the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: the God term

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
12-05-2013, 09:11 PM
gobstopper bump

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-05-2013, 09:12 PM
(12-05-2013 08:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It's my way. Speaking of not having any concept of progression, I submit to you that in the last 242 pages of verbiage no progression has been made in the discourse. You have shown no ratiocination in your arguments and have been guilty of repetitive catachresis. I, as an ex-theist and now an atheist, percieve the word god, understand the concept but do not believe gods exist. I that plain enough?

eh, don't waste your breath. Too many words that he'll just twist his nuts around to convince himself you agree with him.

And really, do you owe him any explanations? I don't think you do. Youre free to come and go...or stay and lurk.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-05-2013, 09:14 PM
(12-05-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's not what I meant and not what you agreed to. I didn't say gods..I said god.

Your god. If you weren't sure, you should have asked. Seeing that I'm an atheist and your on an atheist forum -- I'm positive that it's more smoke and mirrors from you.

And more being disingenuous Ce.

Shoo fly
I am being perfectly succinct in saying that you all agree that Love is the moral spirit that is real and which is the definer of morality in all men.

A moral spirit (and even that is being generous) not The moral spirit.

As a side note you mentioned getting banned from christian forums. Roughly how long did they let you hang around and does it seem weird to you that the atheists (the great boogiemen of the religious world) have made no move to ban you?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-05-2013, 09:15 PM
(12-05-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's not what I meant and not what you agreed to. I didn't say gods..I said god.

Your god. If you weren't sure, you should have asked. Seeing that I'm an atheist and your on an atheist forum -- I'm positive that it's more smoke and mirrors from you.

And more being disingenuous Ce.

Shoo fly
You are correct that I had some fun saying you agreed with what God said according to scripture. But it was the easiest way to point out how you were misapllying the term. I am being perfectly succinct in saying that you all agree that Love is the moral spirit that is real and which is the definer of morality in all men. We are currently at odds concerning the interpretation of what the term god means in scripture according to the intent of writers of scripture. You simply want to fabricate your own meaning of the term and then deny it exists. That is disingenuous.

No we aren't. Only you.

Shoo fly

12-05-2013, 09:21 PM
(12-05-2013 09:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 08:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  On the contrary, I have proved my point many times over. You all already agree. The problem now is simply over misinterpretation of scripture on your part because of the self admitted inability to percieve what the term God means since you don't perceive God. But the term god is not owned by you or me to make out of it what we wish particularly when we try to interpret what somebody else meant who wrote scripture thousands of years before we were even born. You say above you do perceive what the term god means only because you make up your own meaning. This has been proven. We are not talking about the god you make up and then claim you don't believe in. If that were the case we would be in agreement since I don't believe in that god either. But of course I have already showed you that scripture says the same as I say, that God is Love.

No we don't agree.

Shoo fly
Don't agree with what specifically. That Love is real? That Love is good? That love is what gives meaning to life? That Love is the moral goodness in mankind?

No, you don't agree that Love is God. Why? Because you insist that God could not be equated with anything real. You have made up your own definition of god as superstition so you can deny existence of god in your own reasoning. You construct in your minds a false god that is evryone elses superstition. And you berate others who worship God in Truth as Love, as if they worshipped a superstition.
12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
(12-05-2013 09:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No we don't agree.

Shoo fly
Don't agree with what specifically. That Love is real? That Love is good? That love is what gives meaning to life? That Love is the moral goodness in mankind?

No, you don't agree that Love is God. Why? Because you insist that God could not be equated with anything real. You have made up your own definition of god as superstition so you can deny existence of god in your own reasoning. You construct in your minds a false god that is evryone elses superstition. And you berate others who worship God in Truth as Love, as if they worshipped a superstition.

Love is an emotion. It isn't always "real" or "good" sometimes you think you love something, but you really don't. Or you can love the wrong thing and that isn't always good.

Love isnt the meaning of life either...there are many things that give life meaning. Love is moral goodness...nope...too many wars for that shit to be true. There are no absolutes where love is concerned.

As to the rest of your crap. Nope, no, and no.

A final note, I didn't go to your forum to berate you. You came here to tell me and others how wrong you think we are. When we say, we don't believe you, you twist words, even changing their meanings and berate us.

Shoo fly.

12-05-2013, 09:35 PM
(12-05-2013 09:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am being perfectly succinct in saying that you all agree that Love is the moral spirit that is real and which is the definer of morality in all men.

A moral spirit (and even that is being generous) not The moral spirit.

As a side note you mentioned getting banned from christian forums. Roughly how long did they let you hang around and does it seem weird to you that the atheists (the great boogiemen of the religious world) have made no move to ban you?

He'll never reply to that.

12-05-2013, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 09:43 PM by fstratzero.)
(12-05-2013 09:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No we don't agree.

Shoo fly

hahahaha

You pretend god's definition is god is love.

The truth is you really believe that.

God is all loving, all powerful, all present, all knowing, and the origin of the universe.

Yes sir you are worshiping a delusion. One you even hide from yourself.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-05-2013, 09:42 PM
(12-05-2013 09:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  A moral spirit (and even that is being generous) not The moral spirit.

He'll never reply to that.

I'll give him a chance and in any case it just honest curiosity. I find christian forums interesting in their speed at which they ban dissenting opinions. I mean what's the point of a forum if everyone is just having a circlejerk?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post