the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: the God term
(12-05-2013 09:38 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  Don't agree with what specifically. That Love is real? That Love is good? That love is what gives meaning to life? That Love is the moral goodness in mankind?

No, you don't agree that Love is God. Why? Because you insist that God could not be equated with anything real. You have made up your own definition of god as superstition so you can deny existence of god in your own reasoning. You construct in your minds a false god that is evryone elses superstition. And you berate others who worship God in Truth as Love, as if they worshipped a superstition.

hahahaha

You pretend god's definition is god is love.

The truth is you really believe that.

God is all loving, all powerful, all present, all knowing, and the origin of the universe.

Yes sir you are worshiping a delusion. One you even hide from yourself.

I Heart that movie. I made my son watch it...lol. He was quite bored (another old movie mom's making me watch) until he realized what it was about...then he was like...wow!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2013, 10:21 PM
(12-05-2013 09:57 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am glad you bring this up. If you would, I would appreciate a change in subject matter for a while. Even I am getting tired of repeating God is Love, Love is good, Love is real, etc...

On many christian forums the issues they do not like to talk about and love to talk about are basically centered on freewill not freewill and every degree in between. Much like here, the semantics obscure the dialogue and most exchanges are just drawn out misunderstandings that cause disagreement when in actuality they agree.

But there are some that have deep wisdom also, and those who can see through the semantics try to keep the conversations productive. When the ones who are mature in the faith get together, we exchange marvelous thoughts of self evident Truths that confirm our common conviction.

I have been removed by one forum for simply a joke that was taken seriously by a moderator. I had a seriously hot thread going on another about freewill. This forum did not like what I was saying. Particularly this one moderator who shut down the thread. So I started another only titled differently but meant to continue the same line of reasoning only without using the term freewill. That got him mad and he censored me.

But the worst was the Catholic forum. I lasted two days with excellent exchanges and they banned my computer for life. For two weeks after that, if you googled bread and wine this discourse came up as number one on the list.

Tell me what is a spirit? What is it made of? How does it work?
Well of course you know already. Emotions are real and define the character of our countenance. What is it made of? It is not understood as physical in makeup. It is experienced and lived. Ever had your heart broken? Ever cried or laughed? Hence scripture speaks of all of these spirits. But ultimately the Greatest Spirit which all others are derived from because of either the presence of it or the absence of it, is Love seen as empathy.
12-05-2013, 10:24 PM
(12-05-2013 10:19 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Well I've met uncountable amounts of christians like you.

Who will refuse, twist, and contort everything to fit into what they think god is.

To those who are like you all I have to say is that I hope you get everything you believe in.

I could think of no greater torture than eternal life. If you want that, I hope you get that.

That is totally brilliant! Eternity is long time...it would be shear hell to be stuck with all my batshit family! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2013, 10:24 PM
(12-05-2013 10:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 10:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  .

Gives us something to do. I find if I'm not actively engaged in a debate here I tend to get bored. Like for the last week or so I've been watching far too much Bleach on youtube. 170 episodes in like a week and a half. No Thats why I'm back in this thread.

Lmao! I have to take breaks from this thread. Too circular for me. Undecided

Thats OCD for ya. I decided I needed to go back and watch the entire series since I had missed big chunks of it. I get on kicks like that every now and then. This forum might be a kick like that considering how much time I spend here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote: I cannot deny that the Christ is the highest form of Love I could have never imagined. I cannot deny that Love is greater than life. I cannot deny that Love lives in all men in some degree. I can't deny that Love is the moral absolute. Sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

I believe I diagnosed your view a long time ago. Research Anselm's ontological argument for god. Really, this is what you are doing. Look up why it is a logical fallacy.

We're here to help. Ask questions if confused, but look it up. Then get back to us.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-05-2013, 10:31 PM
(12-05-2013 10:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well of course you know already. Emotions are real and define the character of our countenance. What is it made of? It is not understood as physical in makeup. It is experienced and lived. Ever had your heart broken? Ever cried or laughed? Hence scripture speaks of all of these spirits. But ultimately the Greatest Spirit which all others are derived from because of either the presence of it or the absence of it, is Love seen as empathy.

