2013, 09:07 PM
(12-05-2013 08:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes as in idols.

That's not what I meant and not what you agreed to. I didn't say gods..I said god.

Your god. If you weren't sure, you should have asked. Seeing that I'm an atheist and your on an atheist forum -- I'm positive that it's more smoke and mirrors from you.

And more being disingenuous Ce.

Shoo fly
You are correct that I had some fun saying you agreed with what God said according to scripture. But it was the easiest way to point out how you were misapllying the term. I am being perfectly succinct in saying that you all agree that Love is the moral spirit that is real and which is the definer of morality in all men. We are currently at odds concerning the interpretation of what the term god means in scripture according to the intent of writers of scripture. You simply want to fabricate your own meaning of the term and then deny it exists. That is disingenuous.