the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2013, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 11:37 AM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
(12-05-2013 10:19 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Well I've met uncountable amounts of christians like you.

Who will refuse, twist, and contort everything to fit into what they think god is.
As I've said many times already, what you say is not even possible. Your lack of knowledge concerning Christianity is painfully obvious. You are arguing a straw man of your own construction. God brings a person to Christ. God reveals Himself.
Quote:To those who are like you all I have to say is that I hope you get everything you believe in.

I could think of no greater torture than eternal life. If you want that, I hope you get that.
I appreciate the sentiment fstratzero. I would like to say, that if eternal life was like this world, full of misery, where we try to protect whatever is left that is pure, then I would not want to live either.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2013, 11:34 AM
bump bump bump already
13-05-2013, 11:39 AM
(13-05-2013 11:31 AM)childeye Wrote:  I appreciate the sentiment fstratzero. I would like to say, that if eternal life was like this world, full of misery, I would not want to live either.

Soooo... what's it like then ? Lot's of bunny rabbits ? Lot's of fucking ? I'm betting your idea is more harps robes and sandals and holy virginity all the way ? 'Cos ya know that sounds like hell to me.

And how'dya know anyway ? Given that God himself is invisible. I assume you have a fool proof method for determining exactly the characteristics of the afterlife ?

Oh wait. The BIBLE!!!!
13-05-2013, 11:43 AM
(12-05-2013 10:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well of course you know already. Emotions are real and define the character of our countenance. What is it made of? It is not understood as physical in makeup. It is experienced and lived. Ever had your heart broken? Ever cried or laughed? Hence scripture speaks of all of these spirits. But ultimately the Greatest Spirit which all others are derived from because of either the presence of it or the absence of it, is Love seen as empathy.

Scripture speaks of "spirits" as the neuroscientist had yet to evolve.

I will suggest that the experience and expression of emotion are not the result of the activity of some specific brain structures ('emotional centers'), nor the diffuse (non-localized) effect of some chemical substances. Rather, emotion can be seen as (and possibly characterized by) continuous patterns of neuromodulation of certain sets (systems) of brain structures.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2013, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 12:39 PM by childeye.)
(12-05-2013 10:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 10:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  Not at all, I welcome the diversion. Basically the theology of freewill\no freewill ends up either blaming God or blaming man for all the bad things that happen. I suspect you knwo this. The problem is the semantics inherent in the word free. For if one is decieved is he truly free in his will? And if not, then the Truth must set him free. But then that means that the decieved are slaves and not free. But switching the meaning of the term free causes semantics. For the one who is a slave to the Truth is then free from the Truth. I therefore tend to say that the only True freewill is one that is set free from the lies. Hence the term freewill is relative and subjective, while others claim it s absolute and we are always free no matter how decieved we are.
This brings forth all the implications of why we sin, who to blame, where is responsibility, we are not robots, etc...

Sweet memories. I remember in the infancy of this thread when you chastised us for thinking too much. You've gone off the deep end, my friend. The confusion stops when you accept the inevitable. Join the dark side. We only eat babies.
Shall we play with these words? Confusion is inevitable to the confused. Dark side you say? You make me laugh. No one is more confused than he who is in the dark.
To accept the inevitable is to admit Truth exists. I think I think too much when I think I think too little.
13-05-2013, 12:09 PM
13-05-2013, 12:15 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-05-2013, 12:19 PM
(13-05-2013 11:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 11:31 AM)childeye Wrote:  I appreciate the sentiment fstratzero. I would like to say, that if eternal life was like this world, full of misery, I would not want to live either.

Quote:Soooo... what's it like then ? Lot's of bunny rabbits ? Lot's of fucking ? I'm betting your idea is more harps robes and sandals and holy virginity all the way ? 'Cos ya know that sounds like hell to me.

And how'dya know anyway ? Given that God himself is invisible. I assume you have a fool proof method for determining exactly the characteristics of the afterlife ?

Oh wait. The BIBLE!!!!
Actually I wouldn't know exactly what to expect from an afterlife, but I'm sure it's better than our current social quagmire.
13-05-2013, 12:38 PM
(13-05-2013 12:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 12:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  Personally I believe Psychology has studied emotions and behavior the most thoroughly. Neuroscientists however can explain many behavioral problems associated wth damaged brains. Scripture basically says what has always been said, there is a right and wrong that is bigger than any one single persons opinion.

Well when it comes down to brass tacks Morality is based on one single principle "Do no harm". Where as the scriptures boil down to 1 word and it isn't love it is "Obey". As a moral compass the bible is a horrible guide.
I sense more the negative in your use of the term obey. Respectfully the bible is not a moral compass so to speak. The bible itself can be used immorally as we well know. However the bible is not only about obey in both negative and positive aspects. It is really about faith. Looking deeper we see that Politics are inevitable. Who is in charge and worthy of trust is the only issue.
13-05-2013, 01:02 PM
(13-05-2013 12:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 12:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well when it comes down to brass tacks Morality is based on one single principle "Do no harm". Where as the scriptures boil down to 1 word and it isn't love it is "Obey". As a moral compass the bible is a horrible guide.
I sense more the negative in your use of the term obey. Respectfully the bible is not a moral compass so to speak. The bible itself can be used immorally as we well know. However the bible is not only about obey in both negative and positive aspects. It is really about faith. Looking deeper we see that Politics are inevitable. Who is in charge and worthy of trust is the only issue.

Exactly and the scriptures do not differentiate between good and evil rules or acts by god. Now I think you know this (by what all you've written) but you're not yet willing to completely disavow the Bible. I am assuming you are referring to the catholic version with the added texts. I came from a Southern Baptist background so I tend to reference the King James Bible But this brings me to yet another point Which version of holy writ is holy writ? Do the Arabic Infancy gospels count? Or the Gospel of Judas? Or are we just going to go with those books canonised under Constantine? How do we discount the Gnostic writings while still viewing the dead sea scrolls as having importance?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post