Shoo fly

12-05-2013, 10:42 PM
(12-05-2013 10:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am glad you bring this up. If you would, I would appreciate a change in subject matter for a while. Even I am getting tired of repeating God is Love, Love is good, Love is real, etc...

On many christian forums the issues they do not like to talk about and love to talk about are basically centered on freewill not freewill and every degree in between. Much like here, the semantics obscure the dialogue and most exchanges are just drawn out misunderstandings that cause disagreement when in actuality they agree.

But there are some that have deep wisdom also, and those who can see through the semantics try to keep the conversations productive. When the ones who are mature in the faith get together, we exchange marvelous thoughts of self evident Truths that confirm our common conviction.

I have been removed by one forum for simply a joke that was taken seriously by a moderator. I had a seriously hot thread going on another about freewill. This forum did not like what I was saying. Particularly this one moderator who shut down the thread. So I started another only titled differently but meant to continue the same line of reasoning only without using the term freewill. That got him mad and he censored me.

But the worst was the Catholic forum. I lasted two days with excellent exchanges and they banned my computer for life. For two weeks after that, if you googled bread and wine this discourse came up as number one on the list.

I'm actually sorry that happened (really can't believe I'm saying that). Guess those mods might have felt you'd already said it all and were just repeating yourself?

What were you saying about free will? If you don't mind me asking?
Not at all, I welcome the diversion. Basically the theology of freewill\no freewill ends up either blaming God or blaming man for all the bad things that happen. I suspect you knwo this. The problem is the semantics inherent in the word free. For if one is decieved is he truly free in his will? And if not, then the Truth must set him free. But then that means that the decieved are slaves and not free. But switching the meaning of the term free causes semantics. For the one who is a slave to the Truth is then free from the Truth. I therefore tend to say that the only True freewill is one that is set free from the lies. Hence the term freewill is relative and subjective, while others claim it s absolute and we are always free no matter how decieved we are.
This brings forth all the implications of why we sin, who to blame, where is responsibility, we are not robots, etc...
12-05-2013, 10:46 PM
12-05-2013, 10:48 PM
I know I have said elsewhere that I would refrain from entering this thread again, but...
I saw came out of boredom, as little else was going on, and saw this:

(12-05-2013 10:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well of course you know already. Emotions are real and define the character of our countenance. What is it made of? It is not understood as physical in makeup. It is experienced and lived. Ever had your heart broken? Ever cried or laughed? Hence scripture speaks of all of these spirits. But ultimately the Greatest Spirit which all others are derived from because of either the presence of it or the absence of it, is Love seen as empathy.

What of sociopaths and their like? Peopleusually know nothing of empathy and care not for sympathy, so what of them?

How exactly do you render your judgement upon them, Child?

Keep in mind, you've no obligation to respond, I merely ask out of abject boredom.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-05-2013, 10:50 PM
(12-05-2013 10:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 10:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm actually sorry that happened (really can't believe I'm saying that). Guess those mods might have felt you'd already said it all and were just repeating yourself?

What were you saying about free will? If you don't mind me asking?
Not at all, I welcome the diversion. Basically the theology of freewill\no freewill ends up either blaming God or blaming man for all the bad things that happen. I suspect you knwo this. The problem is the semantics inherent in the word free. For if one is decieved is he truly free in his will? And if not, then the Truth must set him free. But then that means that the decieved are slaves and not free. But switching the meaning of the term free causes semantics. For the one who is a slave to the Truth is then free from the Truth. I therefore tend to say that the only True freewill is one that is set free from the lies. Hence the term freewill is relative and subjective, while others claim it s absolute and we are always free no matter how decieved we are.
This brings forth all the implications of why we sin, who to blame, where is responsibility, we are not robots, etc...

For me hearing Christians argue about free will is similar to a heated argument between two alchemists as to whether it is the Aether that imbibes the conversion or if it is inherent in the base metal. It is a passionate exchange of utter meaninglessness.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post