the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: the God term
(12-05-2013 09:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am being perfectly succinct in saying that you all agree that Love is the moral spirit that is real and which is the definer of morality in all men.

Quote:A moral spirit (and even that is being generous) not The moral spirit.
No The Moral Spirit as in that which performs the golden rule. That which has compassion and mercy, and sorrow and joy and hope and faith, responsibility and accounatbility to others. That which is lacking in Psychopathy, empathy.

As a side note you mentioned getting banned from christian forums. Roughly how long did they let you hang around and does it seem weird to you that the atheists (the great boogiemen of the religious world) have made no move to ban you?
I am glad you bring this up. If you would, I would appreciate a change in subject matter for a while. Even I am getting tired of repeating God is Love, Love is good, Love is real, etc...

On many christian forums the issues they do not like to talk about and love to talk about are basically centered on freewill not freewill and every degree in between. Much like here, the semantics obscure the dialogue and most exchanges are just drawn out misunderstandings that cause disagreement when in actuality they agree.

But there are some that have deep wisdom also, and those who can see through the semantics try to keep the conversations productive. When the ones who are mature in the faith get together, we exchange marvelous thoughts of self evident Truths that confirm our common conviction.

I have been removed by one forum for simply a joke that was taken seriously by a moderator. I had a seriously hot thread going on another about freewill. This forum did not like what I was saying. Particularly this one moderator who shut down the thread. So I started another only titled differently but meant to continue the same line of reasoning only without using the term freewill. That got him mad and he censored me.

But the worst was the Catholic forum. I lasted two days with excellent exchanges and they banned my computer for life. For two weeks after that, if you googled bread and wine this discourse came up as number one on the list.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 09:51 PM
(12-05-2013 09:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He'll never reply to that.

I'll give him a chance and in any case it just honest curiosity. I find christian forums interesting in their speed at which they ban dissenting opinions. I mean what's the point of a forum if everyone is just having a circlejerk?

This is the first forum I've ever really joined. And I totally agree...preaching to the choir is dull.

That said, I don't mind (i usally welcome them when rheyre thoughtful and not redundant) differing opinions, but this Ce thread is ridiculous.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-05-2013, 09:57 PM
(12-05-2013 09:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No The Moral Spirit as in that which performs the golden rule. That which has compassion and mercy, and sorrow and joy and hope and faith, responsibility and accounatbility to others. That which is lacking in Psychopathy, empathy.

As a side note you mentioned getting banned from christian forums. Roughly how long did they let you hang around and does it seem weird to you that the atheists (the great boogiemen of the religious world) have made no move to ban you?
I am glad you bring this up. If you would, I would appreciate a change in subject matter for a while. Even I am getting tired of repeating God is Love, Love is good, Love is real, etc...

On many christian forums the issues they do not like to talk about and love to talk about are basically centered on freewill not freewill and every degree in between. Much like here, the semantics obscure the dialogue and most exchanges are just drawn out misunderstandings that cause disagreement when in actuality they agree.

But there are some that have deep wisdom also, and those who can see through the semantics try to keep the conversations productive. When the ones who are mature in the faith get together, we exchange marvelous thoughts of self evident Truths that confirm our common conviction.

I have been removed by one forum for simply a joke that was taken seriously by a moderator. I had a seriously hot thread going on another about freewill. This forum did not like what I was saying. Particularly this one moderator who shut down the thread. So I started another only titled differently but meant to continue the same line of reasoning only without using the term freewill. That got him mad and he censored me.

But the worst was the Catholic forum. I lasted two days with excellent exchanges and they banned my computer for life. For two weeks after that, if you googled bread and wine this discourse came up as number one on the list.

Tell me what is a spirit? What is it made of? How does it work?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-05-2013, 10:01 PM
(12-05-2013 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I'll give him a chance and in any case it just honest curiosity. I find christian forums interesting in their speed at which they ban dissenting opinions. I mean what's the point of a forum if everyone is just having a circlejerk?

This is the first forum I've ever really joined. And I totally agree...preaching to the choir is dull.

That said, I don't mind (i usally welcome them when rheyre thoughtful and not redundant) differing opinions, but this Ce thread is ridiculous.

I don't think dude's been disingenuous. Doing his best to play from the child's eye as far as I can see.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-05-2013, 10:01 PM
(12-05-2013 09:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No The Moral Spirit as in that which performs the golden rule. That which has compassion and mercy, and sorrow and joy and hope and faith, responsibility and accounatbility to others. That which is lacking in Psychopathy, empathy.

I don't get banning anyone for opinions. If they can back them up and you can't counter you're probably just wrong. If they can't back them up it just makes them look bad. I'd rather a free exchange of ideas than banhammering anyone that didn't tow the party line.

(12-05-2013 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I'll give him a chance and in any case it just honest curiosity. I find christian forums interesting in their speed at which they ban dissenting opinions. I mean what's the point of a forum if everyone is just having a circlejerk?

Gives us something to do. I find if I'm not actively engaged in a debate here I tend to get bored. Like for the last week or so I've been watching far too much Bleach on youtube. 170 episodes in like a week and a half. No Thats why I'm back in this thread.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-05-2013, 10:04 PM
12-05-2013, 10:04 PM

I'm actually sorry that happened (really can't believe I'm saying that). Guess those mods might have felt you'd already said it all and were just repeating yourself?

What were you saying about free will? If you don't mind me asking?

12-05-2013, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 10:11 PM by fstratzero.)

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
12-05-2013, 10:07 PM
(12-05-2013 10:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  .
(12-05-2013 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is the first forum I've ever really joined. And I totally agree...preaching to the choir is dull.

Gives us something to do. I find if I'm not actively engaged in a debate here I tend to get bored. Like for the last week or so I've been watching far too much Bleach on youtube. 170 episodes in like a week and a half. No Thats why I'm back in this thread.

Lmao! I have to take breaks from this thread. Too circular for me. Undecided

12-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Well I've met uncountable amounts of christians like you.

Who will refuse, twist, and contort everything to fit into what they think god is.

To those who are like you all I have to say is that I hope you get everything you believe in.

I could think of no greater torture than eternal life. If you want that, I hope you get that.

-Baron d'Holbach-